Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 08:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
Haha yes the car is in a million bits currently.

Box out also in next couple days. needs a new 6th gear zzzz. tuner only set up 1st to 5th on the flat shift setup so 6th is ruined.

I thought being summer u guys would be posting more! im having withdrawls hahaha trying to live through u lot for winter
How often are you going into 6th on track?

You must be on the short list of people having good luck with both a 2.3 stroker and a 6-speed transmission over time.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
How often are you going into 6th on track?

You must be on the short list of people having good luck with both a 2.3 stroker and a 6-speed transmission over time.
ive got a modena sequential

i was blowing 4th gears on a stock 5 speed almost every round. went h pattern dogbox and it was blowing dog rings every round too. Sequentials been mint apart from the tuner ****ing the flat shift up.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Mostly agree, for flat lots you deff need the spring to get the rotation on point with the added front grip of his setup. However on tracks especially ones with elevation you want a slightly softer then normal so that the rear "squats" and makes the tires bite. When I ran above 12k in the rear it was rather unstable coming out of 5 at road atlanta which isn't a corner you want to do that in. Talking to Marty who's also a regular road racer he went even softer then I and I watched him pull on the mustangs ripping out of the same corner which of course leads to a straight. Then we go to places like Sebring which is broken concrete so hard springs equal bad things. Mind you this is on DOT's.

With slicks, especially if your gonna go more narrow, I think 15/17 would be a happy medium. My slick setup is 12/14

I duno i struggle with massive body roll in my thing. it dives way too much on the front and squats too hard on the rear. I run like 40mm rake front to rear and it still looks like the bum is squatting at high speeds down the straights and the front is up in the air.

Im thinking its my shocks which have ****ty valving in them and cannot be re valved. hopefully Dallas' Ohlins will sort out alot of my issues here with bodyroll as its well over sprung now and just bouncy.

Look here to see the body roll i get in a turn: (sorry photo uploader on here isn working )

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KS...22xu6auf7qp1ai

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ys...F9wvCTphriUNBk

And on a straight how much it squats.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kS...5lOXupA4-_ZunY
Old Jun 10, 2019, 03:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts
ive got a modena sequential

i was blowing 4th gears on a stock 5 speed almost every round. went h pattern dogbox and it was blowing dog rings every round too. Sequentials been mint apart from the tuner ****ing the flat shift up.
That makes much more sense. I was questioning everything I knew about Evo transmissions last night.

Are you still running the same 2.3 motor?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
I duno i struggle with massive body roll in my thing. it dives way too much on the front and squats too hard on the rear. I run like 40mm rake front to rear and it still looks like the bum is squatting at high speeds down the straights and the front is up in the air.

Im thinking its my shocks which have ****ty valving in them and cannot be re valved. hopefully Dallas' Ohlins will sort out alot of my issues here with bodyroll as its well over sprung now and just bouncy.

Look here to see the body roll i get in a turn: (sorry photo uploader on here isn working )

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KS...22xu6auf7qp1ai

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ys...F9wvCTphriUNBk

And on a straight how much it squats.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kS...5lOXupA4-_ZunY
Haha Ya you've overspent on most everything and way underspent in the shock department lol. Tien, 600+hp, and sequential is like putting the AllBlacks rugby team on an ice lake with socks on I had custom KW 2 ways as soon as I went to 100tw tires for regular track days circa 2007 lol.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
have all you track guys done the EGR removal? Anything change with that since the car's come out? Just a block off plate? Car consumes a little more fuel this way, negligible, etc?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
have all you track guys done the EGR removal? Anything change with that since the car's come out? Just a block off plate? Car consumes a little more fuel this way, negligible, etc?
Was one of the first things I did to my car. Won't really have any effect in any area but it's one less thing to fail, and removes some weight.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:36 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
I sandwiched a block off plate under the EGR, since I live in CA and have to pass a smog visual. I haven't noticed any difference in performance or MPG. Actually, I have no clue of what my car does related to MPG, so I'm not the right person to comment on that
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
I sandwiched a block off plate under the EGR, since I live in CA and have to pass a smog visual. I haven't noticed any difference in performance or MPG. Actually, I have no clue of what my car does related to MPG, so I'm not the right person to comment on that
Smiles per gallon.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Since 2008 I think?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:20 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Smiles per gallon.
You know it!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Thought it was smiles per mile?

Kyoo- another reason to get rid of your EGR is from a simplistic approach. The vac lines behind the IM are notorious for popping off. Less vac lines less chance for leaks. #Profit
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

gotcha. I guess I'll just have to address it if/when I move to Cali
Old Jun 11, 2019, 01:08 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
Thought it was smiles per mile?
Per Mile, Per gallon, same thing in my car
Old Jun 11, 2019, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Per Mile, Per gallon, same thing in my car
too real. i went from full to empty in 3 20min sessions at a track day. after refilling that came out to 5mpg

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?