Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 05:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Just emailed Radium. They don't sell pumps alone and they won't comment on what the pumps look like that they package with their other products.
I’ve bought a ton of pumps from them and they literally have single pumps listed on their website...

did you call the same Radium? Lol

http://www.radiumauto.com/Universal-...umps-C104.aspx
Old Nov 10, 2020, 05:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
I’ve bought a ton of pumps from them and they literally have single pumps listed on their website...

did you call the same Radium? Lol

http://www.radiumauto.com/Universal-...umps-C104.aspx
"Sorry, we are currently not selling bulk pumps." And when I persisted with a follow-up email: "We do not re-sell bulk (individual) pumps."

Signed "Radium Engineering LLC, www.radiumauto.com"

I even told them I was installing a Radium fuel rail. Didn't make a difference.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 07:47 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Must be a supply issue or something. They have all the pumps listed on the site but no way to add them to cart. I bought an individual pump from them back in feb.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Alum for exhaust is fail mode as well. I sold my alum STM 3 years back because it flexed so much you couldn't keep bolts on it. It's not made to get HOOOTTT or stay that way for ANY length of time. That and after 1 weekend it got 3 dents in it from just normal track rocks. Shortly after STM backed it down to "drag racing only" and ultimately stopped selling it about 6 months later I believe. I suppose I've had all 3 of their exhausts in the last couple years lol. Ti has crazy heat shielding/sheding properties too. After a qualifying run of 5-6 laps at full tilt with no cool down laps I can come into the pits, shut the car off, and 60 seconds later put your hand flat on the exhaust and it's just warm to the touch. Amazing stuff.
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Nov 10, 2020)
Old Nov 10, 2020, 02:32 PM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Looking at STM's site....that Tomei Ti exhaust @ < $1000 may be a winner, since I'm in no hurry.
Under 11lbs is also nice.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 03:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
The Tomei is not quiet, which is what i think Kyoo is going for.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 04:56 PM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
The Tomei is not quiet, which is what i think Kyoo is going for.
Not surprised with that baby muffler. I remember my Buschur......
Old Nov 10, 2020, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
yea i'm working something out with a local ti fab shop, getting quotes for now. i think half the ti welders i've spoken with so far get their stuff from Ticon
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Check out RK Titanium for a nice Ti Evo exhaust. That's what I have. Everyone has a different tolerance for loud but with a test pipe resonator I think it's reasonable for a modified car.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

That's what I would have done if I had to "build it". Save the money on the expensive Ti muffler and make it straight all the way back and play with the test pipe section for res/muff on days I need it quiet. Saves a ton of room back there to do the diffuser properly.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
The consensus however is that a muffler in the cat section isnt nearly as effective as out back in stock location. I dabbled with the concept of a quiet lightweight exhaust but in the end I sold the Tomei and put back on my RMR and took the weight hit. I hate sounds restrictions. Like I get it but its still annoying. As it stands I can barely meet sound at our local venue with my exhaust which includes 2 resonators and a muffler in the catback portion along with a burns muffler where the cat is AND a turndown. My catback is super old so the packing is probably nonexistant but its wild that my car is still considered loud.

Custom Ti exhaust sounds like $$$. You're probably better off starting with a Tomei and then just welding in some additional mufflers. Of course the wall thickness on the Tomei is paper thin (light) but that also makes for more noise. Curious what you come up with here as I still want to do something but as Dallas mentioned, were talking weight on the bottom rear of the car so its quite possibly the least important place to pull it.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
The consensus however is that a muffler in the cat section isnt nearly as effective as out back in stock location. I dabbled with the concept of a quiet lightweight exhaust but in the end I sold the Tomei and put back on my RMR and took the weight hit. I hate sounds restrictions. Like I get it but its still annoying. As it stands I can barely meet sound at our local venue with my exhaust which includes 2 resonators and a muffler in the catback portion along with a burns muffler where the cat is AND a turndown. My catback is super old so the packing is probably nonexistant but its wild that my car is still considered loud.

Custom Ti exhaust sounds like $$$. You're probably better off starting with a Tomei and then just welding in some additional mufflers. Of course the wall thickness on the Tomei is paper thin (light) but that also makes for more noise. Curious what you come up with here as I still want to do something but as Dallas mentioned, were talking weight on the bottom rear of the car so its quite possibly the least important place to pull it.

The Tomei uses slip joints so if you keep with those style of connections you wouldn't need to weld necessarily. I agree the wall thickness is very thin.....I can bend the edges on the connections almost by hand. One of the best ways I found of decreasing exhaust noise at WOT is actually to run lower boost.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Just picked up project X from the shop with all the trans/clutch work. Can't tell you how happy it makes one to daily a turbo car with the "woosh" sound again. Everything tight and neat, I put new brakes, lines, calipers, coils, bush's, the works. However....both back RPF's are out of round, so to get two more or to change it up..hmm. This one, on topic, has a VERY well built Ti exhaust out of a company called TopSpeed in CA where it has two little resonators in the left and right sections before it bends back towards the bumper. No cats, no muffler, hopefully the emissions guy doesn't use the mirror and only scans codes lol. But I can attest it it quieter then my 9 STM and quieter then any Tomei. But it would still blow sound at any track I'm sure. All I'd have to do here is add the test section.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
Since we are on the subject of titanium, I have a quick question for you guys. How many of you use the ti brake pad shims? Any noticeable difference? I got a full set but havent put them on yet.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 04:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
JHowever....both back RPF's are out of round, so to get two more or to change it up..hmm.
My local wheel repair guy does amazing work on bent wheels for very reasonable prices. Might be worth getting them fixed. Plenty good for DD use.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?