Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
Castrol SRF is holding up well. Pedal still gets slightly soft after a couple of 20 minute sessions, but a quick brake bleed during the lunch break fixes that.

I really just need to upgrade the brakes, but more important things keep taking precedence over the car.

Still amazed that I can drive it to the track, wail on it all day in 100F heat, and drive home with 95K miles on the car. I always wonder which track day will be the last for the stock motor, but it keeps on ticking. Stock boost levels, high altitude, and diligent maintenance probably have a lot to do with that.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Oooo, pretty. Ya I was looking at the MXS dash ecu plugins and that looks pretty plug and play. The danger of having a knob is the temptation to keep turning it to catch a car in front lol.
Yea one of the things I like about the Elite series is the ability to be plug n play with a stock harness but still be able to accept a custom harness in the future without having to change anything on the ecu.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
Castrol SRF is holding up well. Pedal still gets slightly soft after a couple of 20 minute sessions, but a quick brake bleed during the lunch break fixes that.

I really just need to upgrade the brakes, but more important things keep taking precedence over the car.

Still amazed that I can drive it to the track, wail on it all day in 100F heat, and drive home with 95K miles on the car. I always wonder which track day will be the last for the stock motor, but it keeps on ticking. Stock boost levels, high altitude, and diligent maintenance probably have a lot to do with that.
Or you're driving miss daisy
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Balrok
Or you're driving miss daisy
Shots fired.

I drive it like I've already budgeted for an engine rebuild. I should take that budget and send it all to Dallas for some SSB parts, but the minute I'm sure the minute I do that the engine will throw a rod or something.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 01:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Shots fired.

I drive it like I've already budgeted for an engine rebuild. I should take that budget and send it all to Dallas for some SSB parts, but the minute I'm sure the minute I do that the engine will throw a rod or something.
That is 100% exact how it goes. Murphy's Law, I think it is.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts

what brakes are you on?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 02:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kyoo
what brakes are you on?
They're like the stock Brembos, but instead of red, they're black.

ST43 pads, Castrol SRF
Old Jul 13, 2020, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

ST43 pads, Castrol SRF
X calipers did wonders for me, very affordable too.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 03:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts

ST43 pads, Castrol SRF
Have you tried ST47's yet?

What tires are you running?

Back when I had stock brembos on my heavy as F Evo 10, the ST47's where a large difference compared to 43's on NT01's.

Old Jul 13, 2020, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

oh do you have the oem cooling plates too? those actually did make a marginal difference for me
Old Jul 13, 2020, 04:00 PM
EvoM Guru

X calipers did wonders for me, very affordable too.
Currently debating between X calipers and a custom Wilwood Aero6 setup. X calipers would be the right choice for a smart person, so I'll probably end up with the Aero6 setup.

Originally Posted by razorlab
Have you tried ST47's yet?

What tires are you running?

Back when I had stock brembos on my heavy as F Evo 10, the ST47's where a large difference compared to 43's on NT01's.
255 Hankook R-S4s, switching to 275 RC-1s as soon as I can finish dealing with all of the clearance issues. Currently dealing with interference at the back of the wheel well. Either need to remove all of my additional caster at the top plates or get some adjustable lower arms to move the wheel forward.

The ST47s are holding up okay. Previously, the fluid was my problem.

oh do you have the oem cooling plates too? those actually did make a marginal difference for me
The air deflector piece that mounts to the suspension? I've been wondering if those actually work or if they're too insignificant to make a difference. Maybe I'll try them out.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 04:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
Cleared up a couple issues stopping me from getting parts in. Chase flagged my Nengun order yesterday but now a Blitz intercooler is on the way. I also had ordered some gloss black ZE40s last week but the order got hung up. After some time on the phone with them today we had to check stock in Japan but at the end of it a set of 18x12 ZE40s in Mag Blue were ordered up. I was back and forth between gloss black and mag blue so I guess the universe decided for me. Now I only have to wait 6-9 weeks for all my overnight parts from Japan.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 05:49 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by terror rising
Cleared up a couple issues stopping me from getting parts in. Chase flagged my Nengun order yesterday but now a Blitz intercooler is on the way. I also had ordered some gloss black ZE40s last week but the order got hung up. After some time on the phone with them today we had to check stock in Japan but at the end of it a set of 18x12 ZE40s in Mag Blue were ordered up. I was back and forth between gloss black and mag blue so I guess the universe decided for me. Now I only have to wait 6-9 weeks for all my overnight parts from Japan.
I have a Blitz intercooler and love the thing. Looks and works GREAT. Great choice on the Mag Blue. Those are always awesome.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Currently debating between X calipers and a custom Wilwood Aero6 setup. X calipers would be the right choice for a smart person, so I'll probably end up with the Aero6 setup.

255 Hankook R-S4s, switching to 275 RC-1s as soon as I can finish dealing with all of the clearance issues. Currently dealing with interference at the back of the wheel well. Either need to remove all of my additional caster at the top plates or get some adjustable lower arms to move the wheel forward.

The ST47s are holding up okay. Previously, the fluid was my problem.

The air deflector piece that mounts to the suspension? I've been wondering if those actually work or if they're too insignificant to make a difference. Maybe I'll try them out.
i would say marginal. when i burnt out my brakes one track day (before i started powdercoating my calipers) it was the difference between one pad smoking and the other not. i had autox'ed the week before and broken one side, and tracked like that thinking there'd be no difference
Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:10 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Some of ya'll give me crap about the springs I have, but 800/1450 still aint enough! We make a beefy amount of grip.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dallas J:
alpinaturbo (Jul 13, 2020), Chrispy0530 (Jul 14, 2020)

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?