Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

NASA midwest trans month!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NASA midwest trans month!

Just wanted to make a quick post with a few updates on the evo and recent transmission destruction.....

At BIR a few weeks back I had just shifted into 4th gear, around the time it spiked boost..... 4th gear was gone. I pulled off the track, realized what happened, then got back out and limped it into the paddock. Now it was time to sit down and do some research as to where I should take it. Trans rebuilding to me, seems like a big job and one that I would not take to just any shop. The obvious decision was Shep, but I really wanted to keep it local. Nathan (Boomn29) was in the process of research as well, and we both landed on the same shop to do the work which was Boostin Performance in Addison IL.

I just picked the car up and it shifts great! I will have pics up shortly of the damaged pieces, but there was absolutely no teeth left on 4th gear. Thanks again to Devin and Boostin Performance for his great work! A few pics below, not only did Boomn29 and I decide on the same shop, we basically brought them there the same week.....

Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, nice pics!

And before anyone asks, my wing is purposely placed in the trunk! I de-wing it for transport as I have an open trailer.

But yeah; just like Hamflex said - we ended up at the same shop. Whereas he went to Boostin out of transmission necessity; I went there for early prevention. If you've read any of my event review threads this year, I've mentioned the car started grinding into 5th gear. Just lightly; but it's there. So, not wanting to get stuck at some event and/or cause worse damage.

My parts are currently on order...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 01:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for the review Ryan, and for giving us the opportunity to address your trans needs. We're happy to hear that you're loving the trans and can't wait to hear how your next event goes. So keep us updated!!

Nathan, your trans is together and being installed as I type. Devin will contact you tomorrow with all the final details

Thanks again guys for letting Boostin Performance take care of your trans needs. Let us know what else we can do to help with your rides.

Kristin
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right on!

I know Ryan picked up his car already. And I buzzed up to Chicago to get mine Friday after work. Nothing like a 7hr turn-around trip on a Friday night to cap off about a 60hr workweek. I was (and am) a bit exhausted...

I believe both Ryan and I will be thoroughly testing out the refreshed trannies in a couple weeks at the next NASA MW event. July 9-10th at Autobahn!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
We'll be patiently waiting for the results!