Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023 | 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Looks......great......behind that dash
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Balrok
That was the look i was after hahahah. We havnt heat shrunk or loomed fully yet waiting to go testing on saturday first and confirm no gremlins then will take some photos of it bare
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 11:56 AM
EvoM Guru

What does the ejecto-seato handle do next to brake bias?
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 12:09 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by Bee-Raddd
I think its just humans u see it everywhere here too lol.

I dont know if you guys get it up there but we have lots of people who set their garages up as work from home hair dresses and phone repair places etc with glass sliding doors instead of the traditional garage door setup
I live in California. That sounds too convenient and like you could avoid a ton of permits and taxes, .... So it's probably illegal here.
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RSMike
makes your engine bay very very untidy... (fire extinguisher I presume)
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 12:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by RSMike
As Kiki said, that's def the fire bottle handle.
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by LetsGetThisDone
You don't want the stroke/rod/piston to add up to zero deck. Best way is to measure current deck clearance with knock comp height pistons.

Also, stock 9 head gasket is .051".

Shoot for .010" in the hole. By the time the deck gets resurfaced, it'll prob be more like .003-5" in the whole.
I was just inputting what information I knew (deck height, rod length, stroke) and it spit out the 32 for compression height. I also did not input anything into piston to deck because I did not what value to use.
Funny enough, the guy from Wiseco just emailed me back saying with everything I gave him, it looks like the piston will be sticking out the block by .001". I told him that I just need a regular 1400HD piston for a 64block with Evo 9 head combo, but with the wrist pin moved to compensate for the block/stroke/rod combo at hand here.

Also, I pulled that stock 9 headgasket thickness directly from STM's website - is this not correct?
Looks like a made a typo on that speadsheet and typed 1.1mm not 1.2.

Old Jan 23, 2023 | 12:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
I live in California. That sounds too convenient and like you could avoid a ton of permits and taxes, .... So it's probably illegal here.
I think he meant non-whites
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 12:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Balrok
It is too nice and "streetable". my kind of racecar
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 06:32 PM
EvoM Guru

As Kiki said, that's def the fire bottle handle.
Its actually the neutral pull cable for the gearbox so i can select neutral and reverse haha. the lever needs to come back out the paddleshift is all set up again. Normally you have a trigger grip on the sequential lever which u pull to select neutral and reverse. Its awkward using it with the paddleshift so i moved it over to a T handle down there so i can use my right hand to pull the lever and my left to pull the left paddle and downshift. Dont need to pull the handle when going the other way
The following users liked this post:
kikiturbo (Jan 24, 2023)
Old Jan 23, 2023 | 08:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Its actually the neutral pull cable for the gearbox so i can select neutral and reverse haha. the lever needs to come back out the paddleshift is all set up again. Normally you have a trigger grip on the sequential lever which u pull to select neutral and reverse. Its awkward using it with the paddleshift so i moved it over to a T handle down there so i can use my right hand to pull the lever and my left to pull the left paddle and downshift. Dont need to pull the handle when going the other way
Interesting. We just put a thumb button on the steering wheel.
Old Jan 24, 2023 | 09:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Interesting. We just put a thumb button on the steering wheel.
Yea this would be ideal but then id need a pneumatic actuator to physically lift the stopper on the gearbox. Because the barrel in the box is designed to be used with a lever i have to physically pull the plunger out of the way on the box still to get to neutral/ reverse. only way to remove this would be to have a new barrel made.
Old Jan 24, 2023 | 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

wow, I have usually seen it as a small bicycle brake lever mounted on the gear lever.. but yeah, paddleshift...
Old Jan 24, 2023 | 11:33 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
wow, I have usually seen it as a small bicycle brake lever mounted on the gear lever.. but yeah, paddleshift...
It used to be but 1, i wanted to remove the lever assembly. and 2, i need my left hand to operate the paddle so i was having to use my right hand backwards to reach the left paddle and pull the lever
Old Jan 24, 2023 | 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

It used to be but 1, i wanted to remove the lever assembly. and 2, i need my left hand to operate the paddle so i was having to use my right hand backwards to reach the left paddle and pull the lever
I forget your car is RHD... I have seen people use gearlever for neutral/reverse/first and then go with the paddles on the go, but what you did is a neat solution..

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?