Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Subaru Crashes at CSCS Time Trial Event

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:54 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I couldn't watch it. Was the driver OK?

Edit: Must of had my head up my ***, as I completely missed the link to the article. Now, knowing the car was "borrowed" without the owner's consent, can't say that I'm as concerned with the driver.

Last edited by FJF; Jun 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dumb, dumberer ... and now ... dumberest!! Wow, so wrong on so many levels.

l8r)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
No Helmets is crazy, the track being that tight with people along the wall spectating with no clue as to the dangers was just as disturbing.

Why the hay bails were extended that far out into the track out location like that we may never know... If they were going to place hay bails or tires for that matter inside the wall like that, they should start them further back in the turn so that you would graze them much earlier if you drove an incorrect line like that. Maybe some painted lines on the outer edge of the track would have helped the driver realize he was heading for a barrier with his driving line... LOL. It's almost like he is approaching the hay bail from the side not the front, hence the reason for it flipping the car instead of absorbing crash energy. They are lucky it didn't act as a ramp and allow the car to climb the wall... would have been mass murder.

Last edited by Hiboost; Jun 10, 2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ohh no, poor car =[

but wow things could have went a LOT worse, especially for those spectators.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Dang I feel bad for the car and the driver. However, I can't stop laughing at the fat integra girl trying to run. I bet he would've picked up an extra 3/10th's of a second without her.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The CSCS events are not sanctioned TT's by the CASC-ON or anyone for that matter.

What you see in the video isn't really a race, just a fun run/ lapping day at a Car Show put on by the CSCS. There aren't really any safety rules or Regs. I can't really explain the bail of hay being there but i suspect it was for the Motorcycles, not on track at the time. In the sanctioned event with CASC they are not allowed, nor is anything but pylons.

updates: the car is an Original 93 Subaru WRX from japan, he was driving in a "novice" open lapping sessions, it was the owners brother who was driving the car and he is ok, his bro was supposed to just put on a skid plate over the weekend but decided to go out... the car was scrapped

Last edited by kwlevo; Jun 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

was watching this in person, dont know why or how he even came that close to the wall, he was also holding up all the cars behind,, I felt really bad for this guy!! wouldnt wish this on anyone, and it sucks that his bro prob killed him after finding this out!