Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I just saw this event, I'm definitely going to sign up. You should post this up on MIevo.com also.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by auright808
Hey, I just saw this event, I'm definitely going to sign up. You should post this up on MIevo.com also.
Never heard of MIevo, I'll hop on over, thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm... registered there, tried to make a thread for this and it returned some error message. It also doesn't seem like they get much traffic over there even though you're right, it is ideally a great place to advertise such an event.

If you want to direct what few active members over there might be into racing on over here for this event, by all means be my guest and it would be very much appreciated.

It's looking like this event will be ~50-75% Evos (8-10) and a mix of various other cars from Corvette to Hyundai Veloster to 350Z.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, I'm reading a lot of this one even though I already know about most everything it covers. The way they explain things is extremely efficient and easy to grasp.

Gonna keep reading it until my eyes bleed, then I'll bookmark it to do all over again
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

I've been to more than one event full of young guys with fast cars and all we did for a good part of the day was wait in the pits while the carnage was cleared from the track. Not my idea of a fun day and I know for a fact the guys that F'd their cars up didn't have any fun either.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
I've been to more than one event full of young guys with fast cars and all we did for a good part of the day was wait in the pits while the carnage was cleared from the track. Not my idea of a fun day and I know for a fact the guys that F'd their cars up didn't have any fun either.
Wrecks do suck. In case you missed my point, I was saying how GOOD of a read that is.

As for this event, I'll likely be among the younger guys there and I'm 27.

Oh and they're very safety focused at Gingerman, I've seen them pull people in for a car going four wheels off in a bad way, but did no damage to the car. This is why I emphasize how safe of a track this is and how large run-offs can compensate for over-driving your own skill.

We will emphasize over and over again that nobody wants to wreck and that there are no talent scouts from Formula 1 out there to seek out prospective drivers
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Hmmm... registered there, tried to make a thread for this and it returned some error message. It also doesn't seem like they get much traffic over there even though you're right, it is ideally a great place to advertise such an event.

If you want to direct what few active members over there might be into racing on over here for this event, by all means be my guest and it would be very much appreciated.

It's looking like this event will be ~50-75% Evos (8-10) and a mix of various other cars from Corvette to Hyundai Veloster to 350Z.
I'll create a thread there later tonight.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:30 PM

Posted it up on MIevo.net : http://www.mievo.net/talk/showthread...7753#post37753

I know there are a few guys who will sign up now that they know about it.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome, appreciate it. Just recently got the "account validated" email from miEvo, so I guess that's what I was waiting on in order to be able to post. I'll keep my eye on that thread.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:03 AM

Currently debating if I wanna hit Gingerman or the Autobahn ...

anyone one traveling as a group to Gingerman?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Im coming from tinley park area, so hopefully i can meet up with a few people to ride together.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:36 AM

I'm down for a group cruise. I'll be coming from Des Plaines.

I'm also assuming this is for a Friday morning cruise. Which means that between the 9am official start, wanting to be there around 2 hours prior to that, and the 2.5hr drive, we would have to leave very early. Also, does anyone know if the time changes by an hour in South Haven? If so, that would not work to our favour either. We're talking a possible 4am roll out :-(
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by BADABING
I'm down for a group cruise. I'll be coming from Des Plaines.

I'm also assuming this is for a Friday morning cruise. Which means that between the 9am official start, wanting to be there around 2 hours prior to that, and the 2.5hr drive, we would have to leave very early. Also, does anyone know if the time changes by an hour in South Haven? If so, that would not work to our favour either. We're talking a possible 4am roll out :-(
Yeah ,they are an hour ahead.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Get there at 8 and you'll be just fine.

I left at 4:45am last time I did that early morning madness, got there at like 7:30 their time. Bedded my brake pads on the local country roads, pulled in to Gingerman at ~7:45. This was coming from Wheeling, IL and passing through Chicago. I actually met someone with a stripped out red Integra on the way and we kinda cruised together the entire way and I introduced myself when we got there

As for me, I'll be at a Bed & Breakfast by the lake in South Haven on Thursday, so my drive on Friday morning will be ~10 minutes.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:03 AM

Anyone coming from the Detroit area? Also, anyone have any interest in splitting a room for Thursday or Friday night?

Quick Reply: Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza