Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

EVOs embarrased at X-Games...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
by the way we try to promote rally as much as we can, so here is one write up in my website about rally and grupe B

http://harracingusa.com/?page_id=186

and for a small sentence it is works, all my friend who read it thinks differently today about racing
Skimmed through the page. In the "famous drivers" list how do you not have Juha Kankkunen (sp), Carlos Sainz and Didier Auriol?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
Skimmed through the page. In the "famous drivers" list how do you not have Juha Kankkunen (sp), Carlos Sainz and Didier Auriol?
because we got tired after a while about searching. Some name stayed out and more than those guys. Besides everybody knows them , right?
But thanks for looking

Here i am standing with Didier Auriol spare skid plate from rally WRC Argentina ,
for a Toyota Celica. I was happy as hell when i was holding it, i dare to say,even happier then when i am touching a women breast.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 6, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the only thing that was disappointing was the power difference in the cars. Which coupled with a short course with less creativity than my 4 year old could come up with. Driving skill was not nearly as much of a factor as was having a faster car.

I feel for you Joesph. You put up a good fight against some world class drivers. Drove your heart out but it was obvious the cars were just not evenly matched. Good luck either way!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

There was more into then only cars, called experience. I think Joseph did unbelivable great. But I do not think honestly everyone thinks. He would beat like. Higgins or Gronholm. Be realistic , if all these guys would have a same exact car wouldn't help against those top 3 anyway.
I do think Joseph would agree with me on that.
Rob
Old Aug 7, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

I disagree. It was obvious when Joe ran against Liam that he could basically hang in the corners but would get left standing still in the straights. Driving skill will only take you so far.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
I disagree. It was obvious when Joe ran against Liam that he could basically hang in the corners but would get left standing still in the straights. Driving skill will only take you so far.
Thanks for the advise, I wasn't awere of this before.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Thanks for the advise, I wasn't awere of this before.
Lol, glad I could help!

Either way, always happy to see Evos racing!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joeekrub
My name is Joseph Burke and I am the driver of the "Road Side Rubble" that you are referring to....
I know who you are and I applaud your efforts. I really do. I respect your efforts and the tenacity with which you and your compatriots attack the Rally Cross programs with everything you have.

So I will keep this short and sweet....

Run your BEST lap in the EVO. Then run a competitive lap in the Ford. Which do you think would turn a better lap?

If you did this exercise 10 times, would the results change?

Another poster put it best, skill only gets you so far. At some point, the equipment has to step up as well. And let's face it, Mitsubishi isn't getting behind us. The factory efforts of the big teams show just how much of a difference that makes.

Scott
Old Aug 9, 2011, 05:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Xgames isn't rally, it is really just Xgames. It is a mix of rallycross and marketing, witch brings rally cars into the public eye. In the states Xgames is one of the very few things that brings the motorsport we love to the masses.

After Spending the entire Xgames weekend in the pits, at the start line, or at the final turn, i got a chance to see things from a slightly different prospective.

Joesph was far and away the fastest looking private backed car. At the corner i spent most of my time at during the weekend the evo was taking the car 3rd fastest behind Marcus and Higgins (pretty damn good company)

DVW in the other evo had the farthest thing from a rallycross car. After bringing a different car across the country issues arose and he was forced to find another car at the last second. Enter the evo, It was a stage car pure and simple, stock turbo, cams, motor, maf, and diffs. For being so far down on power compared to Van Way did very well, also keep in mind that he isn't used to racing an awd car, as is background is in 2wd rally and motorcross.

I spent my weekend working for Subaru, seeing exactly how much money was being spend on those cars and what was put forth that weekend, same story for the Fords. Those 6 cars are built just for this event. These are not stage cars converted to rallycross cars. They have been built for rallycross from the chassis up, nothing has been spared. With Mitsubishi's ceo outlawing the word motorsports, i wouldn't expect to ever seen that kind of backing for a mitsu in the stages.

I walked away from the event with a great sense of pride as a Mitsubishi guy, Seeing Burke put the fear in many of the big money teams was awesome!

And Scott if you did you best lap in a Ford and an Evo and you spend the same amount on each car i think the evo would walk the Ford up to about 80k
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing

I walked away from the event with a great sense of pride as a Mitsubishi guy, Seeing Burke put the fear in many of the big money teams was awesome!
That is awesome. Thanks for that input. Perspective is always a good thing. I just wish that same perspective was being displayed to the fans both local and televised.

And Scott if you did you best lap in a Ford and an Evo and you spend the same amount on each car i think the evo would walk the Ford up to about 80k
That is exactly the point, as you said: "spend the same amount on each"

But we are not comparing apples to apples here. That is my lament. Mitsubishi... where are you? sniff....

Scott