Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019 | 10:40 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Its a really quick and easy check. If you adjust the rod at the pedal too long is when you run into issues which would be trying to raise the pedal. If you go too far it leads to inconsistent pedal engagement point and pedal pump-up. If you dont have that, then its probably adjusted fine.

But that valve will probably prevent motive from doing too much bleeding. Might be wrong, but would be easy to test by slightly pressing in the pedal to get off that valve with the motiv pressurized and clutch bleed open.
Old Aug 21, 2019 | 12:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Its a really quick and easy check. If you adjust the rod at the pedal too long is when you run into issues which would be trying to raise the pedal. If you go too far it leads to inconsistent pedal engagement point and pedal pump-up. If you dont have that, then its probably adjusted fine.

But that valve will probably prevent motive from doing too much bleeding. Might be wrong, but would be easy to test by slightly pressing in the pedal to get off that valve with the motiv pressurized and clutch bleed open.
u put the car in gear with the car turned off. push the pedal all the way down and get somebody to roll the car forward. you lift the clutch pedal till the car engages into gear and cant be pushed anymore. you should have around 1cm of travel left in the pedal after this point.
Old Aug 21, 2019 | 12:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ayoustin
This is the first I've heard of this. I bleed my clutch with my motiv bleeder by compressing the slave which helps to push out any air that's after the bleeder. I'm wondering if this may have played a part to my trigger wheel wiping out my crank sensor.
nope not possible. ud need like 5mm of crank walk to do that and that would basically mean ur thrust washers no longer exist lol.

Most likely cause of this is when you get dirt or a small stone etc caught in there.
Old Aug 21, 2019 | 12:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by bee-raddd
nope not possible. ud need like 5mm of crank walk to do that and that would basically mean ur thrust washers no longer exist lol.

Most likely cause of this is when you get dirt or a small stone etc caught in there.
Seeing as it's happened twice now I don't think it's a stone or debris. You only need about .040" (about 1mm) to wipe out the crank sensor with the trigger wheel, I've measured. My thrust measured at .005" so I'm still not quite sure what's going on. Won't know for a while either unfortunately.
Old Aug 21, 2019 | 08:47 PM
EvoM Guru

I ordered parts for all four endlinks from McMaster racing.

If I do the front links, I might also re-drill the stock FSB. I've never played with FSB adjustments before, so it might be nice to adjust it a bit and see what happens.
Old Aug 21, 2019 | 09:39 PM
EvoM Guru

i had a small nick in my trigger plate which was wiping out sensors for me. replaced the plate and never had an issue since. maybe try that?
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

He replaced the sensor but it still got taken out in short order. Strange situation screams crankwalk yet the measurements suggest otherwise. Sucky situation...
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 08:59 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Its not an OEM crank right? Making me wonder if its miss-machined or something.
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Don't want to speak on his behalf bc seems I misquote in misinform but IIRC hes on OEM 88mm crank. Also, what strikes me as odd was if it were machined wrong youd think it would fail immediately and in this case I think it worked until it didnt then replaced and failed again in short order. To me that means something changed.
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 09:27 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by Construct
I ordered parts for all four endlinks from McMaster racing.

If I do the front links, I might also re-drill the stock FSB. I've never played with FSB adjustments before, so it might be nice to adjust it a bit and see what happens.
Out of curiosity, why do all four links? Also, Cusco makes brackets that allow for adjustment if you decide you don't wanna try to drill through the bar.
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 09:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Eric is on the money. Original stock crank. Replaced the sensor and trigger wheel. Got a full day on track of it running great before it bit the dust with no warning.
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 09:32 AM
kaj

Eric is on the money. Original stock crank. Replaced the sensor and trigger wheel. Got a full day on track of it running great before it bit the dust with no warning.
WTF? I'm super curious as to what the cause could be. Belt moving? I doubt it, but....
There's only so many things that can cause this. Good luck, dude. Wish I knew enough to help.
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 10:00 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
Out of curiosity, why do all four links? Also, Cusco makes brackets that allow for adjustment if you decide you don't wanna try to drill through the bar.
Most of the nuts and bolts come in packs of 5-10 from McMaster. It was only about $20 extra to get the rod ends to do the front links too. I probably won't install them, but now I've got the parts on hand if I ever need them.

Last edited by Construct; Aug 22, 2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 12:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
WTF? I'm super curious as to what the cause could be. Belt moving? I doubt it, but....
There's only so many things that can cause this. Good luck, dude. Wish I knew enough to help.
I imagine I'll find a smoking gun when I get the chance to pull the motor back apart but for now the car is taking a backseat while I try to find a new job and get moved into a new place which will hopefully have enough room to work on the car.
Old Aug 22, 2019 | 12:17 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Construct
Most of the nuts and bolts come in packs of 5-10 from McMaster. It was only about $20 extra to get the rod ends to do the front links too. I probably won't install them, but now I've got the parts on hand if I ever need them.
Makes sense. I was actually wondering the reason for putting links on both ends of each bar.

I imagine I'll find a smoking gun when I get the chance to pull the motor back apart but for now the car is taking a backseat while I try to find a new job and get moved into a new place which will hopefully have enough room to work on the car.
Frustrating. Good luck on everything. It'll all workout
I just stayed a new job this week...a little stressful. Career change...

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?