Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

CTSCC/Rolex Driver Demo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTSCC/Rolex Driver Demo

Hello everybody,

I know it has nothing to do with Evos, but I do like this forum, and this post does have a lot to do with motorsports!

The following video was produced by my father and my manager without me knowing. They surprised me with an incredible job compiling all the Speed Channel footage of myself in the Stevenson Motorsports Chevrolet Camaro GS.R in the past two years. They did great work piecing them all together, and probably making me sound a bit better than I really am! Regardless, I'm very proud of what they've done, even if it does make me blush. If nothing else, it's some great shots of a racing Camaro getting the living hell beat out of it in the pursuit of victory, a feat we've pulled off three times with Stevenson Motorsports. This year was extra sweet as I earned 2nd in the driver championship and Stevenson won third in team points. With help from Mitchum Motorsports and CKS, we pushed Chevrolet to third in manufacture points as well.

I'm always honored when I'm given a chance to drive a race car, and the following video shows some of my favorite moments. I recommend watching the whole long video, it documents all the great races we've had!

Enjoy.

Copywrite SPEED Channel, a Fox Broadcasting Company

P.S.
Bonus clip at the end showing the crazy run through the field at Road America last year-- from inside the car. Our Camaro was unbelievable! It was like we were in a different class. That race was the first time a Camaro GS.R ever won a race, an honor Stevenson Motorsports absolutely earned!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

33:29, nice near miss.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bueller
33:29, nice near miss.
Haha, yeeeeah. It was one of those moments where I had my head in the right place, so had it under control, to watch the video later and realize how close it was.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very cool!what was you favorite track?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Nice buddy, had a few pucker moments watching as well .

Radio question, do you run ear pieces (which ones) or a helmet with speakers?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:37 PM

Favorite track is hard to pin. I love my home track of Laguna, but Road America is pretty nice. Great place to race! Watkins will always be a favorite, even though I haven't had too much success there. I also really like Daytona, simply because you can't help but get goosebumps when rolling in there for the first time.

I use earplugs. I've always been told to use the molded ones, but I've used foamies forever. They're essentially disposable, if a bit expensive to do so.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by MBellRacing
Favorite track is hard to pin. I love my home track of Laguna, but Road America is pretty nice. Great place to race! Watkins will always be a favorite, even though I haven't had too much success there. I also really like Daytona, simply because you can't help but get goosebumps when rolling in there for the first time.

I use earplugs. I've always been told to use the molded ones, but I've used foamies forever. They're essentially disposable, if a bit expensive to do so.
So what's your method for keeping them in your ears when putting the helmet on/off? I've heard of some guys using medical tape but that sounds like a pita still.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

In-car was by far the best footage.... Billy Johnson is our grassroots SoCal hero...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Balrok
So what's your method for keeping them in your ears when putting the helmet on/off? I've heard of some guys using medical tape but that sounds like a pita still.
My foam earplugs stay in without any problem. Some people lick the molded ones to get them some suction against the ear canal, but I have seen putty and just duct tape used as well.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MBellRacing

Excited about 2013? I believe the schedule, if it matched Grand Am, will include Road Atlanta (my home track). Should be very fun!

Cheers,

Craig
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:35 AM

YES, the 2013 schedule is amazing. We'll be seeing Austin (testing there in a couple weeks) and Road Atlanta, a course I haven't been to in a few years. I'm absolutely excited for those two places.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Great video! I love watching this series on Speed!