Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

where to autocross....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2004, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to autocross....

currently living in boston and very interested in using my evo for autocrossing purposes... but i cant seem to find anywhere remotely close to be able to join an event... please help
Old Feb 3, 2004, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Google search for "Devens autocross 2004" -- I think you'll find some clubs that autocross at the Devens airport in Ayer, MA, and some events scheduled for this year.

Note that I've never autocrossed there or with any of those clubs. Note that KC on this forum is a National champion autocrosser (in a Subaru last year) who is in your area. You could try sending him a PM.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 12:38 PM
KC
Evolving Member

Why PM when I'm right here?

1st: http://www.ner.org (New England Region SCCA)
Working on the 2004 Schedule. Going to be a weird year as Devens enacted some sound requirements... waiting for full details and dates to put up on the site. I would look at the site and read, read, and read. There's a wealth of informaiton there and there's also stuff that points to other sites.

2nd: http://www.nescc.org (New England Sports Car Club)
They are a chapter of NER and also hold auto-xes at Devens under SCCA guidelines with a twist. They have a pro format that those in pro class run off against each other in an elimination bracket. For those just starting out, it's the same.

3rd: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org (Boston BMW Club)
They limit attendance at events so you must pre-register. To run, you also must be a member of the Boston BMW club. (They allow 70 BMWS and 70 non-bmws to participate)

Keep in mind, that due to this thing called 'Winter', the New England auto-x season runs from April to October.. which means nothings happening for a couple more months. Which gives you plenty of time to read up on the sites, and get familiar, ask questions, etc.

One thing that does happen that's relatively fun (but cold!) is Ice Racing in New Hampshire, also put on by the BMW Club at Newfound Lake. (See Website). Been going on for many years... and is a blast.

Also, there's winter rally-x in the snow (see ther rally-x section on the NER Website). Good times getting sideways... helps you lean control of the car if it should start getting out of shape... and winter driving really helps your summer driving... concepts are all the same, just the snow/ice help exaggerate things... and give yo utime to build up reactions.

So even tho it's winter and the off season for auto-x, there's still plenty of stuff going on.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask, PM or e-mail me.