Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024 | 09:25 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
This doesn't look like its worth the time and money. Megan has OE type engine/trans mounts. I dont like stretchy rubber suspension bushings. theyre not designed for cars on jack stand for extended periods
Aiming to build the most comfortable street evo. Every bushing on this car is pretty much shot so I have my work cut out for me. This is good info.
I'm not ready for the track yet as I feel like I'd need a completely different suspension set up and would like SSB uprights. Not a brand ***** per say but no way I'm running anything Megan Racing lol
Old Mar 15, 2024 | 10:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by RobbieOh
They are designed for the Group N class to add durability. Maybe the rules for Group N are more strict for what can be changed, I have the rear crossmember bushing and it is holding up well, and will be doing the engine mount inserts once I move and have space for a press. I think I would rather have these than poly tho.
I got poly transmission mount and just threw it away, went back to OE (megan). poly sucks in that area
The following users liked this post:
RobbieOh (Mar 15, 2024)
Old Mar 15, 2024 | 10:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Kevin.
Not a brand *****
yes you are lol j/k
I dont know man. Megan and even GSP seems alright. They dont have powerful "JDM weapon" names but I have good experience with their cheap parts
Old Mar 15, 2024 | 11:01 AM

I got poly transmission mount and just threw it away, went back to OE (megan). poly sucks in that area
I'm excited to try out Austin's motor mounts. I bought a brand new oe timing and trans mount and still running a worn blox front and a wasted rear dogbone. Found an oil leak from the pan with a 4G64 gasket and using those ****ty hex bolts instead of flanged head oe oil pan bolts. Flywheel cover plate bolts backed out. Looks like intake manifold stay bolts are the same luckily.

yes you are lol j/k
I dont know man. Megan and even GSP seems alright. They dont have powerful "JDM weapon" names but I have good experience with their cheap parts
lol busted! I've worked in aftermarket parts for a while and the old adage 'you get what you pay for' could ring truer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin.:
Ayoustin (Mar 15, 2024), ViciousLSD (Mar 15, 2024)
Old Mar 15, 2024 | 11:28 AM
EvoM Guru

I'm excited to try out Austin's motor mounts. I bought a brand new oe timing and trans mount and still running a worn blox front and a wasted rear dogbone. Found an oil leak from the pan with a 4G64 gasket and using those ****ty hex bolts instead of flanged head oe oil pan bolts. Flywheel cover plate bolts backed out. Looks like intake manifold stay bolts are the same luckily.
I keep reading worn poly mounts in here. not sure what you guys are doing my dogbone is the original one and all the others were fine when I replace them with poly. I went Megan on the trans mount since its a convenient way to go back to rubber.
I could try Austin's stuff, but I really dont like evil clowns lol

and the old adage 'you get what you pay for' could ring truer.
In the car&coffee world, you'll get more mileage with name brands, even wtih lame crap like Mishimoto. its all about the name dropping ya know
My experience is opposite. I prefer disposeable parts, tools etc
My megan toe arms already lost all of its paint and still holding strong. my GSP control arms could use a new paint also. maybe i'll get SSB later when it comes in the same color as the trailing arm
Old Mar 15, 2024 | 01:44 PM

I'm about to add that jester sticker to my rear window haha

Seems to be that my car was dyno tuned on a failing fuel pump. Replaced pump and cant see anything higher than 9.5 at wot. Gonna need a new fuel map.
I know I'm like 15 years late to the party but I understand why y'all learned to do this **** yourself. Getting contacted back from a tuner in 2024 is like trying to reach the President. Not to mention 2.5 times more expensive than in 2009.

Last edited by Kevin.; Apr 2, 2024 at 10:07 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

So got the whiteline metal bushing installed on my control arms. Trying to install em and there is a little gap when I try to attach it to the subframe. I'm guessing I will need spacers to fill the gap difference? And if so does it matter if the spacers go on the top or bottom of the bushing?
Attached Thumbnails Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?-img_8532.jpg  
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 09:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
So got the whiteline metal bushing installed on my control arms. Trying to install em and there is a little gap when I try to attach it to the subframe. I'm guessing I will need spacers to fill the gap difference? And if so does it matter if the spacers go on the top or bottom of the bushing?
whereever its needed so that when the control arm swings it does not touch the bracket
The following users liked this post:
CaptainSquirts (Mar 25, 2024)
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

whereever its needed so that when the control arm swings it does not touch the bracket
Good call, it would've smacked the bracket good when going full extension.

Last edited by CaptainSquirts; Mar 25, 2024 at 11:45 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

I cannot get the rear bushings on the front control arm in with these metal bushings. Anyone got any tips on how to get them in? Spent like 3 hours trying to and I’m toast.
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 05:39 PM
EvoM Guru

you mean front bushings? install the front first (lots of lube on the bolt so sticktion doesnt grab the bolt and loosen it)
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

The fat rear bushing on the front control arm
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

The fat rear bushing on the front control arm

Like you can’t press it in? You definitely need a good shop press and a good bushing installed set to get these in
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

The bushings are installed, but I cant get the bolt to go all the way through into the sub frame.
Old Mar 25, 2024 | 06:52 PM
EvoM Guru

The bushings are installed, but I cant get the bolt to go all the way through into the sub frame.
thats because the front bushing is still round

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?