Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 08:50 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I guess install labor, configuration, troubleshooting, dyno, and retuning time is all free too.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by abnt89
I'd be interested in the tubular subframe discussion as well. I know I was talking to Dan over at Diamond Race Cars recently and they have some in stock right now (front and rear). But if I was in NZ, I would probably just go with Racefab.

How many of you guys are running tubular subframes and was there a noticeable difference in handling or response? Or was it mainly the weight savings that made you switch?
Class rules said no or I would have done that a long time ago
Old Jun 21, 2021, 06:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
I guess install labor, configuration, troubleshooting, dyno, and retuning time is all free too.
Sorry i was slightly low on my estimation when i converted currency, just looked up some prices and $2200USD will get you a Haltech elite 2500 + a harness for an evo. Even less if you go for the elite 2000 ($1800). Install is plug n play + wire up a few sensors.

I dont know what guys charge for dyno time up there but say another $1000USD

Still less than half the price of replacing a blown motor... This is my point rather than getting hung up on exact figures.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 06:30 PM
EvoM Guru

I'd be interested in the tubular subframe discussion as well. I know I was talking to Dan over at Diamond Race Cars recently and they have some in stock right now (front and rear). But if I was in NZ, I would probably just go with Racefab.

How many of you guys are running tubular subframes and was there a noticeable difference in handling or response? Or was it mainly the weight savings that made you switch?
Yea racefab is an option. also interested to hear opinions on your questions
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:22 PM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts

weight savings is a huge plus, but I'm looking forward to seeing how easy R&R of my trans would be.
Tubular front SF is on my to-do list.
Buschur has one listed on their site but I'm sure we've all read about how unreliable they are these days.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:28 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
I would love to do a tubular subframe but rules dont allow it.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 04:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Contacted racefab unfortunately they have a minimum 10 week wait for their stuff at the moment.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 03:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I have been thinking about a Verkline front and rear sub frame. The Verkline rear subframe incorporates one of the mounting points for the upper control arm.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 09:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
weight savings is a huge plus, but I'm looking forward to seeing how easy R&R of my trans would be.
Tubular front SF is on my to-do list.
Buschur has one listed on their site but I'm sure we've all read about how unreliable they are these days.
Magnus makes subframes. Absolutely no reason to risk a pile of cash with the new BR owner.
The following users liked this post:
kaj (Jun 23, 2021)
Old Jun 23, 2021, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Magnus makes subframes. Absolutely no reason to risk a pile of cash with the new BR owner.
I think Dave came out of retirement and is running it again since the new owner defaulted on the loan/agreement.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Siluck2
I think Dave came out of retirement and is running it again since the new owner defaulted on the loan/agreement.
Yea, Dave took back over. Changed the company name to "Buschur LLC" or something but sounds like they're back on track now.

Took off all my rear control arms too for new bushings and like half of them had the aluminum arms cracked at the casting line so looks like I get to source some used ones or look for some aftermarket ones now.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 02:32 PM

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
Yea, Dave took back over. Changed the company name to "Buschur LLC" or something but sounds like they're back on track now.

Took off all my rear control arms too for new bushings and like half of them had the aluminum arms cracked at the casting line so looks like I get to source some used ones or look for some aftermarket ones now.
You doing all 3 bushings with new OE or aftermarket ones?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts

Well thats good news on Buschur.

For control arms, Hard Race has some very nice adjustable toe arms. Not sure about the others, but it's a start.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 06:26 PM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts

we shall see. Dude has his work cut out for him, after the way the previous owner trashed the shops name.
The following users liked this post:
colo_evo (Jun 29, 2021)
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
The stock 8/9 ECU is just slow. The X logs way ****ing faster. Nothing to do with the open port.

Individual cylinder trims for fuel/timing is 100% not a bandaid. Unless you're referring it to being a bandaid for parts that don't flow to/from each cylinder evenly. But even the, unless you have ITB's. and CNC port a head that has zero core shift, and then have a perfectly tuned exhaust manifold/header, there is always going to be some cylinder imbalance that can be tuned out.
That's precisely what I'm talking about. It's for mechanical imbalances. My point wasn't saying there isn't power to be had in using individual trimming, but rather that if you're using individual trimming with the intention of it saving the motor from some sort of damage then it's a bandaid. Mechanical flow imbalances do not destroy engines.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?