Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
10 minutes later, trying finding that kind of info on facebook lol.

Hella flush. I suppose the ash tray is now the "cable access cover" lol.

Edit: But it is odd....so they'll let you run modified to hell JUST so long as you APPEAR stock.....appearing......ish. ROFL.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
Since I havent gotten to do some of the racing I wanted to Im sitting on a PILE of case in the race budge . Looking at changing the steering wheel and doing a taller shifter. Big thing I want to do is get the wheel about 2" closer so I can move back. Hard to tell on the spacing of everything but seems a standard offset wheel with the NRG adapter and quick release puts me around further back the OEM position?

For shifter, the IRP seems to be the way to go for minimal trimming of the center console.
I run a 3" spacer with an NRG adapter and quick release. It puts the wheel in a great spot, however I like to sit quite close, so depending on your preference a 2' may be better. This is kind of a crappy photo, but you can see how far the wheel is back..

Old Jun 22, 2020, 01:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
i also run around a 3" spacer then a NRG quick release and boss kit. But i also have a pedal box mounted to the floor and have my seat quite far back so its all personal preference.

Remove ur wheel assy sit in the car bend ur arms with wheel in hand nice n close and get somebody to measure the gap for you.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
First race of my season is this coming weekend. One of my coilovers decided to spit out all its fluid last night on the way home....

I dropped it off at the manufacture this morning and I am supposed to have it back tomorrow, hopefully...
Old Jun 22, 2020, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
I've decided to switch back to girodisc s/s pads from st43s - the st43s are so grabby, it is making it difficult to get in the really delicate trail braking in without stopping the car. just putting that out there
Old Jun 22, 2020, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
First race of my season is this coming weekend. One of my coilovers decided to spit out all its fluid last night on the way home....

I dropped it off at the manufacture this morning and I am supposed to have it back tomorrow, hopefully...
Yup. 2020 just don't know when to quit.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Yup. 2020 just don't know when to quit.
Ya hopefully next year will be better. At this point I am calling 2020 a half year of practice. I think they are still recording points this year but we will see.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 08:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
I've decided to switch back to girodisc s/s pads from st43s - the st43s are so grabby, it is making it difficult to get in the really delicate trail braking in without stopping the car. just putting that out there
The S/S pads will not hold up to road course duty. I got them to fade on mountain roads in my Ex's X MR...
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Jun 23, 2020)
Old Jun 23, 2020, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
The S/S pads will not hold up to road course duty. I got them to fade on mountain roads in my Ex's X MR...
they held up last time i drove them, maybe depends on condition & track. unless you guys have other suggestions for lower mu/easier to modulate track pads
Old Jun 23, 2020, 08:38 AM
EvoM Guru

they held up last time i drove them, maybe depends on condition & track. unless you guys have other suggestions for lower mu/easier to modulate track pads
Idk, I have not issue modulating my ST43's..
Old Jun 23, 2020, 08:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
Personally, I haven't had any problems modulating the ST43s.

Their specified coefficient of friction isn't that high and it stays relatively flat over the temperature range: https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybes...formation.html

Were you running them on all four corners or just up front? If you were only running them up front, I wonder if maybe you didn't like the altered brake bias with mismatched pads
Old Jun 23, 2020, 09:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah, I run them in both the front and rear.

I don't see how the S/S pads would hold up on track unless you're not very fast (this is not meant as an insult).
Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
I used to run the S/S pads all around for autox duty. I don't recall what I was using for tires at the time but I liked them up until one event where I cooked them and essentially lost brakes. Sure the car stopped but the pedal basically went to the floor as she causally slowed down with me like 30' off course well past the corner lol! In fairness they were starting to get thin as in around 50% life left but I wouldn't think that would make a huge difference for autox.

I then went to St43s in the front and was pretty satisfied with those. Bite seemed pretty similar to the S/S pads maybe slightly more but honestly didn't feel all that different. However, the ST43's just dont give up. I then put St43s in the rear and seemed to like that even more, Front didnt dive as hard, easier to basically stand on the brakes and car was much more composed vs the back end wiggling.

The S/S pads are a good pad for aggressive street driving and maybe some autox duty depending on power, tires and the venue (my local lot, Devens is fast). But as far as road course duty, I dont see you getting more than a couple laps at best before they start to fade.

Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
In fairness they were starting to get thin as in around 50% life left but I wouldn't think that would make a huge difference for autox.
If the pads were fading that badly, I don't know how much extra pad thickness would have helped. Extra thermal mass in the pads gives you extra margin, but obviously the hottest point is where the pad material meets the disc.

I replace my ST43s when they approach 40-50% thickness, but I'm doing it because I want the extra insulation between the brake disc and my brake fluid.

Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

may just be me needing to get used to it, I'm just trying to trail in as light as possible and I think I end up overslowing the car. May just need to get off hard brakes right after and try to lightly trail in the rest as much as possible.

this was my lap on the s/s, but to be fair, yes it was a cooler day - ambient around high 60s low 70s IIRC.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?