Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2013 SCCA Nationals and Pro Solo Finale

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 SCCA Nationals and Pro Solo Finale

Looking forward to heading out this year, and it is just around the corner! Mike Fineberg and I will be running in SM as usual, for both the Finale and Nats. Probably arrive Friday morning.

Who else is headed out and what class are you running? I know there a few ASP converts running SM for the Pro at least... and then there is that 11ty billion horsepower GTR to deal with
Old Aug 1, 2013, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Tom and I will be there! hopefully the pro course isn't anything like the one from spring nats. Its not often we complain about power courses but damn that was rough.

I still haven't decided if i want to go play with you guys in SM for nats or stay in ASP with Tom.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 05:30 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by griceiv
Tom and I will be there! hopefully the pro course isn't anything like the one from spring nats. Its not often we complain about power courses but damn that was rough.

I still haven't decided if i want to go play with you guys in SM for nats or stay in ASP with Tom.
Im sure thats only because of a certain 700hp GTR . That car is nutso on power, ask Eric to see the dyno sheet.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

delayed double post...?

Last edited by griceiv; Aug 1, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yea, we heard you the first time.

I'll be driving in STU for fun this year, still a lot of rust to shake off.

Rick
Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

This was the launch difference last year at the Finale. Can't wait to line up this year and see what happens...

Old Aug 1, 2013, 09:37 PM
EvoM Guru

He has a bit more power now. Ok, he has a lot more power now and less weight. If he drives well, that will be a seriously tough car to beat.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
He has a bit more power now. Ok, he has a lot more power now and less weight. If he drives well, that will be a seriously tough car to beat.
yeah. the damn thing has 2 GTX3071's!!! with over 3L to spool them up. its crazy.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 07:35 AM
EvoM Guru

yeah. the damn thing has 2 GTX3071's!!! with over 3L to spool them up. its crazy.
Being in the car a few times really was an eye opener. That much power but zero lag. And a 3500lb car stopping harder than Ive ever felt before.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, the GTRs are really amazing on track. I got a ride in stock one w/ just exhaust/intake and an AMAZING driver at a track day (2.3 mile course) a while back. The stopping is just unbelievable for a car of that size. If only the consumable weren't ridiculous. Can't imagine spending as much as those guys do on brake pads/rotors/tires.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't think Josh and I will be making it unless there's a miracle. Still haven't gotten the new motor together. I did get an offer from a friend to borrow his SM Evo (with a lot of my goodies swapped on) and take it out though. Still thinking about it.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My co-driver Blanton Payne will be there running ASP in my car for Nats. Doubt he will make the pro-finale. And it's not looking good that I will make either.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SDevo13
Yea, the GTRs are really amazing on track....Can't imagine spending as much as those guys do on brake pads/rotors/tires.
Our cars aren't exactly cheap on consumables, but GTRs are crazy expensive to track. I could afford to own one, but no way I could afford to track it.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
My co-driver Blanton Payne will be there running ASP in my car for Nats. Doubt he will make the pro-finale. And it's not looking good that I will make either.
what the heck!?! you need to get your priorities in order.

Old Aug 2, 2013, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
Our cars aren't exactly cheap on consumables, but GTRs are crazy expensive to track. I could afford to own one, but no way I could afford to track it.
Consumables... yes I am packing a spare transfer case.

Quick Reply: 2013 SCCA Nationals and Pro Solo Finale