Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Launch Control RPM? original/stock clutch

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is set at 6k and builds up to 18 psi. It spins just a bit if I don't modulate it very well. Add to that I'm at over 4k in elevation and 5.5k sounds like a good place to set it at sea-level.

Stock clutch will probably last the weekend with that many co-drivers, but not much longer. Let us know how it went!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Rather than simply listing RPM it might be nice to know what the launch timing map looks like. The default V7 launch map could probably use a little TLC to assist with the launch.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
well, we survived... sort of. We started off in the morning heats by not using the two step, co-driver had a really bad start on her first run and got it good and stinky so she backed off for the rest. I did two "non" launches and two luanches with it set at 5250RPM... I guess I let the clutch out slightly too slow on the first atttempt and it slipped madly, got off and back on the gas and it still slipped all the way into second... :/ 1 minute later (for the left side launch) I tried again and thought it went well but as the RPMs increased my speed did not, so much... yeah, not good. We decided to abandon launching for the rest of the day since we had a championship event the next day (with 4 drivers) and prefered the car to function for that, lol.

I did however sneak one more launch in on my last and final run, clutch held and the car took off like like mad, pretty frickin amazing really... miffed the shift into 2nd slightly though, that pissed me off. I wanted the chance to give it a fair shot, when it wasn't overheated and it seemed to hold just fine... tough environment to learn in though, sucks getting it wrong for sure. That last run earned me top PAX overall for that side, can't be sore about that

NWR-SCCA Packwood Regional Pro #2