Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza

EVOpalooza

Gingerman Raceway
Friday, May 25th 2012 - Memorial Day Weekend
$165!

http://evopalooza.eventbrite.com/

High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) at Gingerman Raceway, undoubtedly one of the easiest tracks for a beginner to learn his/her car. Huge run offs mean less wall-kissing!

This is an Evo event, we hope to have 30+ Evos at the track. It is not exclusive but we'd like to fill the spots with all Evos ideally. If it's looking like we can't get 25+ Evos to come out, we'll open registration to all makes and models.

The entrance fee is $145 if you register before April 25th and includes one lunch ticket. The fee after April 25th is $165. You will get at least 2 full hours of car-on-track time, pending malfunctions/crashes/weather. This is a rain or shine event, the only time they shut the track down for rain is if it is accompanied by lightning. Get there at 8:30am! Leave at 5:00pm!

Any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

SA2000 helmet required, will run three groups (novice, intermediate, advanced), currently organizing a group of instructors, (an extremely experienced) tech will be on hand for brake bleeding and pad swapping

Originally Posted by morricus
Hey guys, here are a couple in-car line tutorials of the Gingerman raceway. Great idea to review so you can see the best line around the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcvpr...ure=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSLa...&lf=plpp_video

Thanks to all that have signed up so far, this is going to be a great time. Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza-evopalooza.jpg  

Last edited by Frankiago; Apr 26, 2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: early bird pricing expired
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringing an extra set of tires this time..
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Lmao, I've never seen that **** before. If you magically pull nails from this track... I don't know what to tell you.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah, if I wasn't racing in Texas, I'd come out to this event.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
thats a good deal. Gingerman is a great track. I'll be at Blackhawk on that Saturday and Monday. Not sure my car would like 3 days of abuse (and hold up).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Registration link is up! Enough excuses! Come out to Gingerman on May 25th!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be there, I'll be signing up closer to April though. Can't wait!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:35 PM

ah! looks like a blast.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Would a full face motorcycle helmet work?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hmmmm, might do this, long drive. But I never get to track with other Evo's here in NASA-SE.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PKEVO8
I'll be there, I'll be signing up closer to April though. Can't wait!
Awesome, make sure you get in on it before the price jump! Hope to see you there.
Originally Posted by decathect
ah! looks like a blast.
It is! It will be! Come on out. This is pretty damn cheap (possibly cheaper than you'll find this season) and the track is fun.
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Would a full face motorcycle helmet work?
Originally Posted by Frankiago
SA2000 helmet required
Sorry, no. Motorcycle helmets not allowed because they burst into flames when exposed to an open fire. Car helmets have a flame retardant. SA2010 is ideal, but we'll allow SA2000+
Originally Posted by JDavenport
Hmmmm, might do this, long drive. But I never get to track with other Evo's here in NASA-SE.
Yeah that's the intent, be out there with a bunch of Evos. Hopefully nobody comes with the feeling of needing to prove something
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
Sorry, no. Motorcycle helmets not allowed because they burst into flames when exposed to an open fire. Car helmets have a flame retardant. SA2010 is ideal, but we'll allow SA2000+
That's more of GingerMans rule than other national organizations.

You're not wearing a full fire suit, fire retardant head sock, gloves, socks, and shoes...just having a fire retardant helmet is not going to do much.

Originally Posted by NASA CCR for HPDE
11.3 Required Safety Equipment - Driver
Disclaimer: Conformance to these regulations is the driver‟s responsibility. These regulations do not guarantee or imply that injuries or death will not occur. If there are any questions or problems with these regulations it is the reader‟s responsibility to contact the NASA office, or a NASA official immediately.

All participants should utilize equipment that meets or exceeds these minimum requirements, while driving on track (Note- passenger equipment must meet or exceed these minimum requirements; but do not necessarily have to match the driver‟s equipment):
1. Use a proper fitting helmet that meets Snell 1990 (SA2000; M2000) or newer (or equivalent) standards for cars or motorcycles.
2. The driver and any passenger must utilize modern style* stock seatbelts in very good condition, or a DOT approved restraint system, while operating a vehicle on the track. Restraint system requirements are listed in Section #11.4.8. *Lap belts used without any shoulder restraints are not permitted. Effective May 1, 2011, the only four-point belt systems that are allowed for use in HPDE / TT are 1) those that carry an “FIA B-xxx.T/98 certification, or 2) those that carry a label from the belt manufacturer stating that the belts meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 209 AND that the belts were designated for the specific vehicle (e.g. “For use only in BMW E36 models”). Such label must be easily visible to the NASA inspector. Note- four-point belt sets that have a DOT certification alone are not allowed.
3. Non-synthetic fabric clothing (i.e. cotton). At least footwear, a T-shirt and long pants must be worn. Individual track requirements may be different.
4. No open toed shoes, shorts, or tank tops may be worn in the car while on track.
5. Drivers should wear eye protection such as goggles, safety glasses or face shields preferably made of new impact resistant materials.
6. It is recommended that any corrective eyeglass material used be made of safety glass type that meets U.S. Government standards.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

^ Yeah, I always thought the "SA" helmet requirement was ridiculous.

l8r)
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

I emailed the track and I will get back to you guys on whether or not they will be lax on the rule.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

They normally require SA2005+, but they will allow SA2000+

No motorcycle helmets. The end

Quick Reply: Gingerman - 5-25-12 - EVOpalooza