Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2024, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 142 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
any stock or stock frame turbo guys running the artec exhaust manifold on here?

https://artecperformance.com/product...41877671903404
@Jaraxle is on his X.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 01:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 444 Likes on 379 Posts
any stock or stock frame turbo guys running the artec exhaust manifold on here?

https://artecperformance.com/product...41877671903404
me

Old Jul 1, 2024, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
me

noticeable improvement? any reason for no heat shield? other than it covers up that beautiful mani. are you running their 3.5" downpipe?
Old Jul 1, 2024, 03:17 PM
EvoM Guru

noticeable improvement? any reason for no heat shield? other than it covers up that beautiful mani. are you running their 3.5" downpipe?
I use the heatshield, although not good for those m6 bolts. I'm getting a proper comparable tune tomorrow so we'll see
Old Jul 1, 2024, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieOh
@Jaraxle is on his X.
Yep here it is prior install:

Installed:

GTX3076R Gen 2 with "normal" 4" inlet cover was a tight fit:

performance wise, I BELIEVE it spools faster than the MAP manifold but I didn't run it completely apples to apples. The MAP manifold is a few cast pieces welded to a flange versus this ARTEC unit is completely cast and then machined. The runners and collectors of each common pulse group is done in a way that is better than the MAP unit to optimize spool (focus on continuous runner diameter and no abrupt flow changes).
Real numbers coming soon (in my build thread) with HIGH hopes!
The following users liked this post:
Tarmacstage (Jul 7, 2024)
Old Jul 1, 2024, 09:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
I hear you man, thinking about the discontinued oem parts I might need in the future gives me anxiety lol. Sometimes I do end up ordering from STM or MAP because there isn't any cheaper options or is a hard to find piece, but just a couple weeks ago I called my local Mitsu dealer and ordered a new 9 front bumper and the mesh pieces for about $100 cheaper than what STM is asking, and if you count shipping from STM its closer to $400 saved. The parts that are not discontinued yet are typically cheaper directly from the source.
I saw a guy in australia selling an ACD transfer case for $6000 the other day. Was sitting there thinking **** i have 2 of them just sitting in my shed are they getting that rare now.

Its things like starter motors and alternators etc which are becoming very hard to get.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
try finding a bare 9 head for a core …. It’s getting thin out there.

Originally Posted by Bee-Raddd
I saw a guy in australia selling an ACD transfer case for $6000 the other day. Was sitting there thinking **** i have 2 of them just sitting in my shed are they getting that rare now.

Its things like starter motors and alternators etc which are becoming very hard to get.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jaraxle
Yep here it is prior install:

Installed:

GTX3076R Gen 2 with "normal" 4" inlet cover was a tight fit:

performance wise, I BELIEVE it spools faster than the MAP manifold but I didn't run it completely apples to apples. The MAP manifold is a few cast pieces welded to a flange versus this ARTEC unit is completely cast and then machined. The runners and collectors of each common pulse group is done in a way that is better than the MAP unit to optimize spool (focus on continuous runner diameter and no abrupt flow changes).
Real numbers coming soon (in my build thread) with HIGH hopes!
idk how different it is from the 9 but I've heard similar, gets rid of some 90 degree bend or something. I'm obviously not an engineer but it didn't look all that special to me, but I guess it must work.

https://artecperformance.com/blogs/n...3-exhaust-flow
Old Jul 2, 2024, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathooker
The guys sitting on spare engine and drivetrain parts will have a gold mine in 15 years.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 07:31 AM
EvoM Guru

whut. those are not hard to find in the US. there's probably several people like me who has several starters since we're been diagnosing the starting issue :P
Old Jul 2, 2024, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
I hear you man, thinking about the discontinued oem parts I might need in the future gives me anxiety lol. Sometimes I do end up ordering from STM or MAP because there isn't any cheaper options or is a hard to find piece, but just a couple weeks ago I called my local Mitsu dealer and ordered a new 9 front bumper and the mesh pieces for about $100 cheaper than what STM is asking, and if you count shipping from STM its closer to $400 saved. The parts that are not discontinued yet are typically cheaper directly from the source.
I also go directly to mitsu for the small bits. I like to support STM even with their prices sometimes because they have good stock, ship the same day and appreciate their well organized site updating discontinued parts regularly.

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
whut. those are not hard to find in the US. there's probably several people like me who has several starters since we're been diagnosing the starting issue :P
Yea you guys seem to have alot of quality aftermarket starters/alternators. I had no issue finding one in the usa which is nice. Tcase/engine/drivetrain stuff is very hard to find. I just spent 2k on a non-acd t-case housing only. No internals after searching for a long time. Spending 5k-8k on a tcase or trans is pretty normal everywhere else in the world. I dont think Americans know how lucky they were to get the evo 8/9 into their market. Most countries never got them and others who did got very few, making parts very hard to find/looking to Japan, UK, USA for parts.
The following users liked this post:
ViciousLSD (Jul 2, 2024)
Old Jul 2, 2024, 08:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by RallySport9
Yea you guys seem to have alot of quality aftermarket starters/alternators. I had no issue finding one in the usa which is nice. Tcase/engine/drivetrain stuff is very hard to find. I just spent 2k on a non-acd t-case housing only. No internals after searching for a long time. Spending 5k-8k on a tcase or trans is pretty normal everywhere else in the world. I dont think Americans know how lucky they were to get the evo 8/9 into their market. Most countries never got them and others who did got very few, making parts very hard to find/looking to Japan, UK, USA for parts.
I just got 180amp alternator and I was kinda surprised it made in the USA. I believe these parts are shared among several other models. My starters are kinda abused by me having all the starting issues in the past and more so recently and so far no odd noises and hesitation yet
non ACD is being hoarded by dragracers. I got their ACD TC for $1200. diffs i got for $600 years back. Last year I got a freshly TRE built 5sp trans for 6.5k thru B&M
Old Jul 8, 2024, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

does anyone want a free k&n air filter? the 4.5" maf one that comes with the ets intake kit. just venmo me shipping if you want it.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 05:50 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathooker
I was talking with a friend last night about how it still bums me out that they kid that bought my Evo managed to trash 10yrs worth of development, within three weeks of purchasing, by money shifting from third to second... so I came on to see if he was posting about it. I told her I'm picturing the poor thing in his driveway with a tarp over it, literally rotting away.
Anyway.. .came across these posts. They are the reason I sold the car. Is it getting that bad? It's been a year or two so wondering how quickly parts are becoming unobtanium.

Last edited by kaj; Jul 8, 2024 at 08:19 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 06:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 593 Likes on 447 Posts
I've never heard of starters being hard to find, unless you're being picky about OEM. Alternators still have a few options. Power steering pumps seem the slimmest picking for accessories but those don't die that easily, are easy to find used, and it's not all that hard to retrofit another pump to work.

As with most things, the grass is always greener. As far as a dedicated track car I just want something that's relatively simple and not electrified to death and I feel the Evo fits that pretty well, just an honest, simple, performance car IMO.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2024 Summer Projects?