Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Help/sponser search for NASA Championship Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help/sponser search for NASA Championship Evo

NASA Northeast has released their dates and I am looking for help to run my Super Touring 2 Evolution 8. First the national championship moves to the best track in the country - Road Atlanta! I have never been there but every driver says its the best track with the highest speeds. This champioship event will bring out everyone in the big bore Thunder classes. Next big announcement is NASCAR will not be bringing United Sports Car to Lime Rock Park and NASA Northeast has the full July 4th weekend at LRP! I have a couple thousand laps there and hope to run fast against the corvette's. Nasa will be running a August race on a new road racing track at Thompson Speedway in Connecticut. I have seen the new facility and had a meeting with the owner and general manager. They will have the track ready by June and are sparing no expense to build a great facility for hosting races within a short ride of Boston and NYC. Then back to Watkins Glen in September for high speed wheel to wheel action were down force is critical. The Evolution is ready for further development and testing before July 4th. We have the oppotunity with these smooth tracks to lower the car and raise spring rates to increase downforce. Should be an exiting season with or without help. I will do my best with old tires and hope I can win fresh sets.....Sponsors or crew interested will see a Evolution with a great engineer/builder and tuner on board. We are up against the best prepared and driven Corvette's but they can be beaten in the dry. If it's wet it's are race to lose with me driving! contact Dave Fazzino/ Apex Electric apexelectric@netzero.com

Old Nov 23, 2013, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Write letters/emails directly to sponsors you are interested in. Highlight how you can help them and what you are asking in return. Be sure to include pictures and performance history. This is what I have done in the past and had success. You'll get a much better response than posting "ads" in forums.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the lead in! There is nobody outside the Evo M family that would be interested in helping a Evo 8 race car. When I first raced my ST-2 Evo at Watkins Glen I put it on the front row next to a 750 hp Lemans Porsche GT3 in the rain. When I went to sleep on Friday after the practice day I had been awake for 42 hours. I continually pushed the envelope because of working and crewing the car myself. To make a successful attempt driving the car at its limit requires strength and a focus on driving. Burning up all my energy before getting in the car is no longer possible. I am asking for help to crew the car as well as possible financial help. Every time the car comes off the track it should have a complete inspection and maintenance. The driver should be resting loading and contemplating the data/video analyisis with coaching. So if anyone is intersted or knows someone who would like to help please tell them. I need help from experienced Evo/track/DSM enthusiast that I can trust my life with! When I crashed a M3 early in my racing life I stayed in the sport crewing on a SCCA Porsche 944 then later a Formula Mazda. It's fun to have your car battling the competition at the track. We won the SCCA Northeast and Mid Atlantic regions championships in the Porsche. My Evo has won races and finished 2cd place at the NASA national championship. We should make the Corvettes and Boss 302 Mustangs sleepless!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
im just a mid level wrench turner doing track days, but id be interested in helping crew in some way if i can in the interest of working with other evo guys to gain knowledge of my own. definitely capable of basic to mid level track stuff (pads/rotors/checking pressures etc)... and working on learning others like alignments and such.

i should be at the thompson and LRP events anyway, thompson is 40 minutes from me.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
^ you'll be at most of those nasa northest events anyways
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
^ you'll be at most of those nasa northest events anyways
thats what im sayin son! lol.

since ill still be just DE i usually have nothing to do around race time, so id be willing to do anything i could to help.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the moral support and will look forward to next summer. I need to make a decision about training and diet to get in racing shape. A few years ago NASA said some factory teams had heard of my driving and I went on a diet to get down to 165lbs. I trained to much and wore myself down before I raced at the Glen that year. I ran out of energy after 15 minutes, showed weakness and got passed. Now at 48 years old it will take commitment and smart living to prepare for this level of physical competition. I am willing to try my best and hope something comes together. Last year I didn't race but I got into back country hiking up Mt Washington and then hiked to the summit of Pikes Peak a couple times during the hill climb. I didn't do much this year so its time to make a fresh start.......
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you need some help at Road Atlanta let me know. I will be at Nats whether or not I am running TT. I can give you a good bit of advice about the track. If you're able to come down during one of the SE events I can give you a couple of rides around.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Ya'll have been around this board long enough to know there aren't any sponsors lurking around here lol. And the rest of us are broke as well, so the best we can do is work for beer . I hope to make it to Nats since it's a LOT closer now, time will tell. But ya I need to get up there and test, haven't been since 2003. Likely be in ST3 trim but nothing a retune can't fix.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
And the rest of us are broke as well
It's so damn true.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by blackenedwings
It's so damn true.
Ha. yup!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the most part you have to be a proven commodity to get sponsorships, getting sponsorships for me was a combination of me asking them, them asking me and me winning and getting the sponsorship based on a contingency ie... win the national championship and company X gives you their product free for a year.

If you have any specific questions send me an email and I'll try to answer them or at the least give you an opinion.

Good luck!

Marty

Mgrand34@gmail.com
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by psushoe
Write letters/emails directly to sponsors you are interested in. Highlight how you can help them and what you are asking in return. Be sure to include pictures and performance history. This is what I have done in the past and had success. You'll get a much better response than posting "ads" in forums.
+1 for this. I have had good luck writing customized proposals for specific sponsors before. Just be realistic about what you're going to get in return.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

I know, years ago when the BMW club race series started I looked for sponsor's for myself and the series which I was helping to create. I found it much easier and more successful asking for the club series rather than myself. I believe the NASA series is getting stronger in spite of the economy. The Lime Rock July 4th weekend and Atlanta Championship will get press and specators. If NASA annouces they are running a endurance race with mantitory pit stop at Lime Rock I will call Marty! If I make it to Road Atlanta I will appeciate any help learning the track. I have been offered a Chump Car ride there February in a Eagle Talon. Only problem is they rarely do practice so I would be jumping into a endurance race without having driven a lap there.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Road Atlanta is not an easy learn, and ST2 might be the toughest championship to secure. Test time prior to highly recommended. Keep an eye on race monitor next weekend. Some of the ST2 front runners who are sure to be at the championships are running.

Good luck with sponsorship. I'm looking for some of those myself.