Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supposedly they're (Touge) moving to Wheeling sometime in the near future. They move around a lot...

Yes an SA2010 would be the best, it'll pass inspection pretty much anywhere. Some play it risky by just having a motorcycle helmet and that's not good enough at many of the places I've been to. Drag racing? Yeah they don't give a flyin F, but road courses tend to be a little more strict as far as track rules go.

I bought an SA2005 because the 2010's were not due until the end of the season and I wanted to race right then and there. Unfortunate...

As for the date, this is Memorial Day weekend and Gingerman is actually rented out the following Saturday and Sunday to a group called Auto Interests. They're an excellent HPDE group and the SAT+SUN combo is only $260!!! Otherwise each day individually is about $160 I believe. If this track is far, make the best of it and go the ENTIRE WEEKEND! You'd know the track inside and out by the end of day 3, and with some kind of lap timer phone app, you can track your progress as you learn your car, the track, and then eat away at braking and tire performance

I strongly recommend pads and fluid, but I did just fine on stock pads for a few events. I did not risk a single track day on the OEM fluid, I hear it boils easily.

I will have 3 bottles of Motul RBF600 for the first people who want a flush. Will have a great tech on hand that has flushed brakes and swapped pads billions of times before (he did the tech duty at AMS's last track day, swapping pads and bleeding brakes for folks). Sooo if you want a flush at a good price, it'll be available. To be on the safe side you can bring your own brake fluid (SRF, RBF-660, RBF-600, etc)

Oh and one more thing: BUMP!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Old Mar 9, 2012, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Added two videos of the track's racing line on page 1
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Bump! Sign up! Lots of Evos!

I think we have about 10 currently, hoping to get 30. Still 2 months away, but only a little over a month to go for the early bird pricing!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I'm a bit of a newbie to the Evo and to HPDE. I have a 2011 GSR and wanted to know if this event was open to beginners? As in no formal driving experience. And if so can you use a car that is 100% stock?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kparsons80
Hey, I'm a bit of a newbie to the Evo and to HPDE. I have a 2011 GSR and wanted to know if this event was open to beginners? As in no formal driving experience. And if so can you use a car that is 100% stock?
Yes, you are invited. We will run in 3 groups, beginner (novice), intermediate and advanced. If a particular group is crowded and a select few express interest in moving to the next group up (ie: guy has done several lapping days but new to this track, is always being held up by more inexperienced guys, he may get bumped to intermediate to accommodate enjoyment by all groups).

You will be informed of all the rules and some of us who've been around the block a bit will be more than happy to give you a ride then ride with you.

It can be nerve-racking, but it's meant to learn the car, learn the track, and most importantly, have fun.

You'll always have those out there looking to prove something to somebody for some odd reason, but we'll make sure those being aggressive enough to receive warnings from the track staff (there's staff at many of the major corners) we will talk with those individuals and assess how the rest of their day will look. We reserve the right to pull anybody off the track for reckless behavior, and we will certainly talk with those who just don't understand passing zones or pointing others by as common track etiquette and courtesy.

As for your car, it is ready to rip up the track in stock form. The only exception may be the brakes department and tranny for those MR guys. My first track day in the Evo I was nearly stock, but I made sure I had a fresh flush of Motul RBF600 at the beginning of the season for extra insurance.

Your stock tires (Advan A13c or whatever the heck they're called) are very much track worthy.

Any other questions feel free to ask! Hope that clarified everything for ya. As I said there's a driver's meeting at the beginning of the day to go over the rules and give you an idea of what's going on out there. Passing zones are limited for beginners, less limited for intermediate, and maaaaybe even less for advanced, we'll see.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Bump to spark interest!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:56 AM

Signed Up!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome, thanks!

If anybody wants to e-Introduce themselves, please send me a PM so I know who I'm talking to when we meet up. I'm horrible with names.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:02 PM

Ooh, Touge Factory to Wheeling? It'll be nice to have them closer again. When they were in Northbrook, they were literally 5 minutes from my house.

I'm going to see if I can get my car ready for this! Not an EVO (sorry), but I've been wanting to run Gingerman for years, and this is such a great price!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Good stuff, you are more than welcome and definitely invited. The price will jump in 1 month from now, so you have plenty of time... but don't procrastinate!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Good stuff, you are more than welcome and definitely invited. The price will jump in 1 month from now, so you have plenty of time... but don't procrastinate!
I wanted to run with Wangfest on Memorial Day Monday, but couldn't get off. I have this day off, so it's perfect!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

See you there! Sign up before April 25th! $20 is gas money brah.

What will you be driving?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Any questions?

Bump for more signups!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 03:35 PM

nvmd I'm going to be at Autobahn already. Sounds fun though.

Last edited by arireyes; Apr 1, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza