Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
comes with the kit, i think it can just mount on the backside of the mounting bracket.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 02:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
comes with the kit, i think it can just mount on the backside of the mounting bracket.
Yup you could probably use the bolt holes that go to the stock hub.

One thing that is quite crucial with the ducts is to have them as close to the disc as possible. air will take path of least resistance so if you make it easy for the air to just blow out between the hub and the disc it will go that way.

If you look at the first picture i put above from the outside of the hub you can see the gold disc. this sits inside the rotor where the rotor bell is and effectively seals the air coming through the duct to the inside of the rotor forcing the air to go up through the rotor vanes. and out the outer circumference of the rotor cooling it from the inside out.

If you have a 30mm gap between the end of the duct and the disc it wont be very effective. another issue with just blowing air onto the side of the disc is youll cool the inside of the disc only which can cause the disc to distort similar to what 1 piece disc does causing uneven pad wear and knockoff etc.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 02:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
  • 7 manifold is the same as 5-6 manifold but adds EGR, still no MAP sensor bung
  • 8/9 manifold adds MAP sensor bung but it seems the JDM/UK cars didn't get the MAP sensor bung until 9 so their 8 is the same as the 7
Those are just my observations, there may be some discrepancies.
Thats actually Wrong. JDM Evo 7 and 8 Manifolds do have the map sensor bung.
My 7 RS has it along with no EGR
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by scientist
Well maybe JDM is different than EUDM or UK cars as there was a lot of talk on LR that they use the evo 9 mani for speed density tunes because it was the only one that came with it.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 286 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
Well maybe JDM is different than EUDM or UK cars as there was a lot of talk on LR that they use the evo 9 mani for speed density tunes because it was the only one that came with it.
eudm e9 cars did not have it and IIRC there was some difference in varoius MAP sensors used on JDM cars.. not all had the required range.. However, conversion to SD was never an issue. There is a nice spot to drill for bosch temp sensor (I think it is the leftover casting for JDM MAP sensor actually) and then we just add external GM map sensor.
The following 2 users liked this post by kikiturbo:
Ayoustin (Oct 30, 2021), scientist (Nov 1, 2021)
Old Nov 1, 2021, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
As already mentioned they are talking about the centerline of the caliper vs the disc as if you were standing infront of the wheel looking back if you wedge something under the caliper it will be offset to the disc and you wont get even braking and one pad would drag.

Radial mounted calipers bolt down from the top anyway so youll need to have a bracket fabricated to bolt up to the factory location for them to fit unless this comes with the kit. Youll need to redesign your brake ducts i would imagine.

Here is some photos of my radial mounted AP brakes to give you an idea. you can see the oval cut out where my brake duct mounts up

Who made those brackets? They look pretty darn sweet!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by TimC909
Who made those brackets? They look pretty darn sweet!

They are 1 off custom pieces. I had the hub 3d scanned and a guy drew up the brackets to match the brakes
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by scientist
My JDM e7 also had a map sensor.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

putting an order in for volks ce28 club racer ii's

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...143-offset-28/

8-10month wait, oh boy
Old Nov 1, 2021, 08:07 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
putting an order in for volks ce28 club racer ii's

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...143-offset-28/

8-10month wait, oh boy

That's nuts.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
That's nuts.
yeah but i think that's not as much supply chain as it is batch ordering. anyone who wants em you should order now lol
​​​​​​I'm not a fan of black wheels on white cars but somehow the wheel is growing on me. prefer the super bright silver like on the rpf1s but i figure i can powdercoat after a few years of beating
Old Nov 1, 2021, 08:23 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
yeah but i think that's not as much supply chain as it is batch ordering. anyone who wants em you should order now lol
​​​​​​I'm not a fan of black wheels on white cars but somehow the wheel is growing on me. prefer the super bright silver like on the rpf1s but i figure i can powdercoat after a few years of beating
I never know if I'll even have my car in 8 mos. 😂
I recently went from black wheels to silver again. I have personal issues with black wheels, so am stoked. LOL
It's hard to find wheels these days that aren't black.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
still looking into the ap racing brakes stuff and looking through I noticed this:

I don't know exactly how a radial mounted brake kit looks, but are they basically referring to a ducting bracket like binary's?

https://www.binaryeng.com/products/automotive

if so, damn - i spent quite a bit of time and money getting that set up.
That instruction insert was my fault lol. I slapped them between and called Jeff up showing the inside rotor bright blue because of rubbing only to find my mistake haha. But yes you put the duct on the outside of the bracket and it lines up nicely. Mind you this was the old AMS ducts but I think Binary's will be the same.
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Nov 3, 2021)
Old Nov 3, 2021, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

think i asked this before but can't recall - you can mix gas and e85 right? ie 4 gals of 89 + one of e85 = somewhere between 91-93?

not to do pulls on, just to burn off some on the pump map before i refill with pure pump
Old Nov 3, 2021, 09:55 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
You can as long as you have injector scaling approximately for your ethanol percentage. Being off 15% either way from what you're dialed in for is no problem but you wouldnt want to go from E85 to like E40 without adjusting.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?