Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020 | 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

I've used the plastic ties this whole time on both rad and oil slim fans. Tons of vibrations and rocks and dirt and they won't "just break". They will wear from the heat and flexing faster then failing. That being said I keep spares and I've only had to replace 1 or 2 every other season. Like other zip ties, quality is not the same across the board. For example the fancy ones from Summit broke just by pulling on them then the ones from Advanced which have lasted forever.
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 07:58 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Balrok
I've used the plastic ties this whole time on both rad and oil slim fans. Tons of vibrations and rocks and dirt and they won't "just break". They will wear from the heat and flexing faster then failing. That being said I keep spares and I've only had to replace 1 or 2 every other season. Like other zip ties, quality is not the same across the board. For example the fancy ones from Summit broke just by pulling on them then the ones from Advanced which have lasted forever.
Thats what actually spurred me to ask. Somewhere in my garage is a set but after 30+ minutes of searching I couldnt find them. So I looked online and saw just a bunch of people talking about the straps breaking just looking at them. Dont care how many set you have of that, if that fails on track that could be tragic.

So the local auto store you think has the better quality?
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

The factory rad has spots to accept the factory fan so you should be able to come up with a creative bracket to attach there. Alternatively you have a spot on the front for a pusher where the AC fan goes that also has potential to rig something up. I have a CBRD rad that came with a small puller but needed more cooling to prevent heat soak in the pits. Im not a fan of those plastic guys, so opted to make brackets for a 13" SPAL pusher in the front. A shroud would have been even better but this seems to have done the trick for me.

Old Feb 3, 2020 | 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Thats what actually spurred me to ask. Somewhere in my garage is a set but after 30+ minutes of searching I couldnt find them. So I looked online and saw just a bunch of people talking about the straps breaking just looking at them. Dont care how many set you have of that, if that fails on track that could be tragic.

So the local auto store you think has the better quality?
Shocking right, but yes getting well know brands of plastic is a safe bet. I've even made a plug so that the whole rad/fan comes out as one piece because I got sick of cutting them off. So at this point that 13" 2.5kcfm fan has been on there for over 2 years. Because weight savings guys
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 12:10 PM
EvoM Guru

a few have asked how I plan to log ACD line pressure. Well I already had an AN line from my Pump relocation so I just address a sensor to the banjo. It might have been better to have a 90 of the banjo fitting, then sensor, then straight on the line. But this was all I needed to add sensor inline.

Old Feb 3, 2020 | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, good stuff. That fitting looks just like the inline FPR adapter fittings. Also, pick a color man and stick to it lmao!
The following users liked this post:
wanabgts (Feb 4, 2020)
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 12:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Great idea, looking forward to seeing what the logs look like.
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

a few have asked how I plan to log ACD line pressure. Well I already had an AN line from my Pump relocation so I just address a sensor to the banjo. It might have been better to have a 90 of the banjo fitting, then sensor, then straight on the line. But this was all I needed to add sensor inline.
Perhaps, logging the values from the computer, so you can synchronize them, would be beneficial as well...I thought you already do that, but...
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 12:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Thanks Dallas.

Where did you source the sensor?
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 01:18 PM
EvoM Guru

lol @ the colors. I couldnt find the banjo fitting in black back in the day when I relocated things and the -6 - AN T-fitting was also hard to find. Anplumbing has eveyrthing but had to made do with a color mish-mash. The sensor is just a standard 3 wire 0-150 or 0-300 psi (i'll have to re-look that up) sensor.

As for logging, I havent found a way to log the stock ECU. So Im going to have to log vehicle parameters to compare where on the MAP I should be and the output pressure Im getting. Hopefully this results

EDIT: Heres the sensor. https://www.autosportlabs.com/produc...essure-sensor/
The following users liked this post:
Construct (Feb 3, 2020)
Old Feb 3, 2020 | 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

As for logging, I havent found a way to log the stock ECU. So Im going to have to log vehicle parameters to compare where on the MAP I should be and the output pressure Im getting. Hopefully this results

EDIT: Heres the sensor. https://www.autosportlabs.com/produc...essure-sensor/
You can log the ACD ECU if that is what you mean... just need Evoscan and the proper cable.. Syncing it with external logger is another problem though..
Old Feb 4, 2020 | 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...x-psh-m-evo6-9

does anyone know what line this replaces/what this does?
Old Feb 4, 2020 | 03:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Looks like the high pressure line from the pump to the rack.
Old Feb 4, 2020 | 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Looks like the high pressure line from the pump to the rack.
i mean it's just a ps line, no real improvement or anything i assume. map suggested it when i was mentioning that my rack is rubbing against fsb again, prob causing the popping.
Old Feb 4, 2020 | 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Dallas be interesting to see what pressures you see with the sensor logging.
Logging all my modes I see 55ma and 1a at wot in each.
But I'd say that's just tps 14% to 100% instantly in my A maps.
The ma response up and down between accel and decel is really quick.
Having the RS rear I'm guessing my pressure supply must be fine.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Fall Projects?