Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 06:53 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Do any of you guys use the Quickjacks? Costco has the 5000lb rated ones on sale for $1200. I dont have enough room in my garage for a real lift so I was hoping these would work well enough. I need to buy myself a b-day present this month and was thinking those should do. Thoughts?
I have the MaxJax. Best investment for my garage, ever.

This is with me sitting on a 5gal bucket, under the car. It works well, if in a garage with limited space above, due to trusses.

Old Mar 9, 2021, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
That MaxJax looks amazing. Pretty sure I need that in my life.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
Yep, looking like the MaxJax is going to be the way to go. Maybe when that stimulus check hits haha.

Well guys, I dont know if any of you follow my build thread but I am selling my Evo. Its going back to stock so if any of you want parts, let me know. I know some of you have been talking about making a switch to the Infinity ECU. I have the 508 and the PnP adapter for a IX and a bunch of sensor for logging. Also have a brand new stroker kit, cams, springs, turbo and a bunch of other new stuff. Car was a full bolt on car, engine and suspension wise. Let me know, if not, wait for the for sale thread.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Just realized Maxjax was bought out by Bendpak. If I had known they were going to redesign it, I would have waited. Oh well.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
As far as I recall Bendpak has always been MaxJax, just another division. I find comfort in such a well known lift maker behind it rather then MJ being a "net new" company.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 01:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
i went the other way and purchased a set of air jacks. and im just going to make extension stands which go under the car then you retract the air jacks put a block in through a slot on your safety stand and then extend the air jacks again and you can keep stacking this way
Old Mar 10, 2021, 01:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Carbonetics Forged Carbon Fenders came in a few weeks ago. Need to get them wrapped in PPF before mounting them though. Removed my Air Conditioning last weekend. Waiting for the new belt and some other miscellaneous bits to come in from MAP. Ended up owing this year so no tax return coming in to speed the build up.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bee-raddd
i went the other way and purchased a set of air jacks. and im just going to make extension stands which go under the car then you retract the air jacks put a block in through a slot on your safety stand and then extend the air jacks again and you can keep stacking this way
The problem then is coming "down" isn't it. They don't exactly retract slowly, slamming down on a "stack" instead of the tires?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
someone buy my os giken!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 01:59 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Feels like in USA theres just a handful of people still racing these cans... Value probably priced them right out of competition. My international sales now exceed my US sales by a good margin.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
My spring 2021 project is gonna become a summer 2021 project. It was already a 2020 project so why not take longer. Backorders have been a b!tch for my build. I'm at least getting my garage back in shape to have room for the engine stand, hoist, and new long block. Only problem now is starting my new job on Monday and not having the time to pull my bottom end and trans out and do the swap. Even worse when there's no help.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin. (Mar 13, 2021)
Old Mar 13, 2021, 07:21 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
I have used the quikjacks on E30/E46 bmws. There's enough room for simple exhaust and maintenance work but not much else unless you're narrow af. That MaxJax looks well worth it in price if you have the right space. What's the lowest ceiling you can use that bad boy with?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Feels like in USA theres just a handful of people still racing these cans... Value probably priced them right out of competition. My international sales now exceed my US sales by a good margin.
Pretty much. The rarity went through the roof after everyone wrecked them early on I felt. That and I don't see many stock to race builds anymore besides GTR's for drag really. What's sad is a lot of these current owners are scared due to said "value", when it's not really that valuable because the market is uber small when compared to say a mid 90's p-car. Then you have the whole "stock" value vs "modified" value. *rolls eyes*. If you see one that's stock and has 100k miles on it....it wasn't always stock lol.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevin.
I have used the quikjacks on E30/E46 bmws. There's enough room for simple exhaust and maintenance work but not much else unless you're narrow af. That MaxJax looks well worth it in price if you have the right space. What's the lowest ceiling you can use that bad boy with?
There's a "will it fit" guide on their site you use to measure you're car and space. I failed due to the current short af design of my current space so it's quickjacks for me.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 08:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Pretty much. The rarity went through the roof after everyone wrecked them early on I felt. That and I don't see many stock to race builds anymore besides GTR's for drag really. What's sad is a lot of these current owners are scared due to said "value", when it's not really that valuable because the market is uber small when compared to say a mid 90's p-car. Then you have the whole "stock" value vs "modified" value. *rolls eyes*. If you see one that's stock and has 100k miles on it....it wasn't always stock lol.
I have had second thoughts about continuing to do time trials with mine and am thinking about using a different car and reserving the Evo for less risky DEs and autocross. Not too many original owner RSs with under 30k miles out there.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?