Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
Is there a way to pull/remove the frame around the seatbacks for the 8/9, while still getting it to mount? I was to get the seatback a little flusher, someone said they were able to do that and get the seat to just mold around their roll bar
You're talking the rear seats around an autopower-like half cage? There is a reinforcement wire frame like thing that goes around the outside on the back of the back rest. If you cut that near where it touches the bar it will flex out of the way.
Old May 5, 2023, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

no idea, i just bought it when i saw the link for it on fb.
Probably the same. But not everyone has a 3D printer. Its $20 here vs about the same for me to order a print. #takemymoney
Old May 5, 2023, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally Posted by deeman101
You're talking the rear seats around an autopower-like half cage? There is a reinforcement wire frame like thing that goes around the outside on the back of the back rest. If you cut that near where it touches the bar it will flex out of the way.
yeah exactly. not sure how to separate the wire frame thing from the seat but i do feel it when i'm touching around there, but that's exactly what i'm talking about. it wont impact the seat mounting right?
Old May 5, 2023, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

yeah exactly. not sure how to separate the wire frame thing from the seat but i do feel it when i'm touching around there, but that's exactly what i'm talking about. it wont impact the seat mounting right?
At least the way I did it, no. Take a tin snip to just that area on each side and it will deform out of the way from the roll bar. You could I guess take the entire thing out...seems like a lot of work.
Old May 5, 2023, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deeman101
At least the way I did it, no. Take a tin snip to just that area on each side and it will deform out of the way from the roll bar. You could I guess take the entire thing out...seems like a lot of work.
I assume when you've got the back seat out you can uncover/expose that wire and just snip it?
The following users liked this post:
deeman101 (May 5, 2023)
Old May 5, 2023, 02:47 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Apart from the Motec install Im making a few tweaks this year.

Im dropping spring rates about 10% all around because I am going to change to primarily running Street Tires (XA) in the future. Im also adding a helper spring to the rear and giving it about 0.5-0.75" of droop. It wont have any effect going through a corner and lifting a tire since the bar will overpower it. The only reason is to give the rear some room to extend instead of hitting a shock limit with bumps on the street.

Gotta figure out if Im putting a radio back in the car also. Since street car, I might look into that a bit more seriously. I have all the parts including the MR sub box.
alpinaturbo (May 5, 2023)
Old May 6, 2023, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
Apart from the Motec install Im making a few tweaks this year.

Im dropping spring rates about 10% all around because I am going to change to primarily running Street Tires (XA) in the future. Im also adding a helper spring to the rear and giving it about 0.5-0.75" of droop. It wont have any effect going through a corner and lifting a tire since the bar will overpower it. The only reason is to give the rear some room to extend instead of hitting a shock limit with bumps on the street.

Gotta figure out if Im putting a radio back in the car also. Since street car, I might look into that a bit more seriously. I have all the parts including the MR sub box.
I loved blasting radar love in the staging lanes in a full weight X during GTA a couple years ago. The smug face left an imprint on my windshield haha. Yes kids, this fat a** car slayed your times and drove to work the next day. Ah, I miss that car until I didn't.
Old May 7, 2023, 03:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Hes a video of my fastest lap from the weekend. We gave it a good crack had a mixed bag of results. Race 1 we had an epic battle with the eventual winner and came home in third. Race 2 Had another couple of great battles. threw 2 spots away in the last corner due to missing some downshifts. Race 3 we were on for another solid third place battling for second and the downshift issue reappeared which dropped me back to 9th on the last lap.

We didnt have the tyres and straight line speed available to compete with the top 2 unfortunately and the nut behind the wheel is a little rusty. Still had heaps of fun.

The lap is a 1:07.5 which was fast enough to give us pole for the last race. Optimal is down at a 1:06.8 now so pretty stoked about that. Almost did it on the lap here but didnt quite get the last 2 turns right and gave up a bit of time.

deylag (May 8, 2023)
Old May 7, 2023, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
How does one miss shifts with full on paddle shifting lol. Nice runs!
Old May 7, 2023, 04:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Balrok
How does one miss shifts with full on paddle shifting lol. Nice runs!
When you pull the paddle and the barrel doesnt rotate like its suppozed to lol. got a box of neutrals as it only half shifted. managed to get it into a gear eventually

Think its burred itself up again will have to pull box out and have it polished again. the bore holes for where the shift detent pins sit were never radiused/ de burred after honing is what we found a while back which caused the same issue. we did what we could at the time but now its the winter for us will pull the box and have it tidied up properly.
Old May 7, 2023, 04:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Setup seems to be working pretty well being able to be back full throttle around apex. Pulls through corners great.
Old May 8, 2023, 03:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Setup seems to be working pretty well being able to be back full throttle around apex. Pulls through corners great.
Yea some random dude in america makes these awesome front uprights which achieve that haha.

It definitely hooks up even better with fresh tyres. my only downside currently with the setup is if i go too hard pre apex it buzzes the inside front tyre up
Old May 9, 2023, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

ohmylanta

having flex fuel on the evo is so nice
Old May 9, 2023, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
ohmylanta

having flex fuel on the evo is so nice
E85 would be a nice substitute for the crappy 91 octane we have here in CA, but the only thing that I'm hesitant on is the ~200 miles or so I'd get on every fill up. I'm already annoyed having to fill up every 275-300 lol
Old May 9, 2023, 08:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Its not E85 he's saying, its Flex so he can just dump in eth when he wants it.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?