Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

For those with carbotech pads...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with carbotech pads...

Just installed a set of carbotech front pads (xp12) with new centric rotors and noticed on the top edge of the pads the material is above the rotor on the front and rear parts of the pad. In the middle of the pad it sits flush with the rotor. Is this normal? Im pretty sure it should sit flush throughout the pad. I double checked the part numbers and they appear to be correct.

Also

Do you guys use any type of lube on the backing plate of these pads?

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2013, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I have had the same problem with my Carbotech XP10's. Usually I just take the pad off and add a 45 degree chamfer to the top part of the pad with a grinder to prevent the over lap from happening. Not sure if thats the real solution but it seems to work.

I also use stock backing plates. Although lately I have had bad brake noise even with proper greese.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 04:13 PM

Thanks! That's was I was thinking about doing. Unsure if it would or could cause any negative effects? I emailed carbotech Sunday, still waiting for a response back.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 07:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 372 Likes on 247 Posts
If you don't have a reply soon you can ask KNS brakes. I purchased some pads from them and they were extremely helpful with all my questions.
I would recommend the backing plates and grease too to help with the noise. A proper bed in procedure is a must! You really should do it on the track but if not then a good stretch of road in mexico during the day would be ok. Are you familiar with the bed in procedure?
http://www.ctbrakes.com/faqs.asp#bedding4