Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
I dont know what you changed on the shock, but this is the gap you gain, which is about .75". If you changes the shock body length at the same time you just negated the gain.

Does flipping the LCA change the arc and dynamic camber gain?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
looks the same minus the felt lining, but wow that is expensive for something im gonna cut up
Old Mar 3, 2022, 07:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 444 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
looks the same minus the felt lining, but wow that is expensive for something im gonna cut up
that tells you you dont need that bar
Old Mar 3, 2022, 08:00 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by deeman101
Does flipping the LCA change the arc and dynamic camber gain?
Technically there would be a very very slight drop in MR for a given ride height. But for all practical purposes, no.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:35 AM
EvoM Guru

i think you meant this gain

Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I am really failing to see how flipping of that control arm affects anything other than shock travel length...You could do the same effect with longer or shorter fork at the end of the shock...what is that I am missing here?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by MrAWD
I am really failing to see how flipping of that control arm affects anything other than shock travel length...You could do the same effect with longer or shorter fork at the end of the shock...what is that I am missing here?
it might take a bit of space for wide tires
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

it didn't do anything. it does not increase droop travel unless your want to raise the rear about an inch, which i did not want to do.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

it didn't do anything. it does not increase droop travel unless your want to raise the rear about an inch, which i did not want to do.
so you lower the spring perch to subtract 1" fender gap (set the bottom collar to maximum). if you lift the car your spring will not reach the top hat. thats the additional droop. up to you how to fill that gap with a thin helper
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:52 AM
EvoM Guru

For a given shock length, it will move the wheel further down. Its needed if you're shock body is too short (Be it fixed length shock or not enough adjustment range). This is effectively changing the shock body length or the relative travel range of the tire for full stroke of the shock.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Good grief. Yes, it does. Raising the rear is the increased droop, thats literally the point of it. You just needed to counter with lowering the spring perch. No, a longer spring doesnt change things.

Yes, depending on spring rate and desired ride height you may end up with a loose spring at full droop. Either a helper spring to keep spring seated or reduce droop to keep spring captured.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Good grief. Yes, it does. Raising the rear is the increased droop, thats literally the point of it. You just needed to counter with lowering the spring perch. No, a longer spring doesnt change things.

Yes, depending on spring rate and desired ride height you may end up with a loose spring at full droop. Either a helper spring to keep spring seated or reduce droop to keep spring captured.
to clarify, it didn't do anything for me, as i wanted to keep the same ride height and I cannot lower the spring perch.. i have about 1-2mm of preload on the springs, so nothing further to reasonably do there, unless i add the helper springs, which I am considering. will leave it alone for now though.

i was also at the "warning level" at the shock body on the passenger's side, so it let me thread it back up over that level. if i hadn't done that, the rears would be sitting higher about an inch. we're defining droop travel as how much the suspension falls from its sitting state when lifting, correct?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:12 PM
EvoM Guru

I also looked into flipping the control arms to, in effect, add more threads for the KWv3's spring perch. so i can have extra room for a wider tire
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
*farts*
The following users liked this post:
Bee-Raddd (Mar 6, 2022)
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
it might take a bit of space for wide tires
If you are thinking with effect of lifting up you shock so the shock height adjustment nuts go above the tire, than yes...but the same could be gained by using a bit longer fork at the bottom

What I was trying to say is that I don't see any suspension geometry changes aside from the things mentioned above

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?