Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2024 | 08:57 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by kyoo
Not a car update, but I was riding my motorcycle in Manhattan on Friday night when a mother****er rear-ended me. I was mid-turn getting onto FDR, not at a stop. Thrown off the bike, landed on my left hip. Went to pick up the bike, move it out of the way and the mother****er took off. NJ license plate. And of course NY is a no-fault state.

Hope we get the son of a *****. Stay safe out there yall.
Oh man, hope you're alright. That sucks people cant own up to their mistakes. Hope the person finds some extreme karma.
Old Oct 7, 2024 | 09:02 AM
EvoM Guru

that sucks @kyoo possibly getting rear ended is the reason I shut out bikes from my life
Old Oct 7, 2024 | 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
that sucks @kyoo possibly getting rear ended is the reason I shut out bikes from my life
Once I got married and had a kid I had to hang up my saddle too. But at least the wife is 100% for us having fun cars.
Old Oct 7, 2024 | 10:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Once I got married and had a kid I had to hang up my saddle too. But at least the wife is 100% for us having fun cars.
I'm sure its a hard decision especially living in lush environments.I've seen too many people "scarred for life". My neighbor has been dead-inside for 10years and hasn't picked up ANY hobbies after his accident (car on a flashing yellow turn didnt see him).
Old Oct 10, 2024 | 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
I sold my crotch rocket years ago then went to a super moto. Had some issues with the cops so I sold it. Something about having kids does that to ya.
Old Yesterday | 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

yea.. my hip is still giving off a dull ache, back hurts if i spend any amount of time shooting pool. bike's gonna be gone in repairs for at least a month. ebike's got a flat and due to the weird tire size it's taking long to get the tube replaced. evo's been in detroit since... i forget. Sequoia is still chugging along thankfully. I've got 4 vehicles in NYC and 3 of them are out of commission lmao. rode the subway this morning, and forgot how much farther I had to walk after to get into the office, which has aggravated my hip.

I'm getting back on the bike as soon as I get it back.
Old Yesterday | 11:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kyoo
yea.. my hip is still giving off a dull ache, back hurts if i spend any amount of time shooting pool. bike's gonna be gone in repairs for at least a month. ebike's got a flat and due to the weird tire size it's taking long to get the tube replaced. evo's been in detroit since... i forget. Sequoia is still chugging along thankfully. I've got 4 vehicles in NYC and 3 of them are out of commission lmao. rode the subway this morning, and forgot how much farther I had to walk after to get into the office, which has aggravated my hip.

I'm getting back on the bike as soon as I get it back.
err where do you keep 4 vehicles in NYC? I had 2 at a time and both parked outdoors. I had to keep moving one due to street cleaning
Old Yesterday | 12:03 PM
EvoM Guru

my next project is wiring/plumbing for a whole house generator. we have small lots so i will need to design a good 'overengineered' quiet box, I've seen a lot of the DIY videos but its hard to tell if theyre quiet enough for me. is it worth it to have vibration dampening (maybe a couple of valve springs) on the floor instead of just the plain concrete pad? I've never owned a generator before. TAI
Old Yesterday | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

err where do you keep 4 vehicles in NYC? I had 2 at a time and both parked outdoors. I had to keep moving one due to street cleaning
My apartment has a parking garage where I can store the e-bike and motorcycle for free with parking one of the cars. I street park one car but it helps that one car is gone more than it's here, lmao.
Old Yesterday | 09:15 PM
EvoM Guru

my next project is wiring/plumbing for a whole house generator. we have small lots so i will need to design a good 'overengineered' quiet box, I've seen a lot of the DIY videos but its hard to tell if theyre quiet enough for me. is it worth it to have vibration dampening (maybe a couple of valve springs) on the floor instead of just the plain concrete pad? I've never owned a generator before. TAI
If you're in a situation where you need a whole house genny, you're not going to care much about the noise.

Also, most of them come with mounts.
Old Today | 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

Project for next year is to stroke out my 4G63T to 2.3,, twin disc clutch, new rims/tyres and front seats.
Old Today | 09:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by LetsGetThisDone
If you're in a situation where you need a whole house genny, you're not going to care much about the noise.
My thoughts exactly. How often is the power going out and for how long?

If silence is a priority, I'd look into modern battery storage systems. They take up less space, don't have a motor to maintain, and they're infinitely quieter. They're more expensive, but if you're going to great lengths to try to silence a motorized generator then I'd at least price out a suitable battery system first. They've dropped in price a lot.

Or use this as an excuse to buy an F-150 Lightning with bidirectional charging. Use that as your battery. Probably not quite enough for whole house backup but you could do a subpanel.
Old Today | 10:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Construct
My thoughts exactly. How often is the power going out and for how long?

If silence is a priority, I'd look into modern battery storage systems. They take up less space, don't have a motor to maintain, and they're infinitely quieter. They're more expensive, but if you're going to great lengths to try to silence a motorized generator then I'd at least price out a suitable battery system first. They've dropped in price a lot.

Or use this as an excuse to buy an F-150 Lightning with bidirectional charging. Use that as your battery. Probably not quite enough for whole house backup but you could do a subpanel.
A Tesla powerwall + solar would be cool. But I do think they're significantly more money than a home genny.

Like this only $5k, runs on natural gas. So you can hook it up to the local utility, but also install an NG storage tank if your local code allows it. And it's only 70db at full power.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-2...-QS6/322324621