Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021 | 09:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
That is so nice.... it almost makes me wanna get rid of my AC
Thanks haha. I'm happy with how the fitment turned out, it was just what I was aiming for. I'm hoping to roll out a few more product ideas in the next couple months though I'm still way behind schedule.

Originally Posted by bee-raddd
Ayoustin i do love your bullbar haha i need one of those for bowling people out the way
Haha it's aluminum so probably not the greatest for knocking people around, but it is pretty light and makes for a good place to mount my splitter support rods from.
Old Mar 4, 2021 | 04:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Balrok
So sexy....Morrison stock with 1/4 compression bungs. Thinking jethot ultra coating, black or titanium.

swaintech white lightning!
Old Mar 5, 2021 | 04:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
swaintech white lightning!
i wouldn’t do that. It will flake and look really ugly after some track use. I have my Morrison manifold in hand now too and have considered coating it, but I don’t want a headache if it needs a crack welded up in the (hopefully distant) future.
Old Mar 5, 2021 | 05:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
i wouldn’t do that. It will flake and look really ugly after some track use. I have my Morrison manifold in hand now too and have considered coating it, but I don’t want a headache if it needs a crack welded up in the (hopefully distant) future.
I'd be amazed if that coating flaked. I've smacked white lightning coated stuff with hammers and it barely left a mark. That stuff is thicc.
Old Mar 5, 2021 | 05:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ayoustin
I'd be amazed if that coating flaked. I've smacked white lightning coated stuff with hammers and it barely left a mark. That stuff is thicc.
It holds up great on street cars and drag cars, but the top layer flakes off with track use leaving an ugly greyish patchy undercoating. That undercoating also bubbles in time. It still works but looks awful. My current set-up is Swain-coated.
Old Mar 5, 2021 | 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Likely gonna go with the ultra 2500 jethot coating. The difference on my buddies long tube TT vette is pretty insane, like 7-800 degree difference in surface temp.
Old Mar 7, 2021 | 08:35 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by ayoustin
My Swaintech coated manifold flaked after a few years of abuse.
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 05:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Likely gonna go with the ultra 2500 jethot coating. The difference on my buddies long tube TT vette is pretty insane, like 7-800 degree difference in surface temp.
Have you considered headershield.com and like products? The custom inconel shielding set-ups are what I really want, but I generally prefer to waste money on cheaper solutions before doing things the Right Way.
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Do any of you guys use the Quickjacks? Costco has the 5000lb rated ones on sale for $1200. I dont have enough room in my garage for a real lift so I was hoping these would work well enough. I need to buy myself a b-day present this month and was thinking those should do. Thoughts?
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Do any of you guys use the Quickjacks? Costco has the 5000lb rated ones on sale for $1200. I dont have enough room in my garage for a real lift so I was hoping these would work well enough. I need to buy myself a b-day present this month and was thinking those should do. Thoughts?
no comparison to a real lift but i love mine. handle all work on the car with it, decent amount of space underneath to do maintenance, would be tight for dropping trans or t-case but i've dropped the rear diff and exhaust multiple times
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 11:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kyoo
no comparison to a real lift but i love mine. handle all work on the car with it, decent amount of space underneath to do maintenance, would be tight for dropping trans or t-case but i've dropped the rear diff and exhaust multiple times
Same here, but I'd wait for the extra tall models that are coming out soon.
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
I have access to a real lift if ever needed so I am not too worried about that. I was thinking that these would be for simple projects, like the exhaust, rotating tires or even an oil change.

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Same here, but I'd wait for the extra tall models that are coming out soon.
Would you happen to know a round about date when this new model is coming out. A quick search turned up nothing.
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
I have access to a real lift if ever needed so I am not too worried about that. I was thinking that these would be for simple projects, like the exhaust, rotating tires or even an oil change.

Would you happen to know a round about date when this new model is coming out. A quick search turned up nothing.
that is 100% what i use it for
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I take my SLX 5k's to the track with me using the DC pump model. Keep the pump and a small battery on the bottom of a tool chest cart and the whole thing moves where I want it. If I were to do it again I'd get the lighter 3500 ones. I originally got the 5k because I figured I'd use it on everything. However once the Evo is in the air it kinda....stays there lol. The current height at the top lift point is almost too tall to lean over and do engine work - the extra 3 inches wouldn't provide much of a benefit. It'd compound the reach issue and it's still not enough to compare with a 2 post.

If I were to really do it right, I'd sell you these 5k's cheap, get MaxJax for the spot where the Evo is, and the lighter 3k for the track that Stay in the trailer. If anyone's interested. Obv can't ship these lol.
Old Mar 8, 2021 | 04:33 PM
EvoM Guru

I take my SLX 5k's to the track with me using the DC pump model. Keep the pump and a small battery on the bottom of a tool chest cart and the whole thing moves where I want it. If I were to do it again I'd get the lighter 3500 ones. I originally got the 5k because I figured I'd use it on everything. However once the Evo is in the air it kinda....stays there lol. The current height at the top lift point is almost too tall to lean over and do engine work - the extra 3 inches wouldn't provide much of a benefit. It'd compound the reach issue and it's still not enough to compare with a 2 post.

If I were to really do it right, I'd sell you these 5k's cheap, get MaxJax for the spot where the Evo is, and the lighter 3k for the track that Stay in the trailer. If anyone's interested. Obv can't ship these lol.
i also want a MaxJax and plan to move my QuickJack and get rid of my KwikLift. All low cost residential lift solutions are obviously required to have a catchy two-part name.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?