Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm... I only went to this track once before... I can't remember how bad the brakes were. I want to say there's only two big straights and one of them has a small hill that encourages very early braking so it ends up not being too tough there, then the other straight is a legit straight.

All in all, I'd say this is a track easy on brakes and tough on tires. You should be fine, as long as you got some fresh, good fluid in there.

I did a few track days on stock brake pads when the car was still pretty new, so you should be fine. I never did a single track day without Motul RBF600 though. Always a fresh flush at the beginning of every season.

Hope that vibration issue gets sorted out quick!
Old May 2, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
Hmmm... I only went to this track once before... I can't remember how bad the brakes were. I want to say there's only two big straights and one of them has a small hill that encourages very early braking so it ends up not being too tough there, then the other straight is a legit straight.

All in all, I'd say this is a track easy on brakes and tough on tires. You should be fine, as long as you got some fresh, good fluid in there.

I did a few track days on stock brake pads when the car was still pretty new, so you should be fine. I never did a single track day without Motul RBF600 though. Always a fresh flush at the beginning of every season.

Hope that vibration issue gets sorted out quick!
i should be ok then. just need to figure out this "axle?" vibration issue
Old May 2, 2012, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there anyone else thats leaving out on Thursday evening, that wants to cruise with a few of us?

Last edited by starkx2; May 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old May 2, 2012, 02:24 PM

A friend of mine just signed up, he drives a M3. Also, any updates for the total number of participants so far?
Old May 3, 2012, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

We're just over 30 total participants, maybe 32 or so.

There are two experienced instructors dedicated to instructor duty for sure, and several people with good track experience who wouldn't mind riding along with anybody who requests it.

There is one tech on hand, Eric Jones from AMS, who is out there for brake pads and brake fluids if you need it.

Swapping pads will run $50, brake bleed will also be $50 + cost of fluid, I will have 3 brand new bottles of Motul RBF600 on sale for anybody who needs it last minute, otherwise please bring your own pads and fluids. Once those three bottles are gone, you'd be SOL And if nobody needs the fluid, I'm more than happy to take it home with me for my next flush

The two instructors and tech Eric Jones will also be there to have some fun too, so give them a little time every now and then to go lapping their cars and enjoy the day
Old May 3, 2012, 12:11 PM

oh man - just saw this thread - sounds exciting and fun! Thanks for posting this - I should've seen it earlier. Will try to make it just to see if not to race, since I have a NASA event on the following weekend at Grattan - the wife may not allow 2 consecutive track events.

Having said that - I wish I could race on a Monday - how do working folks manage that referring to :
Originally Posted by EVOizmm
thats a good deal. Gingerman is a great track. I'll be at Blackhawk on that Saturday and Monday. Not sure my car would like 3 days of abuse (and hold up).
And for
Originally Posted by JDavenport
Hmmmm, might do this, long drive. But I never get to track with other Evo's here in NASA-SE.
- if JD makes it, no excuse really for MI Evo drivers
Old May 3, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

^hah, good point.

Come on out! I'm sure the wife won't mind a simple HPDE that's right down the street from you (and by right down the street I mean on the other side of the state)
Old May 6, 2012, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Tad bit over 3 weeks to go! Sign up or risk event filling and sign-up closing!
Old May 6, 2012, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

axle issue fixed
now my question is is it possible to run without a front bumper?
Old May 7, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bnr34rb26dett
now my question is is it possible to run without a front bumper?
lol.... where the hell did you get this car, a destruction derby? Or a Time Attack lap-gone-wrong?

I have a rear bumper from an '08 Evo, maybe we can somehow rig it with enough dremel work to fit on your front? Might have to run to Home Depot to get some chicken wire for the intercooler area.
Old May 7, 2012, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frankiago
lol.... where the hell did you get this car, a destruction derby? Or a Time Attack lap-gone-wrong?

I have a rear bumper from an '08 Evo, maybe we can somehow rig it with enough dremel work to fit on your front? Might have to run to Home Depot to get some chicken wire for the intercooler area.
Lol. I have a volt ex bumper that needs to be painted and fitted. But I might not have the time to get it ready. And my stock bumper is already been sold lol
Old May 7, 2012, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

"Fitted?" Is it a Voltex front bumper tuxedo? Just primer that bish and throw it on!

Paint it when the track day is done. Problem solved!
Old May 8, 2012, 08:51 PM

Does it cost anything to just come out and watch?
Old May 9, 2012, 02:29 PM

It's usually free unless it's a big event like Lemon's.
Old May 9, 2012, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by starkx2
Is there anyone else thats leaving out on Thursday evening, that wants to cruise with a few of us?

So I take it no one is?

Quick Reply: Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza