Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
What's the secret to contacting TRE? PM me if it's unpublished contact info.

Haven't been able to get a response from them for a while.

EDIT for posterity: Got in touch with TRE. My eBay seller put the wrong phone number in the package.

Last edited by Construct; Feb 21, 2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:13 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
What's the secret to contacting TRE? PM me if it's unpublished contact info.

Haven't been able to get a response from them for a while.
=The only time I've talked to him is to request a quote from his site. Then you will get an email asking you to confirm all info is correct. After that, I've gotten phone calls, twice, within a few hours... once I never heard back. So about 66% success rate
Keep in mind it was a three day weekend, so he probably took the extra day off.

I've sent many emails asking questions but never received replies. It kinda bummed me out because I would rather him have built my trans than Shep.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 09:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Thanks. I'll submit the contact form again and hope for better luck. I'm not in a rush to get my parts back, but it's been over a month without confirmation that it even arrived at their shop.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:34 PM
kaj

Thanks. I'll submit the contact form again and hope for better luck. I'm not in a rush to get my parts back, but it's been over a month without confirmation that it even arrived at their shop.
Oh, that's different. You probably won't hear back until it's done. My diff was received ,completed, and shipped back with only a email with tracking number when done ,which was okay with me.
That was less than a week, though.
In your situation ,I'd leave messages on a daily basis until I got some kind of reply. A month is a long time.
This is all assuming you clearly marked and included your return info so he knew it was yours.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 07:46 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
I love what TRE does but rarely have the time to tolerate the unknowing. I had a bad experience with shep (over non-driveline related parts) so I had both my T-case and Trans rebuilds done by Jacks. So far only good experiences with them and they give you email updates at ever stage of the process. Something like arrival, cleaning, disassembly/inspection, reassembly/checks, and shipping. Both things I've sent them have been pretty amazing communication.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 08:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
This is all assuming you clearly marked and included your return info so he knew it was yours.
Unfortunately, this is the wildcard for me. I bought the t-case from someone else and had them ship it straight to TRE. The seller should have included the TRE packing slip, but I haven't been able to get a response from TRE yet. Hoping they're just extremely busy, but I'm beginning to wonder if I actually still own a spare transfer case somewhere.

Does anyone else offer a robust 12-plate rear diff upgrade? I have a spare diff ready to ship to TRE, but I'm not going to send that until I can get the t-case situation resolved.

My transmission is going to Jacks. Jacks seems to do great work, and they're much closer to me anyway.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
what will you be doing with your current rear diff once u get the spare one built out of curiousity?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:13 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
what will you be doing with your current rear diff once u get the spare one built out of curiousity?
You now on the hustle for a mechanical diff?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by bee-raddd
Plan was to have it refreshed with the OEM 8-plate configuration. I'll keep it as my back-to-stock spare.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
Unfortunately, this is the wildcard for me. I bought the t-case from someone else and had them ship it straight to TRE. The seller should have included the TRE packing slip, but I haven't been able to get a response from TRE yet. Hoping they're just extremely busy, but I'm beginning to wonder if I actually still own a spare transfer case somewhere.

Does anyone else offer a robust 12-plate rear diff upgrade? I have a spare diff ready to ship to TRE, but I'm not going to send that until I can get the t-case situation resolved.

My transmission is going to Jacks. Jacks seems to do great work, and they're much closer to me anyway.
buy my cusco & bolt it in!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are the "upgraded" plates still available? I forgot who made them, but there were 10 plates to replace the stock 8. My Talon would love this upgrade.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:35 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Dallas J
So far only good experiences with them and they give you email updates at ever stage of the process. Something like arrival, cleaning, disassembly/inspection, reassembly/checks, and shipping. Both things I've sent them have been pretty amazing communication.
Really? I do like that. I'm really not happy with uncommunicative people that are getting lots of my money. LOL Even with the oil pans I "brokered", I did my best to keep everyone informed through the process and always answered emails same day. I treat others how I want to be treated blah blah.

Oh, dang. That does suck. John has a "boneyard" of unknown parts laying around. Hopefully, your isn't one of those. Did you explain someone else sent it and it's possible THEY didn't do things right? He strikes me they type that would be like, "Aw screw that!" when getting unidentified parts. He's old school and a cool character, so I don't mean that in a bad way, just that he likes getting down to business and not wasting time. Again: He's a really cool guy. In fact, one reason he may be hard to get a hold of is he's probably spending all day on the phone with another customer. Once you reach him, he'll talk to you in detail and answer absolutely ALL questions.
So... Maybe if he knows you're not the one that messed up it would help

Shep does an OEM rebuild. They also do an "upgrade" where they add OEM plates (like TRE) to your existing plates, to make it 12. I didn't choose them because they just add plates to your old ones. John's process was far more involved and, IMO, a better product. But, I do understand your apprehension.
Not sure if Jacks does rear diffs....
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:35 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by BigT
Are the "upgraded" plates still available? I forgot who made them, but there were 10 plates to replace the stock 8. My Talon would love this upgrade.
If you are talking about the Weir kit... I have some pictures you may want to see before ordering....
Old Feb 20, 2019, 04:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
Oh, dang. That does suck. John has a "boneyard" of unknown parts laying around. Hopefully, your isn't one of those. Did you explain someone else sent it and it's possible THEY didn't do things right? He strikes me they type that would be like, "Aw screw that!" when getting unidentified parts. He's old school and a cool character, so I don't mean that in a bad way, just that he likes getting down to business and not wasting time. Again: He's a really cool guy. In fact, one reason he may be hard to get a hold of is he's probably spending all day on the phone with another customer. Once you reach him, he'll talk to you in detail and answer absolutely ALL questions.
So... Maybe if he knows you're not the one that messed up it would help
If you're all interested in some more Schadenfreude: I bought the t-case on eBay. The seller first sent me a tracking number that went to Detroit. After some back-and-forth, he sent me the "real", second tracking number that actually went to TRE. It's entirely possible that the disorganized eBay seller shipped the wrong part to TRE and my transfer case is actually at some random address in Detroit. If I could get a response from TRE I could probably clear this up quickly enough.

I'll try sending from another e-mail address on the off chance that I'm ending up in their spam folder.

This is about par for the course with all of my winter projects, both car and home.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 04:19 PM
kaj

Hell. That's horrible. Anything coulda been in that box

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?