Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

How do I get into road racing, time attack?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat time
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JDavenport
Well if it was HPDE 3 that is not open passing. Point by's are required, but passing is allowed anywhere with a point-by. And there should be no begginers in an HPDE3 session. That said, DE2 and 3 are the hairy ones. Going solo and then learning to drive side by side in places you never did before. Both activities bring risk. NASA does a good job of trying to minimize it, but it can't be eliminated.
This.

And yes, each region is very different. GL/MW and South have robust driver ed programs. I cannot speak for the others.

Always a risk in this sport. Part of the game.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Smike
This.

And yes, each region is very different. GL/MW and South have robust driver ed programs. I cannot speak for the others.

Always a risk in this sport. Part of the game.
My experience is the same for NASA Mid-Atlantic, although I will say the quality of the instructors varies wildly. They are pretty desperate for instructors so some are top notch with tons of experience and others are less so. If you are in Mid-Atlantic I recommend requesting anybody from the "Over the Hill Gang", as they are all awesome. Older grizzled Corvette drivers mostly, but they are excellent instructors.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Same as teachers vary in any school. And not everyone wants to be an instructor. I love instructing (as long as my student does not try to kill me).
Old Apr 4, 2012, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I was instracting the last track day for an evo guy, and he was really nice. But there was an other guy on th track, i would probably scared ****less next to him... lol
I am not sure which is more scarry, being instructed or being an instructor.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I was instracting the last track day for an evo guy, and he was really nice. But there was an other guy on th track, i would probably scared ****less next to him... lol
I've had some pretty freaking scary experience's as an instructor. Try a guy who speaks hardly any english and wants absolutely nothing to do with a female instructor. Before the day was out and 4 instructors later he was permanently banned from Chin Motorsports and Autobahn.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by arireyes
I've had some pretty freaking scary experience's as an instructor. Try a guy who speaks hardly any english and wants absolutely nothing to do with a female instructor. Before the day was out and 4 instructors later he was permanently banned from Chin Motorsports and Autobahn.
sounds like a nice guy to spend a day with.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

If student is crazy; instructor.

Originally Posted by arireyes

sounds like a nice guy to spend a day with.
We would have a "come to Jesus meeting" if he pulled that ****. We're putting out life into others hands. I **** around a lot less when that's the case.