Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 06:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
Yeah, I feel a bit bad about shipping straight from the eBay seller to TRE now. In retrospect, I should have shipped to my house and then re-shipped to TRE just to keep everyone in the clear.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 06:36 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
Yeah, I feel a bit bad about shipping straight from the eBay seller to TRE now. In retrospect, I should have shipped to my house and then re-shipped to TRE just to keep everyone in the clear.
I dunno. I've done the same. It makes more sense than making an extra stop. But online purchases are always a 50/50 shot, so....
Old Feb 21, 2019, 08:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Follow up regarding TRE:

I got in touch with Jon and cleared everything up. Jon had the phone number for my eBay seller, not for me. Once we got that sorted out we had a quick conversation and everything is back on track. No hard feelings toward TRE from my end.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
You now on the hustle for a mechanical diff?
Im on the fence tbh

My pinion failed at the last round in my hybrid AYC with AYC removed and cusco LSD installed setup haha.

I suspect i didnt set the preload tight enough so probably my fault. But its taken the center case out too. So im on the fence on wether i maybe look at just getting another casing and transferring my modifications over into it and getting somebody who knows what they are doing to set the preload or do i get a billet center case made up to make it stronger while im at it. and essentially have a solid center case with just a hole for the chase and the pinion. which should make the diff strong asf.

Or i just go for a full mechanical diff like you guys got standad. thing is its expensive as hell cause you need mounts and axles and everything.

Ive borrowed a mechanical diff and axles from a friend out of his evo 8 rally car for rest of season and it doesnt turn as well as my cusco diff did but it is set up for gravel so is probably too tight for me.

So yea not sure which way to go really
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:51 AM
kaj

That makes sense. Sweet that it's all worked out. Woot.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 04:02 PM
EvoM Guru

TRE Seem to be the go-to.

However id be nervous personally with the difficult communication esp for me being overseas.

Im definately considering buying a diff on ebay and having it shipped to TRE or alternatively contacting them direct and see if they have one they would be willing to sell to me complete so i can cut out the ebay link. But sounds like a nightmare to communicate with
Old Feb 21, 2019, 05:07 PM
kaj

Being hard to reach is the new way businesses is done. I'm slowly getting used to it.
I know he had at least one unit for sale after he built mine (I sent him two). He says he trashed my first housing but had two complete units avail right after. It was s while ago ,but I know it's possible. Check his Facebook.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 02:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Shiny bits!

Old Feb 22, 2019, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 286 Likes on 218 Posts
CNC ****..
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Jon may be hard to reach, but that is his only issue. His lead times are generally <2 months. That last three times I sent him stuff it was ~4 weeks from arrival to ship out. He may not communicate much, but he certainly is not taking your money and sitting on your stuff for over a year, then it really just disappears like the typical horror story goes for a shady performance shop. Jon is hard to reach because he is in the shop working on stuff so he can get to your stuff, and get it out the door. When he sends you the invoice of what your unit needs, its because it's torn down and he's ready to work on it, and get it back together and out the door, so usually about 3-5 business days from when you pay, your stuff ships out unless he has to special order parts (he has a huge inventory of mitsu drivetrain parts).

You can go with someone else and feel all warm and fuzzy inside because you get emails and pictures every other day for updates on your transmission (or whatever you sent in), or you can send it to TRE and get a better end result of a unit that is truly built to a higher standard.

Edit- Damn that intake manifold is sexy.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Jon had my rear diff, transfercase and transmission shipped out the next day I sent payment. I knew what to do with the rear diff but had to wait a couple of days for the transfercase/transmission tear down before parts/services could be discussed. TRE had the rear diff done < 3 days it got there. After figuring out my transfercase/transmission planned out on what to do for it, he had it done before I even sent him the payment. Overall, all my stuff was at TRE for 10 days before it was all shipped back to me.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:23 PM
kaj

I think TRE had my diff done overnight. Or at least it seemed like it.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It really depends on what else is in Jon's shop. He does a lot of industrial jobs. The evo stuff is not the main income for him. That being said, I have sent him broken stuff mid race season and gotten less than 2 weeks from ship to back in hand.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:19 AM
EvoM Guru

My t-case situation is my own fault, really. I bought the transfer case on eBay and the seller wanted to ship ASAP. I had to ship it to Jon before Jon had confirmed he was ready to receive it. He tore it down quickly and he's turning it around in about a week start to finish now.

Jon has a waiting list because his services are in high demand. As far as I can tell, he turns products around very quickly once he gets to your spot in line. Like I said, I have no hard feelings toward Jon. I'll be sending more work his way shortly.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 07:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Hey @Dallas J , when do we get to see those 18x12s on the car?

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?