Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

929 Evo - 2012 Season Updates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright, the Buschur Racing tune.... SCOOTS.

149.87 mph top speed today at Road Atlanta. Ended up with a best lap of 1:34.8 and finished first in my class of TTA. The car scoots; I think I mentioned that.

I've got pics and video to come. People that frequent this boards might be familiar with Mid Ohio with is a pretty crazy track. It freaked me out the first time I went there; which was April 2011. Blind corners, off-camber turns; hills, etc. Road Atlanta is a TON of fun. It is like Mid Ohio; with tighter faster turns, more blind corners and higher speeds.

That's faster than I was in Oct/2011 at Road America. That was on a different tune on a shorter tire though.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by boomn29
Alright, the Buschur Racing tune.... SCOOTS.

149.87 mph top speed today at Road Atlanta. Ended up with a best lap of 1:34.8 and finished first in my class of TTA. The car scoots; I think I mentioned that.

I've got pics and video to come. People that frequent this boards might be familiar with Mid Ohio with is a pretty crazy track. It freaked me out the first time I went there; which was April 2011. Blind corners, off-camber turns; hills, etc. Road Atlanta is a TON of fun. It is like Mid Ohio; with tighter faster turns, more blind corners and higher speeds.

That's faster than I was in Oct/2011 at Road America. That was on a different tune on a shorter tire though.
A 1.5 hr drive from my house. Gateway in St Louis - with NASA Mid-South and Central regions (crossover). Beats the 7.5 hr drive that same weekend to Mid Ohio where I'll bet the weather is a lot colder...
were you at the gateway kick off event today? i'd still love for you to give my car a spin, once the car is back in running condition (turbo blew )
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's flying, almost 150mph. Are you still on the stock calipers, and what pads are you using?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Nate, i think youve done a great job with everything. Good luck with whatever you decide to do this year. And let me know if i can help.

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Now here is my question. How can NASA regulate dyno numbers if all dyno's don't read the same? It sounds like if you follow the rules you just want to find a dyno that reads low? I was planning on hitting up either Fall-line motorsports or Kelly-Moss motorsports for my dyno session in the next few weeks.
One way NASA tries to regulate how much power people are making is GPS. I can tell you that here in Socal, theyve been testing the GPS units for a while. Friends of mine have been tested at our regional races and ive seen their data. The HP numbers the GPS units estimated were really close to the HP they were claiming with their dyno sheets. But i know the GPS results at nationals, when it was at MMP, had some drivers questioning it because the numbers werent accurate in their perspective. For what its worth i can say that in Socal, at least the data ive seen, shows that the GPS units have been pretty accurate. Id say that if someone wants to try and take advantage of the dyno game, thats their call. But one day it may catch up to them.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
were you at the gateway kick off event today? i'd still love for you to give my car a spin, once the car is back in running condition (turbo blew )
No I was not. I was at Road Atlanta this weekend. I will be at Gateway next month with NASA however.

Originally Posted by 18bora
That's flying, almost 150mph. Are you still on the stock calipers, and what pads are you using?
I cleared 150mph on Sunday (yesterday). Stock Brembo's baby. Hawk DTC60 pads is what I use. All my setup info is here: http://boomn29.blogspot.com/p/2012-car-setup.html
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It was great to meet Nate this weekend. And also a great pleasure to watch him so ably pilot his Evo around RA.

I wanted to give you a shout before you left Sunday, but you pulled out pretty early. Hope you had a good trip home.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by JDavenport
It was great to meet Nate this weekend. And also a great pleasure to watch him so ably pilot his Evo around RA.

I wanted to give you a shout before you left Sunday, but you pulled out pretty early. Hope you had a good trip home.
Jim, great to meet you this weekend. Sorry you had a lousy saturday.

Nathan did fantastic for his first outing at RA, it takes a lot of nerve and practice to go fast in about 3-4 spots there, so to run the times he did on his first visit with no practice day, excellent. Especially considering the tire choice.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by drivinhard
Jim, great to meet you this weekend. Sorry you had a lousy saturday.

Nathan did fantastic for his first outing at RA, it takes a lot of nerve and practice to go fast in about 3-4 spots there, so to run the times he did on his first visit with no practice day, excellent. Especially considering the tire choice.
Great to meet you as well! Thanks again for fitting me in for Tech Friday night.

Sunday went better. Talk to Joe and gridded behind him to follow him in the last session, picked up some more time and had a ball. Till he blew a CV joint boot heading into T10A. No carnage but ended short the fun.

That Sentra is something else.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Ran a best of 1:34.1 on Sunday (my 7th session ever at Road Atlanta) - with a top speed > 150mph. And several 'controlled' skids in the process to achieve that! Car held up great, it drives a bit differently than last year and I'll get into those details later. Overall car ran great with 0 issues; gotta love that!

Made it home about 2:30am ET last night...

I'll post up a thread with pics and vid when I have time. But besides recovering on sleep, being sore from the G-forces from my first event and being in class all week at work - I have to immediately prep the car to get it to my cage builder ASAP. More to come...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was nice meeting you on Sunday. Hope your season goes well!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by JDavenport
Till he blew a CV joint boot heading into T10A. No carnage but ended short the fun.
That Sentra is something else.
it's fast and breaks a lot
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Full review from Road Atlanta:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...d-atlanta.html

It was a fun and long trip 1500 miles roundtrip; about 1650 including the time in the Evo.

This week has been insanely busy yet again. Just trying to recover the sleep has been hard enough - much less try and process all the datapoints I got mentally from the weekend. I got the car unloaded Tuesday, gave it a wash and tore into it Tues/Wed to pull out what I can in preparation for the full w2w cage that's going in.
If I hadn't mentioned it; the car is getting caged and we're officially going racing this year! I pulled out my Autopower 4pt rollbar, my passenger seat & both harnesses. I'll have some pics and weights for everything in a few days. I've got to get the dash back out, and figure out what to do with the doors/windows. Right now I'm thinking of leaving the stock window glass in place as I have an open trailer...
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Full review from Road Atlanta:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...d-atlanta.html

It was a fun and long trip 1500 miles roundtrip; about 1650 including the time in the Evo.

This week has been insanely busy yet again. Just trying to recover the sleep has been hard enough - much less try and process all the datapoints I got mentally from the weekend. I got the car unloaded Tuesday, gave it a wash and tore into it Tues/Wed to pull out what I can in preparation for the full w2w cage that's going in.
If I hadn't mentioned it; the car is getting caged and we're officially going racing this year! I pulled out my Autopower 4pt rollbar, my passenger seat & both harnesses. I'll have some pics and weights for everything in a few days. I've got to get the dash back out, and figure out what to do with the doors/windows. Right now I'm thinking of leaving the stock window glass in place as I have an open trailer...
You can do what I did, cut Lexan to fit the front windows and used a bent piece of alum and 2 dzus fittings. Couple screws and drop in/out cause I have an open trailer too. Super simple, I get comments on it all the time . Found a couple older pics but you get the point

Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
You can do what I did, cut Lexan to fit the front windows and used a bent piece of alum and 2 dzus fittings. Couple screws and drop in/out cause I have an open trailer too. Super simple, I get comments on it all the time . Found a couple older pics but you get the point

[IMG]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/Balroks/100_3002.jpg[/IMG
I like that a lot. Did you go with an X or Nascar door bars on the driver's side? I'm not a big guy so I don't necessarily need the extra space. Obviously if I don't gut out the door my options are more limited.

Also can you point me to a how-to for removing the stock window glass?

Quick Reply: 929 Evo - 2012 Season Updates