Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

first time for autoX at giants stadium

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2004, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first time for autoX at giants stadium

i jumped into autocrossing this weekend with NASA northeast autocrossing at giants stadium... wow i am hooked already... i did good first time but i experienced first hand many times people speak of in evom...

1.evo is made for the track, handling .. even gearing......
2.power and torque helps but driver skill gets you much further
3.it takes alot of track experience and skills to fully max the evo's potential... reading about it on the forums and doing it on the track is 2 different animals

i got 5th in my class which was good for first time... i will work hard to improve now.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

by the way... im sucky with names but if u were an evo dude .... post here and let me know who u were
Old Aug 23, 2004, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

You're three-wheeling it out there. Keep it up.

Is that a stock suspension on that car? That's a lot of body roll... At least it shows that you're not taking it easy out there.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 06:30 AM

Howdy all you stinkin Evo drivers

<---- WRX driver there at GS this weekend with NASA-X

Just wanted to say you guys had a great representation, and, as always, awesome results.

I did want to throw up a message on the boards here because after the parking lot was empty, myself and another WRX owner were the last two there, and I found a nice black Van Huesen, long-sleeved shirt. I'm not entirely sure who's it could be, but it was found in the vicinity where the Evo's were paddocked/gridding. It could very well belong to somebody else, but thought I'd try it out here. If you think it may be yours, *OR* if you know who's it might be, PM or email me and I'll do my best to get it back to you/him/her ASAP.

Thanks, and hope to see you all again in October! (Or next weekend at Pocono for the HPDE!)

Kyle (Silver WRX with teh hole in the roof, and NO IT IS NOT THE WORLD'S SMALLEST SUNROOF! )
Old Aug 23, 2004, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

AutoX@Giants

You did great for being a first timer and running stock suspension/tires, hope to join you guys next time, had a great time watching fellow evo evthusiast having fun with their evos. Good luck on your next autox, I'm sure you'll kick more *** next time
Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

<----I'm in the white evo with Advan wheels. Nice meeting you guys at the autox. Jae, remember you told me you over shoot the first hard right turn before teh slalom? The third pic is hard core evident hahha. look how it throw you off the line entering the slalom if you go in to that right hander too hot. But you show amazing improvement .

CirrusWRX, Thanks for asking here, I asked around about the sweater also but no one want to claim it so I just left it there.

Bluevo-nice talking to you at the event, you got a really nice engine setup! I would love to see how the EMS responds in an autox. With 330hp, you car must be a rocket.

All in all its a very smooth and fun event, the weather was super nice. The only bad part for me is I missed the Fastest time of the day by only 2 tenth of a sec...damn. Oh well, there is always next time.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 09:33 AM

I was there with my friend in the Red stock evo. Here are a couple of pics I took of the other evos.

Originally Posted by mifesto
by the way... im sucky with names but if u were an evo dude .... post here and let me know who u were
Old Aug 24, 2004, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Results are up! http://www.nasanortheast.org/results...04-results.htm
Old Aug 24, 2004, 09:45 AM

Hey Mifestro, I just noticed, nice Gailia bumper! What all did you have to do to get it put on? Did you have to get an Evo 7 hood and headlights, or just take off the front bumper beam?

Cool pics, too. I too took my silver Evo out to Autocross for the first time this season, in Connecticut. I also raced at the Nassau event, which was a blast. The evo might not be a miata when it comes to pure auto x prowess, but it still kicks butt. I've got four first place trophies and two second place trophies in rookie non-stock so far, so I can't complain about the car. = )
Old Aug 25, 2004, 05:28 AM

OK cool - thanks kevo! I figure I would just grab it and give it to the NASA crew this weekend at Pocono and they can throw it in their "lost and found" bin or something. Nice runs, by the way! And for the rest of you, hopefully you got to check out Rob Plafta's pic's - he is an amazing photographer (IMO), a subie driver, and just an all around nice guy. He snapped like 700 pix on Sunday- so go ahead and check them out at his site:

http://www.plaftaphoto.com - then go to photo gallery, then "Racing" - then the top left, 8.22.04 NASA-X

enjoy!
Old Aug 25, 2004, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

CirrusWRX..... yeah i dont own that shirt and i have no idea who's that is... there was so many wrx's that day i wouldnt remember which one was yours

kevo....... u know wats funny? the pic where im way off the line cuz i overshot that turn is one of my best runs... i dont get it either maybe i just pushed it like a madman on that one.... by the way, i left really quick after my work heat but did i win anything for being 5th in C class? maybe atleast a kick in the *** for "try better next time"? haha

turbotaz.... ur an evo-ny right? i saw the sticker... wats ur screen name on evony.com?

orion981..... gialla bumper doesnt need anything (evo7 hood or lights)
Old Aug 25, 2004, 08:11 AM

The NASA results always show "T2, T3, T4, etc..." depending on the size of the class, but I think it's just the software - they only usually give out trophies for 1, 2, 3. Sometimes only 1 and 2 if the class is REALLY small.

mifesto - this is my car. One of the few subie's with a hole in the roof (intentional, that is!)

Old Aug 25, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

dude i love that cooling vent.... another guy i know has it on his STI.... i wish i had that for my evo... but i already got the moonroof... adds weight but oh well

nice sti... very sweet...
Old Aug 25, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

CirrusWRX, Thanks for the link. Those are amazing photos!

one of mine

My friend's NSX

friend's hachiroku

Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

just curious... is his hachiroku streetable?

Quick Reply: first time for autoX at giants stadium