Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2021, 03:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
How is everybody?

Ive been patiently waiting my gearbox to be returned from the manufacturer. think we are at the bottom of the whole drama and it came down to a clearance change in one of the bores.

Hopefully all sorted now.

Listed car for sale on racecars direct the other week but havnt had any bites yet. Just testing the waters really.

Dallas i still need to get some front hubs from you.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 05:56 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
I actually got some videos of my car on course to watch and see how its acting and in the end, its not lifting really enough or soon enough with the bar on soft and the car is quite flat. The areas the wife was claiming we had big inside life is exactly where i would expect to have it, trail braking into areas where you just cant brake straight. So Im definitely going back to full stiff. Basically I was trying to ramp up rear rebound in an attempt to get a bit more rotation on entry but that seemed to result in occasional exit hop.

As usual, the car is stellar in its standard setup and I just keep trying variations or adjustments to see if we can get it do something different. But the base setup is crazy, Im just always chasing that next little bit of refinement.
To clarify: more rebound or more rebound damping? Because my car occasionally bounces a time or two on corner exit.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 06:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
I actually got some videos of my car on course to watch and see how its acting and in the end, its not lifting really enough or soon enough with the bar on soft and the car is quite flat. The areas the wife was claiming we had big inside life is exactly where i would expect to have it, trail braking into areas where you just cant brake straight. So Im definitely going back to full stiff. Basically I was trying to ramp up rear rebound in an attempt to get a bit more rotation on entry but that seemed to result in occasional exit hop.

As usual, the car is stellar in its standard setup and I just keep trying variations or adjustments to see if we can get it do something different. But the base setup is crazy, Im just always chasing that next little bit of refinement.
If thats the case then need to work out which corner is hopping and play with the high speed rebound to try get rid of the oscillation,

Maybe play with corner weights too be interesting to see if you could move some corner weight rearward and still pick up the inside wheel but with less understeer
Old Apr 25, 2021, 08:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 233 Likes on 159 Posts
We need more in car footage. And what bothers me about this statement is whether you are approaching the end of development on this platform
Old Apr 26, 2021, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
very tangential here - if you do youtube stuff for your car, can you expense parts and stuff? obviously there are big names like gears & gasoline but i've got a car-related llc, and the thought just occurred...
Old Apr 26, 2021, 08:20 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by V.8MR
We need more in car footage. And what bothers me about this statement is whether you are approaching the end of development on this platform
Not sure about end of development or slowing for now to get some Tesla parts going . But will still be racing and tweaking the Evo. It may get a full new suspension eventually and the ACD work will continue once Motec gets installed.

Originally Posted by kyoo
very tangential here - if you do youtube stuff for your car, can you expense parts and stuff? obviously there are big names like gears & gasoline but i've got a car-related llc, and the thought just occurred...
Comes down to the business model and income. You cant just write off a loss without a plan to make profit. I do write off all my car and racing related expenses including buying the Tesla and will be writing off the new RV, but Its all in support of making money and growing. So if you're making ad revenue with car content then sure, write it off!
Old Apr 26, 2021, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
you can lose money for a few years ,,, I believe 5 it don’t quote me.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

so apparently recaro's aluminum side brackets are about 4-5lbs lighter each than the steel ones - i figure if i'm doing this i might as well do it.

cheapest i found was on winding road's store - bizarre, but they're 60/ea cheaper than everywhere else. got them for 185/ea, 370 total no tax no shipping.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Meathooker
you can lose money for a few years ,,, I believe 5 it don’t quote me.

You can only claim a loss for 2 years "straight". Tis why I started up a dealership to balance it out and give access to ALL the stuff. Self Employeed is a special one. You basically have to be selling something motorsports related to continue writing this stuff off - however - you have to be careful with credit because if you write off TOO much, then it looks like you make pennies and nobody will qualify you. For example in one of my business's I net'd over 200k, but by the time expenses were done and write off's complete, it looks like I made 56k and that's the number you pay taxes on, and then THAT is the number lenders go off of. Takes some planning.
Old May 14, 2021, 03:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
so pretty - can't wait to bolt them in. i think im gonna get the the aluminum brackets, save 10lbs between both sides.

Which seats are those? Thinking of bringing a pair of seats back with me when I move back to the States.
Old May 15, 2021, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
You can only claim a loss for 2 years "straight". Tis why I started up a dealership to balance it out and give access to ALL the stuff. Self Employeed is a special one. You basically have to be selling something motorsports related to continue writing this stuff off - however - you have to be careful with credit because if you write off TOO much, then it looks like you make pennies and nobody will qualify you. For example in one of my business's I net'd over 200k, but by the time expenses were done and write off's complete, it looks like I made 56k and that's the number you pay taxes on, and then THAT is the number lenders go off of. Takes some planning.
the self employed adds a whole new level. Got a buddy who’s dad owns a business and hasn’t paid himself for years. He’s getting close to retirement and found out he’s getting almost no social security. Turns out if you don’t pay in you don’t get to take out.

while I feel bad for him it’s nice to know the government has a little bit of logic in it somewhere
Old May 16, 2021, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 286 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_latino999
Which seats are those? Thinking of bringing a pair of seats back with me when I move back to the States.
Recaro pole position... available in a few versions..
Old May 19, 2021, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

so i am really liking the st41 pads for raybestos but apparently those are no longer being made? anyone got any info on this? i dont think the st41s are gonna cut it for me anymore, and the pedal feel on them gets horrible halfway through. should i just jump to st47s?
Old May 19, 2021, 06:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
so i am really liking the st41 pads for raybestos but apparently those are no longer being made? anyone got any info on this? i dont think the st41s are gonna cut it for me anymore, and the pedal feel on them gets horrible halfway through. should i just jump to st47s?
41 or 43?

Either way, ST47's would be your next logical step

Old May 19, 2021, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

41's, had given them a shot and liked.

circling back tot he acd pump relocation discussion - looking under the car, it looks like if you want everything on the driver's side, you have to get rid of some emissions stuff for the usdm 8/9s - not an option for me. we can locate everything, pump and all, inside the trunk on the driver's side, or relocate it on the passenger's side with the potential of exhaust heat issues - thoughts?

also - anyone got a line on some inexpensive x calipers? mine need to be redone/replaced.

Last edited by kyoo; May 19, 2021 at 02:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?