Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Track setup and coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track setup and coilovers

Hey guys, I have done about 5 track days, I have had played around with camber and toe to an extent, i have 2 questions, how much camber can you get out of front and rear? I understand that camber can upset toe, and I know about turning that bolt to add more, I just want to know how much on stock setup. Also I am looking at coilovers, do I need to get a camber kit as well if I make the most out of my car?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 04:56 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Camber: -2 is the most I've been able to get out of the front. I've never tried to get more than -1.5 in ther rear, but I think its possible.

Most coilovers on the market come with camber plates these days, maybe with the exception of KW. WORKS and TIEN also make camber plates that work on the stock setup.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by chu
Camber: -2 is the most I've been able to get out of the front. I've never tried to get more than -1.5 in ther rear, but I think its possible.

Most coilovers on the market come with camber plates these days, maybe with the exception of KW. WORKS and TIEN also make camber plates that work on the stock setup.
The lower the rear is, the more camber that you can run (to a point). The problem I have had is the toe. Anything over -1.5 camber in the rear and you may not get the toe to where you want it. You can solve this by getting adjustable toe arms (like I did).
Old Dec 4, 2013, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys