Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2011 NASA nationals at Midohio.....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here, the power company's are hiring electricians to help restore power on peoples houses. All done with work. Now it's time to go racing! Looking at the forecast I may be buying a new set of rains this week. Not sure what car Whit is bringing. I'm glad he decided to run ST-2 instead of ST-1. Better competition and still real fast! I noticed Ryan Winchester's Boss 302 (who won at Mid Ohio last month) is not registered now.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Whit's running some HKS turbo on e85 now for ST-2. He had to choke the thing out up top though to stay ST-2 legal. He also changed his spoiler to something milder since he doesn't have 23092309 hp to overcome all the drag anymore.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apex electric
Same here, the power company's are hiring electricians to help restore power on peoples houses. All done with work. Now it's time to go racing! Looking at the forecast I may be buying a new set of rains this week. Not sure what car Whit is bringing. I'm glad he decided to run ST-2 instead of ST-1. Better competition and still real fast! I noticed Ryan Winchester's Boss 302 (who won at Mid Ohio last month) is not registered now.
Did you see that Ryan winchester got caught cheating at the last midohio event. He was running the hoosier non dot slicks and never turned in an updated class form. Which also means he probably didn't knock down his power to weight ratio to make those equal.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Don't know why Ryan should cheat in the new Boss 302R. Chris Desalvo was real fast in his 302R so the cars are very capable. Chris passed me and I could not catch him after.

Last edited by apex electric; Sep 5, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here, the power company's are hiring electricians to help restore power on peoples houses. All done with work. Now it's time to go racing! Looking at the forecast I may be buying a new set of rains this week......
I know. I just looked at the updated forecast. At least a 40% chance everyday...
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Don't know why Ryan should cheat in the new Boss 302R. Chris Desalvo was real fast in his 302R so the cars are very capable. Chris passed me and I could not catch him after.
well ryan's mustang is not a boss 302r. That is the mustang he has had for he past few years. And if im not mistaken Chris's evo is a leased race car through rehagen racing..
Old Sep 6, 2011, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Been to Rehagen down by Detroit. Real nice guys and a good looking operation. They seem to know what's what with the Mustang chassis. . .
Old Sep 7, 2011, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

So Jarrod and I have some kick-*** parking spots, basically in the front row! There's 3 asphalt lots at Mid Ohio. We'll stage/grid in the lower. The tire guys and most of the semi rigs ALONG WITH US will be in the Middle. Then the Upper is the closest to the grass area.

Below is a chart. At the bottom would be the Lower paddock. We should actually have some shade with a tree line and easy access to most everything. Stop by, say Hi, trade some , etc.

The map below is the parking assignments for the Middle lot. I've got 3 down in the far right. I'm sub-letting to Jarrod (EVOlutionary) and my buddy David with a red TTC S2000.

Old Sep 7, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Nice, if you get time snap pics of the pits like they did for the world TA.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Nice, if you get time snap pics of the pits like they did for the world TA.
I'll have time. Usually at MW events we get 10 sessions in 2 days. For Nats we get just 9 sessions scattered over 4 days.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

So any time in those 9 sessions count for the Championship? That is alot of chances to get a good lap. I wouldv'e thought you guys had 1 session for the championship. Or one day of sessions.

Good luck guys!

Last edited by jerdeitzel; Sep 7, 2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Made it to Mid Ohio! Upper parking area row B23-25. Hope it rains all 3 days! Bumming out that Peter Mclntosh ST-2 corvette crashed hard at Pocono and will not make the championship this year. Interested to see what cars make the first ST-2 race tomorrow. If the track is wet in the morning I will have a easy time setting the brake balance. If I get it right I should be ready to beat the corvettes.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Hope it rains? Sheesh. The one thing I didn't consider was Ohio's **** weather. I hope like hell it's dry or I am wasting my time here. Driving in the rain is for mud and ATV's.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
So any time in those 9 sessions count for the Championship? That is alot of chances to get a good lap. I wouldv'e thought you guys had 1 session for the championship. Or one day of sessions.

Good luck guys!
Correct.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Bumming out that Peter Mclntosh ST-2 corvette crashed hard at Pocono and will not make the championship this year.
That stinks...Pete and his Dad are good people..

Quick Reply: 2011 NASA nationals at Midohio.....