Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2021, 09:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Ah right i see where you guys mean,

On the JDM cars they have a hose that comes out of the pump to go up front which is flexible and about 24" long with a metric fitting on the end of it. you guys can probably order it from the dealer?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 287 Likes on 219 Posts
it is actually a hard line that connects to a short flexible line right behind the transferbox
Old Jun 2, 2021, 07:18 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
And on another note, I'm putting together a small run of COP ignition kits. If you're interested shoot me a PM. Trying to keep pricing similar to other kits other there with a potential for a DIY kit where I sell you all the components and you just have to make the wiring harness yourself.
I'll take a plate
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Too many generic posts lol. Which one of you was cutting splitters?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 02:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
@ayoustin Cuts splitters or ships scaled templates for you to cut your own to save on cross country shipping.
The following users liked this post:
Ayoustin (Jun 2, 2021)
Old Jun 2, 2021, 03:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by kikiturbo
it is actually a hard line that connects to a short flexible line right behind the transferbox
nope out of the pump there is a flexible line for about a metre that goes up past the rear subframe etc and joins the hard line at the rear of the main floor.

How do i know? cause when we chopped my spare wheel well out we knicked it with a grinder and took ages to find where it was leaking from haha
Old Jun 2, 2021, 07:40 PM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by terror rising
@ayoustin Cuts splitters or ships scaled templates for you to cut your own to save on cross country shipping.
Get in line
Old Jun 2, 2021, 08:34 PM

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
Who was looking for evo X calipers? I been seeing them go for $6-700 on fb marketplace
Old Jun 2, 2021, 08:48 PM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin.
Who was looking for evo X calipers? I been seeing them go for $6-700 on fb marketplace
Ouch. God Damn, I'm sitting on gold!
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin.
I'll take a plate
I'll keep you in mind. Materials are currently on order and in the next week or so I'll be putting kits together. Will likely post up here when I've got them ready to go. Going to be starting with the DIY kits and as I find time I'll build a couple of the wiring harnesses for people that don't want to DIY.

Originally Posted by Balrok
Since I can't send pics via PM. Yes, here's the street Voltex one I made for a local.

Originally Posted by kaj
Get in line
Struggling to find someone local with a printer large enough. Alternatively, I could cut off a few inches of the rear to fit it on the printer I have found but that's not my preferred choice haha.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
Rear camber and toe locks are complete. I know @Balrok was interested in some. Anybody else want some? Will be a month or two until I get more, have a few sets in stock right now.

Toe locks are meant for use with aftermarket arms. The camber locks allow 7 adjustment settings that span the whole width of the slot in the factory subframe. They can be used with stock arms or aftermarket.

I can't advertise here so shoot me a PM and I can send you pricing and other info.

Old Jun 3, 2021, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
do any of you guys camp on site for track (not rv)? curious how the logistics go. if it's just me and not the gf and dog, i bet i could manage no problem. my hotel bills are as high as my gas bills for these trips and half the time the hotel sucks anyway
Old Jun 3, 2021, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
stm responded - the parts are normal and i can return them if i want, lol. i think at this point we may just keep and modify.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
do any of you guys camp on site for track (not rv)? curious how the logistics go. if it's just me and not the gf and dog, i bet i could manage no problem. my hotel bills are as high as my gas bills for these trips and half the time the hotel sucks anyway
Depends on the track. I'm currently in the process of deciding between a trailer with a bathroom and not. I'm 90% sold on the facilities on board because I can then bring said wife and dog in relative comfort. There's a stacker for sale a few miles from Dallas I have my eye on as well

Beyond that level I've seen guys bring tents and git-r-done but it depends on how camp-y and outdoor-isy ya'll are. My wife isn't, so I tend to use my Marriott points and a whole weekend costs me 20-30 bucks in taxes at a 4 star. However at tracks like Roebling and CMP there aren't any hotels nearby. Being 45+ mins from the track kinda sucks, so I'm all about rolling out of bed next to my baby and ....my real baby
Old Jun 4, 2021, 08:02 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
We use to do a ton of camping at track or campsites on long travel days. We camped all the way to Nebraska on a 5 day long route through Montana and South Dakota. Wife planned out the locations and we would show up and pop up our instant tent (critical cause its so easy and fast to get up) and blow up our queen size mattress. I have a portable grill and we preplanned each meal to cook along the way just filling up our big cooler. We only had to buy coffee in the mornings.

Once we had a kid that pretty much went out the window. Tried camping once with a baby, only once... So its been RV or Hotel since.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?