Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 07:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 444 Likes on 379 Posts
have you tried completely removing that BCS hose to the intake?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 07:47 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by djwrocks
I think im gonna go for an FP black, intercooler kit, tubular manifold and bigger injectors next year and hang around the 450 torque number till I decide to build the bottom end. Might stroke it, might not, but for now 272 cams, a IX turbo and meth injection holding around 27psi is good enough to have a blast and still be reliable. Got to figure out which route I wanna go for pistons and rods though, goal is to just have a 600hp street car
As long as you know what you are getting yourself into:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ggy-turbo.html
Old Jul 19, 2022, 07:59 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin.
Leaking internally? or out the ptfe coated fittings?
I'm wondering if the solenoid maybe isn't fully closing to the turbo maybe and its keeping pressure there or its not fully venting it to the bleed side. I was mostly curious if anyone had experienced it before but sounds like no. Just going to order a new one.

Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:08 AM

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
I'm wondering if the solenoid maybe isn't fully closing to the turbo maybe and its keeping pressure there or its not fully venting it to the bleed side. I was mostly curious if anyone had experienced it before but sounds like no. Just going to order a new one.
I'm sure it could fail just like anything other wear item in an heavy-use application. They're relatively inexpensive. I'd probably go the same route.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
mac valves generally either fail or they dont. i doubt youd be getting a partial leak. you would have heard it leaking when u pressure tested ur system. to confirm you can force the valve closed electronically and do ur pressure test or even just pressure test the line to it and you should get no leakage. youll hear if its leaking

Id say its more likely that your turbo is just losing its efficiency. maybe a turbine blade has been damaged or something like that. If your already at 90% duty cycle you could try free boosting it and see if it gets up to the pressure u want if it doesnt it will definitely tell you the turbo has gone bad.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 286 Likes on 218 Posts
Ive been having a bit of issue reaching boost getting worse and worse over the last few years.

Before I could hit 27-30psi and then Id ramp up duty cycle as back pressure built to try and hold but it would fall to 25ish by 8k. Now the same duty cycle (90% up top) is only getting me 23psi.

It also struggles to reach boost unless on a long pull. So quick jabs in AutoX it falls into the teens before trying to climb up to peak.

Could the boost control solenoid be bleeding internally?

Checks: Pressure tested, leaks all fixed. WGA replace OEM to Forge with med/high preload and 19psi spring
Possible causes: Gauge is wrong and boost is fine, turbine housing cracked bypassing exhaust, solenoid leaking pressure to WGA

Any quick thoughts?

Im going to do a boost leak test and hold 30psi gauge pressure on the compressor and check the boost gauge sensor and match it with the 4bar map sensor. And I'll probably just get a spare BCS for good measure.
I have had similar problems on a OEM e9 turbo with damage to flapper / flapper seat.. .and it did not have any cracks.. just did not seat propperly... another symptom was that it was a bit lazy to get on boost..
Old Jul 19, 2022, 05:45 PM
EvoM Guru

My car is on jackstands again. Found time to convert my kick scooter to electric. Should be a good pit vehicle, able to carry a floor jack, tools, batt or even a fuel jug
I used 2 forks from my kids' bikes and an old battery from their ebike

Old Jul 19, 2022, 07:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Lol, nice! Ive been looking into getting an escooter real soon especially for getting around Solo Nats.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 08:03 PM
kaj

Am I the only one using a scooter that I have to push?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 08:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
Ive been cruising around on a longboard for like 7 years. But you underestimate the size of the national area. Its like a 40min walk from one end to the other

Last edited by kaj; Jul 20, 2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:31 PM
EvoM Guru

I brought a bike to that place, I barely got anywhere because of the wind lol. I didnt even bother to take it back home.
I figured out some suspension on my scooter using an exhaust hanger thing, i cant believe it worked. The next one I build will have a long tail/arm, hayabusa style lol

check out the splash guards.... thats from a quart of oil lol
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Nope. Just picked up these bad boys the other week for the GF and I to get around the paddock and use for track walks. An electric scooter would be cool, a pit bike would be even cooler but these were only $60/ea for prime day and there's plenty of other things demanding my money at the moment.

Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
I got tired of the hard wheels and standing on one leg. those skinny wheels also could get into the gaps between concrete slabs!
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:04 AM
kaj

Ive been cruising around on a longboard for like 7 years. But you underestimate the size of the national area. Its like a 40min walk from one end to the other
Jeezus. Nope, then.

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
I brought a bike to that place, I barely got anywhere because of the wind lol. I didnt even bother to take it back home.
I figured out some suspension on my scooter using an exhaust hanger thing, i cant believe it worked. The next one I build will have a long tail/arm, hayabusa style lol

check out the splash guards.... thats from a quart of oil lol

Originally Posted by ayoustin
Nope. Just picked up these bad boys the other week for the GF and I to get around the paddock and use for track walks. An electric scooter would be cool, a pit bike would be even cooler but these were only $60/ea for prime day and there's plenty of other things demanding my money at the moment.
I'm cheap. My Razor was free

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
I got tired of the hard wheels and standing on one leg. those skinny wheels also could get into the gaps between concrete slabs!
This is true. Tiny wheels suck. I feel like I could die at any moment.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:19 AM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
If they weren't so expensive, I'd be all about an electric unicycle. Those things look like a ton of fun. I've never seen one in the wild, I think they are more popular over seas.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Jul 20, 2022 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?