Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Subaru Crashes at CSCS Time Trial Event

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru Crashes at CSCS Time Trial Event

We can all learn from this incident. I dont know how this event was operated, or what safety measures were in place, but it appears as though just about everything that were taught to not do was done at this event. Everything from the drivers, to the spectators. Not sure why the organization, let alone the track, would allow all those people to stand there. Im guessing that theres a wall there for a reason. Cant really blame the spectators because they obviously dont have any experience, so they dont know any better. But you would hope that the organization and track should know better than to allow a bunch of people who probably dont have any experience to practically camp out on that wall.

- Article

Video
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no helmets, hope that guy at least put his seatbelt on for petes sake.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:09 AM

Is it just me or does the subi look RHD? And why would you put a hay bail there anyway...seems stupid to me...
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

^^^yea you're right. He probably wouldnt have crashed it it wasnt there. Maybe just grazed the wall worst case.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow so 1.) it is a JDM WRX, so thats a shame, but 2.) it was borrowed while the owner was on vacation? Ouch.

and +1 why is there a hay bail there.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like it was a helmet optional event? Where was the track safety crew at? Looks like a very poorly planned and executed event.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

wow, there are so many things wrong with what just happened. there is no reason for that hay bail there in the first place. that being said, during practice runs the drivers should have been made aware of its existence, and hopefully someone coulda asked WTF its doing there.

some drivers wearing helmets, so apparently werent? im hoping they took them off in the integra, but that woulda been pretty fast. and had that subie been another 2 feet to the left, those guys standing there wouldnt be alive and well.

poor all around performance and apparently unsafe event. all sides have 2 stories but obviously a couple things wrong there. hope everyone was okay
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of bad - yep.

We had a guy in our TT group this weekend who did about everything wrong too. And eventually got demoted!

- Session #1 (practice) -> went 4 off; way off; on the 1st hot lap. Not only that, he nearly rearended me as he was flying into a turn and I looked back and seen tire smoke. Luckily he navigated it back to the track safely.
- Session #2 - went 4 off.
- Session #3 - went 4 off. Took his helmet off while the session was still hot. Then got out of the car!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Ya stupid all around. Love how the chic ridding shotgun in the integra just gets out in the middle of the track and waddles over like she's on a highway and can do something. May make sense to get out somewhere else if there is NO safety crew, but still. Either these are very trusting or very clueless people.....ya i'm going with clueless.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by boomn29
Lots of bad - yep.

We had a guy in our TT group this weekend who did about everything wrong too. And eventually got demoted!

- Session #1 (practice) -> went 4 off; way off; on the 1st hot lap. Not only that, he nearly rearended me as he was flying into a turn and I looked back and seen tire smoke. Luckily he navigated it back to the track safely.
- Session #3 - went 4 off. Took his helmet off while the session was still hot. Then got out of the car!
Damn, perma FNG.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

This couldn't have been organized well. The events I've run in have helmets obviously required. pants and long sleeves, no passengers unless its an instructor, and no running out on the track!

Crazy
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
Lots of bad - yep.

obviously it was the car causing all the off's... not the driver.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Might have been something like parade laps during lunch time where helmets are not required and passengers are allowed and course workers are at lunch. Its usually low speed behind a pace car. Don't know why the spectators were allowed to be that close to the track.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i dont know what is wrong in this picture, crash never looks good.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor

At least we got to hear the blow off valve before it flipped over.

Quick Reply: Subaru Crashes at CSCS Time Trial Event