Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023 | 11:46 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by kyoo
This is Boosted Fab's. Comes with mounting jackpoint. Only way it adds NVH is gonna be from what bushing you run. I opted for the 70a version (I believe factory is probably 50-60a, and most people get a 90a durometer bushing when they do this modification).

https://www.boostedfabrication.com/c...ly-crossmember
Boosted Fab makes the best one IMO. Same with their JDM rear bumper bars.
Old Feb 9, 2023 | 11:46 AM
EvoM Guru

I made some shifter cables for my car since my stock ones were looking a bit worse for wear. Fairly happy with how they came out. Bracket is stainless steel, and all of the cable ends are steel too so no rubber or plastic anywhere anymore

The following 3 users liked this post by Ayoustin:
Biggiesacks (Feb 10, 2023), black E (Feb 9, 2023), ViciousLSD (Feb 9, 2023)
Old Feb 9, 2023 | 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevin.
Boosted Fab makes the best one IMO. Same with their JDM rear bumper bars.
yea here's hoping the 70a doesn't create too much nvh. trying to offset some of the weight gain i'm adding with the fender braces
Old Feb 9, 2023 | 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ayoustin
I made some shifter cables for my car since my stock ones were looking a bit worse for wear. Fairly happy with how they came out. Bracket is stainless steel, and all of the cable ends are steel too so no rubber or plastic anywhere anymore

You going to be making/selling those?
Old Feb 10, 2023 | 10:42 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Very nice. I assume the bracket only works with your cables? Came across your website from Paul's youtube video on parts. When the cam sensor cover back in stock?
Old Feb 12, 2023 | 09:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Placebo effect is strong when people are trying to justify purchases. Like the master cylinder brace where I did a test and as hard as I could press the master cylinder moved something like 0.3mm.

It may work super well, but Id want to verify flex before just bolting on random braces. Like the cusco brace up front. That ones about as dumb as can be and weight in the worst possible place.
You must be skipping leg day haha. My master cylinder used to flex like mad. like visibly obvious multiple mm. To the point i was blowing master cylinder seals out due to the movement of the shaft against the edge of the seal then they would start leaking. not needed for a road car no doubt but if ur tracking the car regularly definitely worth bracing.

as for fender bracing ive never really liked the idea. surely the extra weight negates the benefit of the slighly extra stiffness. if u want more stiff get your welder out and stitch the chassis joins in that area.
Old Feb 12, 2023 | 06:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by black E
You going to be making/selling those?
Unsure at the moment. Working with the cable supplier was like pulling teeth. If enough people want them we more than likely would though.

Originally Posted by Kevin.
Very nice. I assume the bracket only works with your cables? Came across your website from Paul's youtube video on parts. When the cam sensor cover back in stock?
Correct. Bracket is only compatible with these cables. We have the cam sensor covers in stock, I think we have an inventory tracking issues making them show up as out of stock. I'll get it fixed sometime this week so they're orderable again.
Old Feb 13, 2023 | 10:54 AM
EvoM Guru

@Ayoustin maybe you can make us a jacking plate for that area below the control arm bushing bracket
Old Feb 13, 2023 | 11:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Not quite sure what you mean. For getting a jack under the control arm?
Old Feb 13, 2023 | 12:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Ayoustin
Not quite sure what you mean. For getting a jack under the control arm?
around that area. bracket and bolt there destroys the padding on the floorjack
Old Feb 15, 2023 | 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

after MONTHS of being told i DONT have a coolant leak by well-respected evo shops (despite losing coolant every time I drove the car) we're narrowing down on the issue. cylinder head is off, will get remachined but apparently didn't look bad - however, headstuds for cylinder 3 and 4 were not tight, which explains a lot...
Old Feb 15, 2023 | 07:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kyoo
after MONTHS of being told i DONT have a coolant leak by well-respected evo shops (despite losing coolant every time I drove the car) we're narrowing down on the issue. cylinder head is off, will get remachined but apparently didn't look bad - however, headstuds for cylinder 3 and 4 were not tight, which explains a lot...
I have an oil leak behind the turbo. I was thinking I have a similar issue
Old Feb 15, 2023 | 08:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
I have an oil leak behind the turbo. I was thinking I have a similar issue
Check the exhaust manifold flange at the head. May just be the exhaust mani studs need resealed. A few of them, their hole go through to oil drain back galleys in the head.
The following users liked this post:
ViciousLSD (Feb 15, 2023)
Old Feb 15, 2023 | 09:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by LetsGetThisDone
Check the exhaust manifold flange at the head. May just be the exhaust mani studs need resealed. A few of them, their hole go through to oil drain back galleys in the head.
Thanks! I did not know that, it almost didn't make any sense to me. I just did a full degreasing and placed a paper towel there, to see where the leak starts. I hope that is it!
Old Feb 15, 2023 | 09:36 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

For reference,

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...fold-stud.html

Its kinda dumb that we have several bolts that go through to oil passages (or maybe not and I just don't understand why its needed) but exhaust mani and passenger side motor mount both have holes to pay attention to.
The following users liked this post:
ViciousLSD (Feb 15, 2023)

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?