Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

NJMP August 5-7th NASA NE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NJMP August 5-7th NASA NE

EFI Logics is heading out to Lightning next weekend and will have several cars in the line up, including the Evo X. Please let me know if you are around. It should be a great event. Stop by the EFI tent and introduce yourself.

Additionally, Robert Fuller from RobiSpec (Robi himself) will be at the track and is available for car set up and alignment. He's scheduled to do some work on the Evo, dialing in his new racing coilover but has indicated he'll have some time for camber and toe, maybe even an alignment. If you are interested PM me and we can set it up. It's not too often that you can get this kind of trackside support.

See you there!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be there racing with GTA I will stop by and say hello. How do you set up your evo x for the track. I am now trailering the car to the track so i can get aggressive with the set up. I have lots of understeer
Old Aug 1, 2011, 09:01 AM

i will be out there
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
ill be there running hpde sat and sun
Old Aug 2, 2011, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gobigny
I will be there racing with GTA I will stop by and say hello. How do you set up your evo x for the track. I am now trailering the car to the track so i can get aggressive with the set up. I have lots of understeer
I'm set more neutrally as I want to get back to power as quickly as possible. That's just me though.

For GTA are you running Limited AWD or something else? Are you also running TTS with NASA NE? You should and, essentially, you have already paid for it... I was/ am considering GTA though the tire restriction is problematic.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 03:10 AM
Evolved Member

Great to see some others will get there. Stop by, you'll see two EFI Logics trailers and the tent so we should be pretty easy to spot.

If you can, run TT with NASA NE as well. Let me know if you want some details.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not going, but I looked up the schedule to see how GTA runs with NASA (there's a GTA/NASA event at Autobahn in Sept).

Looks like GTA has 4 20min sessions. And the TT group has 4 separate 20min sessions.
Then they run 4 separate HPDE groups and 2 racegroups. Running 8-6:30pm which is a big day for the workers!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 09:58 AM

In the NE, TT runs w/HPDE 4 and instructors. Which stinks (traffic, slow cars). John got stuck behind something like a Saab 9000 at Pocono. Instructor. No point by!
Last time at NJMP, there was a BMW 5 series wagon out there.
Hopefully we can convert some instructors to TT'ers to get our own run group.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

I remember how sparse the NASA-NE Time Trials field was at Watkins Glen last fall; was surprised.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bnjmn
In the NE, TT runs w/HPDE 4 and instructors. Which stinks (traffic, slow cars). John got stuck behind something like a Saab 9000 at Pocono. Instructor. No point by!
Last time at NJMP, there was a BMW 5 series wagon out there.
Hopefully we can convert some instructors to TT'ers to get our own run group.
Wow, that does blow. Even with a combined 4/TT/Instructors you need a point-by? Hell, even HPDE3 has open passing on the straights around here I think.

In July at Mid-Ohio for a GL event, we had 56 in TT. Some were turned away!
For the Aug Mid-Ohio MW/GL crossover I think we're getting 2 rungroups of TT'ers. We asked for it; saying we'll take less sessions than our usual 5 if we can get more open track. For the Aug event there's 60+ already listed...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

At least they are now lining us up separately. Until we have a dedicated session it will be something of a dance. I try to wait for a PB, I really do, promise. I'm almost positive I saw you PB. Anyway, the TT groups are getting better and bigger. Contingency is good and sponsorships really help. So, it is a matter of time. GTA is an interesting program but doesn't really have HP limits, though limits on the stickiness of tires. I may try to run around with them too, if I can dig up a set of street tires for the car...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 08:40 PM

I'll be at Mid-O in Aug. Huge entry list...wonder why!!
In the NE, there are zero crossovers from st-1/st-2/gts-x etc. Not sure why, but it definitely hurts the numbers.
Point bys are effectively optional among the regulars, but the problem is you get stuck with a bunch of unknowns among the 4s and instructors.

The latest grid moves and slow starts helps a ton - first event of the year I got in maybe 4 clean laps all weekend. The changes guaranteed at least a couple clean laps per session.

And we get four sessions - MW gets 5 per day??

When are they posting the Aug Mid-O schedule?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bnjmn
When are they posting the Aug Mid-O schedule?
Should be up some time early next week after registration closes this upcoming Sunday
Old Aug 3, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

I sure want to go to Mid Ohio but am daunted by the time and expense. Garage and Parking fees, etc. I wish there were an easier way to get there.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Johnr352
I sure want to go to Mid Ohio but am daunted by the time and expense. Garage and Parking fees, etc. I wish there were an easier way to get there.
Garages are optional - and usually sell out quick. Parking is free, although you'll probably be in the grass (not paved) unless you're there by Friday late afternoon. And hell, you can camp in the grass and/or sleep in your vehicle to cut expenses!

Fun track...

Quick Reply: NJMP August 5-7th NASA NE