Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021 | 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
You can't get tires?
kinda - i'm not currently on my own wheels - i'm switching back at gridlife ncm

after the event though, i've got a few things incoming - cams, springs, retainers, fixed back seats

also been thinking about doing battery relocation and acd relocation to the trunk - anyone do the acd relocation? curious if the pump is in a riskier location and what if anything you did to protect it from corrosion, and roughly how much weight it moved from the front to the rear.

also with the battery out of the way, going to do the short route uicp and the air intake to stm's aluminum bits. looking to balance the car a little better
Old Apr 11, 2021 | 10:03 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by kyoo
kinda - i'm not currently on my own wheels - i'm switching back at gridlife ncm

after the event though, i've got a few things incoming - cams, springs, retainers, fixed back seats

also been thinking about doing battery relocation and acd relocation to the trunk - anyone do the acd relocation? curious if the pump is in a riskier location and what if anything you did to protect it from corrosion, and roughly how much weight it moved from the front to the rear.

also with the battery out of the way, going to do the short route uicp and the air intake to stm's aluminum bits. looking to balance the car a little better
There's lots of discussions about relocations on here if just search my name and relocation. But its 20lbs in front of the heaviest corner so 1000% yes its worth moving. Logging pressure, I know its capable of something like 15bar but in reality Ive never logged more than 80-90psi in braking or wheel spin in the rain.

I use the factory evap canister line, its the same size as OEM and ends up being about the same length too. Its worked nearly flawlessly except after a few years 1 line popped off where OEM only had a small clamp in a raised section I didnt see above the rear subframe. Easy fix with a hose clamp.
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Apr 11, 2021)
Old Apr 11, 2021 | 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
There's lots of discussions about relocations on here if just search my name and relocation. But its 20lbs in front of the heaviest corner so 1000% yes its worth moving. Logging pressure, I know its capable of something like 15bar but in reality Ive never logged more than 80-90psi in braking or wheel spin in the rain.

I use the factory evap canister line, its the same size as OEM and ends up being about the same length too. Its worked nearly flawlessly except after a few years 1 line popped off where OEM only had a small clamp in a raised section I didnt see above the rear subframe. Easy fix with a hose clamp.
sounds good. gonna have a shop do it, he recommended putting them both batt and acd pump stuff in the passenger rear corner.
Old Apr 12, 2021 | 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Dallas,

Did you use the EVAP line for ACD hard line?

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2021 | 02:29 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
Dallas,

Did you use the EVAP line for ACD hard line?

Thanks
Correct. And basically cause convenient, I mounted my ACD where the Evap canister was. Ideally it would have gone on passenger side but I run a big muffler for noise and figured heat probably wasn't great either.
alpinaturbo (Apr 13, 2021)
Old Apr 12, 2021 | 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Correct. And basically cause convenient, I mounted my ACD where the Evap canister was. Ideally it would have gone on passenger side but I run a big muffler for noise and figured heat probably wasn't great either.
hadn't though about that, will need to consider. that's a lot of heat right there if you mount to pass side
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

Drivers side is where it lives in the JDM and EUDM models. I will move mine to the trunk as I can not look at corroded pumps anymore
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
Drivers side is where it lives in the JDM and EUDM models. I will move mine to the trunk as I can not look at corroded pumps anymore
drivers side in jdm/eudm models = the right side/passenger's side for usdm, correct?
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 06:45 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

I have a Taylor battery box still new in the plastic I'm not going to use (Miata battery changed my mind). If you want/need to run an approved box for the track.
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevin.
I have a Taylor battery box still new in the plastic I'm not going to use (Miata battery changed my mind). If you want/need to run an approved box for the track.
pm'd - not sure what size i need though.
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

"drivers side in jdm/eudm models = the right side/passenger's side for usdm, correct?"
UEDM is LHD JDM is RHD

kikturbo will clarify which side pump actually resides, E5-6 was Right Side, maybe later cars are on Left Side, since he refers to EUDM driver side.
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
"drivers side in jdm/eudm models = the right side/passenger's side for usdm, correct?"
UEDM is LHD JDM is RHD

kikturbo will clarify which side pump actually resides, E5-6 was Right Side, maybe later cars are on Left Side, since he refers to EUDM driver side.
good point, i forgot only england is rhd.

looks like on the evo 5/6, the exhaust exits on the left, which i guess explains why the pump is on the right. then maybe it switches with evo 7-9 to avoid the exhaust again on the other side?
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 11:33 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

pm'd - not sure what size i need though.
51 group batteries measure - 9 3/8" L x 5" W x 8 3/4" H

What I've got is the 100 series (48100), measuring 13.5" L x 9.5" W x 10" H. Would fit anything from OE group 35 and below.

Some random stats:
OE weights 37lbs
51 series weighs 30lbs
Miata weighs 24lbs
kyoo (Apr 13, 2021)
Old Apr 13, 2021 | 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

drivers side in jdm/eudm models = the right side/passenger's side for usdm, correct?
sorry for the mixup... I meant drives side on our (EUDM/USDM) cars... not japan/uk....

Old Apr 13, 2021 | 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
sorry for the mixup... I meant drives side on our (EUDM/USDM) cars... not japan/uk....
that makes sense. do you think the switch was for the heat from the exhaust? I may run the pump on the driver's and put the battery on the passenger's then

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?