Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023 | 10:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
I dont doubt that you make a good product. My main issue with poly is that over time they tend to deform around the bolt hole metal sleeve creating slack and defeating the purpose of the bushing. I noticed this with my poly front roll stop mount. The sleeve used to be a very tight fit, now it slides in and out like butter. Rubber will get softer but will hold its shape and absorb vibration much better since it has better elasticity.
Poor quality poly will absolutely do that. All of the bushings in the Torque Solution mounts on my personal car are totally whopped out, the poly they use is hilariously low quality.

Initial fitment is vital for bushing life and performance, we control our manufacturing tolerances very closely to make sure they don't wear out prematurely. Rubber is not worth it in the long run IMO and would also cost us more, which means it costs the customer more. It wouldn't give the customer the option to choose from different stiffnesses and is a pain in the *** to replace when it does wear out. Our sister company has made engines mounts for years now with a similar approach and thousands of satisfied customers so I'm entirely confident these mounts will be a notable improvement over what's currently on the market.
Old Oct 16, 2023 | 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ayoustin
Poor quality poly will absolutely do that. All of the bushings in the Torque Solution mounts on my personal car are totally whopped out, the poly they use is hilariously low quality.

Initial fitment is vital for bushing life and performance, we control our manufacturing tolerances very closely to make sure they don't wear out prematurely. Rubber is not worth it in the long run IMO and would also cost us more, which means it costs the customer more. It wouldn't give the customer the option to choose from different stiffnesses and is a pain in the *** to replace when it does wear out. Our sister company has made engines mounts for years now with a similar approach and thousands of satisfied customers so I'm entirely confident these mounts will be a notable improvement over what's currently on the market.
Fair points... my mount is from TS and I agree lol. Glad to hear you are designing your mounts to solve those issues
Old Oct 16, 2023 | 12:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Kevin.
93 tune? I got a super conservative 366HP (under new tuner 'warranty') on the same dyno (previously 360hp on a mustang dyno) with a 71hta
Old Oct 16, 2023 | 01:27 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
93 tune? I got a super conservative 366HP (under new tuner 'warranty') on the same dyno (previously 360hp on a mustang dyno) with a 71hta
Yeah, pump. Numbers were low but this looked pretty fn good.

The following users liked this post:
ViciousLSD (Oct 16, 2023)
Old Oct 17, 2023 | 10:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
Fair points... my mount is from TS and I agree lol. Glad to hear you are designing your mounts to solve those issues
the TS bushings are my oldest mods and mine still look fine
Old Oct 18, 2023 | 10:07 AM
EvoM Guru

I have cusco mounts and i got the bushings re done by a local place. The gearbox upper one and the one closest to the cam gears both like to move around so make sure you get nice big lips on yours and glue them in or they will slide out
Old Oct 19, 2023 | 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

so the <45 shootout i'm going to is next weekend (28th). I ran a 44.2 (mitigating circumstances including ~110lb passenger every run and a 2nd gear that keeps popping out when I lift) and apparently the fastest street tire time was around a 43 flat. I think I can crack into the 43s given that was my first time there, and I'm flipping the RSB from soft to middle for a little more rotation, but no other real changes planned. Same course, will be ~20-30 degrees cooler, hoping I can cut more time. I'd like a little more power-on rotation, I think my rates are good (8/12) but I think these ats carbon hybrid diffs have just been extremely underwhelming in terms of shuffling power to the outside wheels.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 04:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Decided to do a small run of billet idler pullies. Around half the weight of stock (300g vs 542g), serviceable bearing, and doesn't need the engine to be lowered to remove it like the stock pulley does. How fast these sell will determine if we make more. Shoot me a message if you'd like one.

The following 3 users liked this post by Ayoustin:
Kevin. (Oct 30, 2023), kikiturbo (Oct 30, 2023), ViciousLSD (Oct 27, 2023)
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 06:47 PM

I was window shopping for parts when I noticed K1 deleted the product page for their 94mm crankshaft. Turns out they discontinued the product, but had one final crankshaft still in stock, so I pulled the trigger and purchased it.

On an unrelated note, I haven't seen Winberg mentioned on this forum in a very long time. I called them as well to ask about their offerings, and was told they also discontinued production of their 4G63 crankshafts, but still have stock. They're $3825 each (wow).
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 08:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Something must be happening over at K1, I ordered a couple sets of rods for a Honda engine a few weeks back and was told they're discontinued yet they'd only been offering said rod for a couple of months. After talking with a contact over at Race Winning Brands (they own K1 and tons of other automotive companies) I was told they're going through some sort of restructuring but the rods should have a new part number in the near future, I would imagine it's likely a similar story with the 4G crank.
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

I'm at the lime rock park shootout and the transmission just stuck itself into second gear.. anyone have any ideas? it's the gear that's been popping out. I think we can try unshifting it or something but otherwise I may have to limp it home
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 01:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kyoo
I'm at the lime rock park shootout and the transmission just stuck itself into second gear.. anyone have any ideas? it's the gear that's been popping out. I think we can try unshifting it or something but otherwise I may have to limp it home
Pull the trans and send it out. Certainly shouldn't have been racing a car that wasn't staying in a particular gear. Something that was kinda broke finally broke all the way.
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

at least thank heavens it actually jammed in 3rd while trying to downshift to 2 probably the fork
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 08:04 PM
EvoM Guru

at least thank heavens it actually jammed in 3rd while trying to downshift to 2 probably the fork
Previously may have just been the 1-2 fork or sleeve. But it's prob worse now
Old Oct 29, 2023 | 12:21 PM
EvoM Guru

told ya I could sense that your trans is on borrowed time.
TRE seems to have a big backlog, I havent got a callback after over a month

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?