Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

JBM representing the ONLY Evo in this years XGAMES

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveK
Looks like you've made some "non stage rally" modifications to the car (3rd pic in first post looks like maybe you're using tear-off rear quarter panels?).

Able to share what you've done and what sort of weight savings you've found? I know of another Evo that would love to be out there mixing it up!

Edit: looked at the pics closer and you've done exactly what I was thinking of doing - 2 door Evo with rear doors integrated into the quarter panels. LOL Now I'm really curious what sort of weight you've saved.

Dave
There is nothing on the car that makes it non stage legal, its just composite body panels, which is the same as what Blocks fiesta was last year. The weight saving were good, as you can imagine with deleting two doors and two full quarter panels. Our cars have to be a minimum of 2900lbs, so there wasnt much point of doing any more weight savings(especially when we are already adding ballast). The main reason we changed to one piece rears was due to the fact that they can be replaced in between heats.

If there is any interest, I can make some more quarter panels
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Best of luck! I'll be pulling for you!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool.. I'll be cheering for ya..
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

A little over a week away and things are starting to come together. Most notably being the help from BFGoodrich and Extreme-Tuners. If you aren't familiar with Extreme-Tuners from Greece, I highly suggest you check out this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...2007-a-40.html. They have some of the nicest product ever created for the evo, I cant wait to see what improvements their camshafts will make
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the sponsorship, that shop in Greece is awesome! Good to see one Evo out there, you've got my cheers!

good luck, tire side down!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Joseph we watching you!!! LOL

go and show it to them ! Good luck man , the car look sick!

ps: we need a picture from a new scheme on the car
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

I'll be watching this weekend! Glad to see an Evo in the mix!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

After his first race I was like .....then the second race I was like

Good driving though looks like that ford had a little more power

Last edited by Mark14; Jul 30, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

XGAMES RECAP:

Finally back from XGAMES and boy was it a long week. We arrived on Tuesday night wiht the plans of taking to a dyno for some last minute tuning/changes on Wednesday morning. Wednesday morning arrived and we went to a local shop to use their DynaPak Dyno. The Dyno ended up malfunctioning for most of the day and would abruptly stop the car mid way through a pull. We took the car to another local shop and once we got a clean pull on the Dyno, we realized the previous, abrupt stops had done some serious damage to the timing belt. In our first clean pull at the new shop, the timing belt streched/broke/jumped timing and manged to completely destroy our new Head, Block, and pistons. No fault to either shop, its just how some things happen.

Lucky for us, we would have all day Thursday to put our replacement engine in and bring the car to Road Race Engineering for another late night dyno session. Huge thanks to Road Race Engineering, XGAMES would not have been possible without them(see later on).

Friday would be jump practice, none of the teams would have any problems with the jump all weekend.

Saturday morning was qualifying for Saturday's event. I ended up qualifying 4th fastest, only one tenth behind SRTUSA's David Higgins, 3 tenths behind Marcus Gronholm, and 6 tenths behind Tanner Foust(these times are from memory but they are very close to actual). I would be paired against Conley in the first round and took a rather decisive win against him. The 2nd round I would meet the eventual XGAMES Gold Medalist, Liam Doran in the Citroen. It was a decently close race until I stalled the car under braking after the jump. After a few seconds of getting the car restarted, I realized my Saturday's event was pretty much over. As you could see by the TV broadcast, the Citroen was the fastest car all weekend. Our time was good enough for us to finish 5th overall and the first privateer team by a good bit. Overall a successful day for a team that is competing against some of the fastest cars in the "rallycross world"

On Saturday night, we discovered a problem with our fuel and had to switch it which meant another late night dyno session at Road Race Engineering. The guys there were awesome and I cant thank them enough

Sunday's event was considered NASCAR on steroids. The winners of each heat race would move directly to the finals. We finished 3rd in our first heat, Liam Doran took the win. In the second heat, I took the lead into the first corner against Pastrana, and then leaving the gravel section I clipped the wall and knocked the alignement way off. Still not exactly sure what happened in the corner, whether I got a little "help" into the wall, or was just a tiny bit off line. Either way, Adam and the team did a fantastic job getting all the suspension arms replaced in the right rear, tires changed, and the alignment closer to normal in under 8 minutes. The last heat of the day was the Last Chance Qualifier. Rhys Millen in the Hyundai Veloster would take the lead into the first corner and hold it for the rest of the race. I think if we had the alignment a bit closer, we would have given him big problems. We almost made it into the finals because Rhys could not get his car to start after filling it with fuel. SO close!

Either way, it was a successful weekend for our Privateer team. It wouldn't be right not to thank a few people that made it possible.... So a HUGE thanks to BFGoodrich Tires, Mishimoto, EXEDY, Atlanta Activewear, Road Race Engineering, Extreme-Tuners, and of course my crew guys(especially ADAM) who worked their hands off all weekend to fix the problems that kept occurring.

Sorry for the long post, but this is actually the short version by cutting out some of the weeks small problems.

Hopefully we'll have some good news in the off season and we'll be able to put the lonely Evo on top of the podium next year. Thanks for the support
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats again JB!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Congrats Joseph !
Old Aug 8, 2011, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, I watched Day 2 (Sat) that I had on the DVR. Your car looked pretty fierce that day like you mentioned. Nice going!!!! (before the issues).
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Ya good job, and very valiant effort, but i don't see how anybody could beat any of the factory backed cars, but you still did great considering GJ

Originally Posted by Balrok
Nasty hit it took, Roll Cage FTW (coughs his TT buddies names up).
^^^This

Last edited by Ev0_J0e; Aug 8, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:08 PM
Balls of Steel

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats on a good effort and thanks for the more detailed write-up! Glad to see some Evos kicking ***.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

jeeeeez, what a bummer that timing belt skipped a beat! damn!

but good job, I would love to drive my evo like that!