Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2023 | 07:22 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by Terror Rising
She's the breadwinner. I'm just a Director of Engineering while she's a CFO. She has way more money into this than I do.
If that's the determining factor then, yeah. My ENTIRE reason for wanting a three-car garage doesn't involve anyone getting any space. Though I'd let a woman have the little garage, just to be fair. I use my 2-car for two cars and to set up the lift and do work when I need all the room. I wouldn't be able to get any use out that single spot. Of course, if that's what I started with, then I guess I'd be used to it by now. I'm just spoiled
Old Jan 20, 2023 | 09:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
If that's the determining factor then, yeah. My ENTIRE reason for wanting a three-car garage doesn't involve anyone getting any space. Though I'd let a woman have the little garage, just to be fair. I use my 2-car for two cars and to set up the lift and do work when I need all the room. I wouldn't be able to get any use out that single spot. Of course, if that's what I started with, then I guess I'd be used to it by now. I'm just spoiled
I'm confused. So if your fiance was spending 2/3 of the money on the house you would be like "park in the little spot, *****"? She drives her car every day while my Evo sits gathering cobwebs.
Old Jan 20, 2023 | 11:14 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Terror Rising
I'm confused. So if your fiance was spending 2/3 of the money on the house you would be like "park in the little spot, *****"? She drives her car every day while my Evo sits gathering cobwebs.
It has to be one extreme or the other? First, I don't think a woman I'd be married to/engaged to would play the "I make vs you make" card. That would go both ways, of course. Second, I wouldn't be calling her a *****, in any sense of the word.
In any relationship I've ever been in, my woman has been 100% on board that the garage is essentially mine while she gets the rest of the house.
Your situation is completely different, so that's awesome for you. Who cares how I'd do it?
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 09:48 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

When we had a 2 car garage, the garage was all mine. When we moved and got an oversize 3 car garage I got the big side and always kept the small door side clean and open for her to part. Especially with the kid being able to load up without going to a cold car or in the rain.

Now we have a 3 car garage and a shop, and I have to fight for a spot in the garage... lol. She says I cant put race cars in there but compromised that it can be a running car if needed. But not the tractor or mower
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 01:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Dallas J
I got one (8 y/o), it aint that bad :P.
I've got one kid and another on the way. Honestly wasn't nearly as expensive as I expected after all the stories you hear.

Earlier this week I asked my son what his favorite things were. He told me: Airplanes, cars, pick-it-up [pickup] trucks, and cars. So I'm doing something right.
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 02:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Construct
I've got one kid and another on the way. Honestly wasn't nearly as expensive as I expected after all the stories you hear.

Earlier this week I asked my son what his favorite things were. He told me: Airplanes, cars, pick-it-up [pickup] trucks, and cars. So I'm doing something right.
Taking vacations will be expensive especially timing it around the school breaks
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 02:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
It has to be one extreme or the other? First, I don't think a woman I'd be married to/engaged to would play the "I make vs you make" card. That would go both ways, of course. Second, I wouldn't be calling her a *****, in any sense of the word.
In any relationship I've ever been in, my woman has been 100% on board that the garage is essentially mine while she gets the rest of the house.
Your situation is completely different, so that's awesome for you. Who cares how I'd do it?
I think if you mow and take care of the yard, house and all the cars, you own the garage 100%. plus the powder room
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 02:45 PM
kaj

When we had a 2 car garage, the garage was all mine. When we moved and got an oversize 3 car garage I got the big side and always kept the small door side clean and open for her to part. Especially with the kid being able to load up without going to a cold car or in the rain.

Now we have a 3 car garage and a shop, and I have to fight for a spot in the garage... lol. She says I cant put race cars in there but compromised that it can be a running car if needed. But not the tractor or mower
But that's no fair. You have the shop. I'm jealous, so "Ha....Ha", I say.

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
I think if you mow and take care of the yard, house and all the cars, you own the garage 100%. plus the powder room
Gotta share the powder room, yeah. You need somewhere to put the magazine rack, amirite?
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 02:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
Gotta share the powder room, yeah. You need somewhere to put the magazine rack, amirite?
Sure. But no eviction notices
Old Jan 21, 2023 | 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Lawdy, with them titles I expect a 10car garage
i was thinking thing!

I got one (8 y/o), it aint that bad :P.
Agreed … and i have 4 of those rascals.
Old Jan 22, 2023 | 09:44 AM
EvoM Guru

i have my partners R34 GTT coupe outside in the driveway under a car cover while i hog the whole double garage haha. Always been an understanding that the garage is my space and she doesnt mind. I do however have a close friend who has to park outside while his wife hogs the 3 car garage. Parks in the middle of the double garage on her own and uses the single one on the end for storing crap while he has to park out in the cold. now thats greedy haha.
Old Jan 22, 2023 | 11:05 AM
kaj

Cluttering a garage with junk is one of my pet peeves. I can't stand that ****.
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 08:26 AM

Is there anything more American than a 2-car garage full of **** with the cars parked outside?
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin.:
Bee-Raddd (Jan 23, 2023), kaj (Jan 23, 2023)
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 09:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Kevin.
Is there anything more American than a 2-car garage full of **** with the cars parked outside?
I think its just humans u see it everywhere here too lol.

I dont know if you guys get it up there but we have lots of people who set their garages up as work from home hair dresses and phone repair places etc with glass sliding doors instead of the traditional garage door setup
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 09:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Well it doesnt look like much and its hard to tell but finally ready to go testing post a complete rewire. Maybe thats a good thing that it doesnt look like much!

We pulled absolutely every wire out of the car. catalogued every component and wire and then re wired it all up to motorsport spec with proper sleeving and connectors etc. 2x autosport connectors on the firewall. one supplies the engine wiring the other everything else. so you can disconnect the plug and pull the motor with the loom attached. Haltech PD16 installed also with CAN Keypad which is magical. Critical components e.g fuel pumps are able to be monitored for current draw etc to pick up anything strange.The only factory wiring left is a small loom that supplies the ACD pump in the boot as there was no need to modify this.

The following 6 users liked this post by Bee-Raddd:
alpinaturbo (Jan 23, 2023), Biggiesacks (Jan 23, 2023), codgi (Jan 24, 2023), Kevin. (Jan 23, 2023), RallySport9 (Jan 23, 2023), ViciousLSD (Jan 23, 2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?