Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021 | 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
You can as long as you have injector scaling approximately for your ethanol percentage. Being off 15% either way from what you're dialed in for is no problem but you wouldnt want to go from E85 to like E40 without adjusting.
ok - maybe better if i just try to burn to nothing and fill up as much as possible with pump premium then. im getting tuned on 91 soon which is why i was trying to do a little to burn off before i fully fill it with 91, since 1-1.5 gal of e85 would basically (i think) make 91 basically 93

(it is a dual map tune between pump & e85)
Old Nov 3, 2021 | 11:47 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

I'm sure you're going to a good tuner, so you shouldn't worry about it. Realistically, if your going back and forth between fuels that scenario will happen, and your tune should have enough margin in it to deal with that. If your OCD is getting the better of you though, you can drain the tank from underneath. You could also disconnect a line from the rail (which ever is easier) and either run the pump with evoscan, or jump/trigger a fuel pump relay with a piece of wire. I don't know how stock or not your setup is, but it's pretty easy to get a hose on the return line from the fuel rail and into a container. Remember to have a fire extinguisher at the ready when ever dealing with fuel.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Nov 3, 2021 at 11:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Nov 3, 2021)
Old Nov 3, 2021 | 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
I'm sure you're going to a good tuner, so you shouldn't worry about it. Realistically, if your going back and forth between fuels that scenario will happen, and your tune should have enough margin in it to deal with that. If your OCD is getting the better of you though, you can drain the tank from underneath. You could also disconnect a line from the rail (which ever is easier) and either run the pump with evoscan, or jump/trigger a fuel pump relay with a piece of wire. I don't know how stock or not your setup is, but it's pretty easy to get a hose on the return line from the fuel rail and into a container. Remember to have a fire extinguisher at the ready when ever dealing with fuel.
yup i've drained from the return line in the past - anyway i've done it the old fashioned way driving around - dont really have time with my new job these days but had a little of time during and and can do the rest tonight
Old Nov 3, 2021 | 12:34 PM
EvoM Guru

There are drain plugs on the bottom of the tank too. One on each half, directly on the bottom.
Old Nov 3, 2021 | 12:55 PM
EvoM Guru

I put fittings on those drain plugs, so i can move the gas to another car
Old Nov 3, 2021 | 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
I put fittings on those drain plugs, so i can move the gas to another car
Good Idea, especially considering we seem to be in the mad max timeline.
Old Nov 3, 2021 | 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by kyoo
yup i've drained from the return line in the past - anyway i've done it the old fashioned way driving around - dont really have time with my new job these days but had a little of time during and and can do the rest tonight
Driving around is probably a lot safer than handling fuel, and storing it.
Old Nov 6, 2021 | 10:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Do any of you know anyone in Nashville, TN that could flash an EvoX for me? Have a client that moved their that needs a tune update. I sent him an openport cable, but he apparently only has a Mac laptop...
Old Nov 6, 2021 | 12:42 PM
EvoM Guru

just drain it, either from the tank or run the pump and pump it out then fill up with fresh fuel. Its pretty straight forward either way. just do it when the engine is cold if you do it from the return line. doing it from the tank is fine also. youd have to do something pretty silly for it to catch fire when draining from the tank. just dont do it when the car is warm/hot
Old Nov 6, 2021 | 11:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by bee-raddd
just drain it, either from the tank or run the pump and pump it out then fill up with fresh fuel. Its pretty straight forward either way. just do it when the engine is cold if you do it from the return line. doing it from the tank is fine also. youd have to do something pretty silly for it to catch fire when draining from the tank. just dont do it when the car is warm/hot
Yeah, but it's Kyoo we're talking about here.
Old Nov 16, 2021 | 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Yeah, but it's Kyoo we're talking about here.
lmao hey! i have actually done this (1/4" line for anyone curious) but not ideal.

in any case -

if I feel like I have too much power-on oversteer, is there anything I can do to improve that without making the car understeer more? all the conventional solutions (fsb/ less rear spring) seem like it would come at the cost of being pushier
Old Nov 16, 2021 | 05:25 PM
kaj

lmao hey! i have actually done this (1/4" line for anyone curious) but not ideal.

in any case -

if I feel like I have too much power-on oversteer, is there anything I can do to improve that without making the car understeer more? all the conventional solutions (fsb/ less rear spring) seem like it would come at the cost of being pushier
I modulate my throttle.
The following users liked this post:
kikiturbo (Nov 17, 2021)
Old Nov 16, 2021 | 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
I modulate my throttle.
boo
Old Nov 16, 2021 | 06:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Wider and/or stickier tires, less steering angle, less focus on "getting to WOT ASAP on corner exit" and more focus on maintaining mid-corner speed, use higher gear, make sure WGDC is proportional to throttle position in tune, have someone in the right seat watch you when this happens, etc.
Old Nov 16, 2021 | 06:21 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Have I told you about my lord and savior, More Rear Spring?

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?