Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Lets See Those Custom Parts v.2023

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 579 Likes on 434 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
Yep, I sell most of the things. I just have to be carefull Im not advertising here and just stick to answering direct questions. Still working on updating my website and will get prices on there soon for all my stuff but it will always be individual sales cause just a side hobby for me.

On the top of what Im making, I have material on the way to make the V2 uprights in a short version. These are 1.25" of offset for the street guys or shorter wheels. Also have a EvoX upright on the way to get the ABS measurements and make couple sets for those. Have 2 guys asking specifically so time to start making something for "those" guys.

I should also start looking at making a 3/4" longer control arm for the EvoX and widebody 8/9 guys. Shouldn't be a hard change but do need to do some FEA checks and the steering angle fit checks.
What would be the benefit of a longer lca for the ct9a guys?

Also, I'm planning to buy a set of your top hats for my flags while I have them apart for cleaning this winter. My concern is them pulling the wheel further back in the wheel arch and my tires already rub the backside of the wheel well. Are there any other ways I can pull it back forward other than an antilift bushing kit for the lca?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,555 Likes on 1,333 Posts
Dallas's LCA will fix that.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 745 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
What would be the benefit of a longer lca for the ct9a guys?

Also, I'm planning to buy a set of your top hats for my flags while I have them apart for cleaning this winter. My concern is them pulling the wheel further back in the wheel arch and my tires already rub the backside of the wheel well. Are there any other ways I can pull it back forward other than an antilift bushing kit for the lca?
Its really a combination thing depending on your tire size and current clearance. As youve seen, moving back can be tough for clearance unless you have an offset rear bushing (pretty common) or something like my LCA's with an adjustable trailing arm length.

On my car, I've played with how much offset at the top with pushing the wheel as far forward as possible to keep in the 7-8deg caster range. Pushing the wheel forward really helps with clearance on the rear fender well and also has some effects of taking weight off the tires. Small change of course, but every bit of trying to get wheels ahead of the motor help.

Heh, that makes me wonder if I can do something really crazy and move them way forward to the limits of the axle angle.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
All of Dallas' custom parts make for good artwork for your shelves too
Old Nov 3, 2017, 01:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Its really a combination thing depending on your tire size and current clearance. As youve seen, moving back can be tough for clearance unless you have an offset rear bushing (pretty common) or something like my LCA's with an adjustable trailing arm length.

On my car, I've played with how much offset at the top with pushing the wheel as far forward as possible to keep in the 7-8deg caster range. Pushing the wheel forward really helps with clearance on the rear fender well and also has some effects of taking weight off the tires. Small change of course, but every bit of trying to get wheels ahead of the motor help.

Heh, that makes me wonder if I can do something really crazy and move them way forward to the limits of the axle angle.
Right now my tires are a 275/35/18 so I think it's somewhere around 25.5". Do your control arms work with factory knuckles?

I feel like moving them to the limit of the axles rotation would cause premature wear issues. Only one way to find out.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by RJones
I am thinking he should start making those shelves as well!!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 01:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by RJones
Dude, Im gonna have to come down there and install for you... Or send car up to me and I'll finish it .

Right now my tires are a 275/35/18 so I think it's somewhere around 25.5". Do your control arms work with factory knuckles?

I feel like moving them to the limit of the axles rotation would cause premature wear issues. Only one way to find out.
Yep, All my parts have kept the factory style interfaces so people could pick and choose what they want. I'm doing the two X uprights once material shows up but I can get to the design for longer control arms if that's something you're wanting.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 04:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Yep, All my parts have kept the factory style interfaces so people could pick and choose what they want. I'm doing the two X uprights once material shows up but I can get to the design for longer control arms if that's something you're wanting.
I'm a long ways away from anything fancy like uprights or aftermarket lcas. They're definitely in the plans, I just need to get through this last year of school and then I can ball out on the car.

Out of curiousity is there any significant benefit to moving to a longer lca? Other than more natural camber I can't think of any.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 07:04 PM
EvoM Guru

For the guys with 315s, you get to a point where you have push the wheel out further. That increases scrub radius a lot. Im sure you can google why too much scrub isnt great, but Its going to give you a lot of swing of the tire and have more effects on torque steer.

For the average guy, and even myself running 295s, I'll stick with my normal length arms. EvoX guys just have longer arms to start with so they'll need the longer version anyways.
The following users liked this post:
Ayoustin (Nov 3, 2017)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 08:52 PM
EvoM Guru

For the guys with 315s, you get to a point where you have push the wheel out further. That increases scrub radius a lot. Im sure you can google why too much scrub isnt great, but Its going to give you a lot of swing of the tire and have more effects on torque steer.

For the average guy, and even myself running 295s, I'll stick with my normal length arms. EvoX guys just have longer arms to start with so they'll need the longer version anyways.
Haha I'd absolutely love to move to a 315/30 as it's shorter than my 275/35 and obviously wider, but my refusal to move away from stock body panels might make that possibility a pipe dream. With a 315 I think stock length would work as long as the wheel setup is right. I don't think the wisefab kits uses longer lcas does it?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Haha I'd absolutely love to move to a 315/30 as it's shorter than my 275/35 and obviously wider, but my refusal to move away from stock body panels might make that possibility a pipe dream. With a 315 I think stock length would work as long as the wheel setup is right. I don't think the wisefab kits uses longer lcas does it?
Im not here to bash anyone cause I always appreciate other innovators, but...

Facebook Post
Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Im not here to bash anyone cause I always appreciate other innovators, but...
I remember seeing that. I don't have any intentions to purchase said kit but iirc Andy Smedegard's gridlife evo has all the wisefab bits and is on stock body with 315s (maybe?). I'm wondering how much (if at all) everything is changed geometry wise with their stuff and if that's part of the puzzle to fitting a 315 under stock body.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:41 PM
EvoM Guru

I really don't know what wisefab does with geometry and I try to keep a distance from their parts to keep true to my own ideas on design. Have followed Andys car as well, and hope the best for them.

I have equipment to pay for but I dont have to live off profits so I can just enjoy the journey. I'm also finding some jobshop stuff pays REAALLY well. Though I'd rather make my own parts.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:59 PM
EvoM Guru

I've got to say I'm pretty envious of you. I just started getting into cnc milling a couple months ago and would love to have a haas and be able to make more complex parts. Keep up the awesome work man, I'm sure I'll be getting ahold of you sometime this summer.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts
Dallas, that was a great video and awesome that you are working with those guys. That bit of kit you've developed is amazing!

Quick Reply: Lets See Those Custom Parts v.2023