Notices
Mountain Mitsubishi - Tacoma, WA [Visit Site]

Mod Friendly?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xturdfergusonx
how would one companies mods not void and the rest will void your warranty?? Best backed cars my ***!

Here are some examples of the "Best Backed cars in the world"

My calipers are pealing. They replace one, but the other has a rock chip on the bottom of the caliper and the top of the caliper is pealing. That one does not get replaced.

Friends evo has major engine failure and needs head work. They tell him at Mountain Mits. that the exhaust and the intake gave the car more horsepower and starved the engine for oil. BS!

Another friends evo's tranny had been rebuilt 2 times before he bought the car. Mountain replaced the clutch and did the rebuild the 2nd time. Now 3rd and 4th gear are gone. No one will honor the warranty. And yes when he bought the car he bought it with the warranty as well as the extended warranty for drivetrain.

No wonder Mitsubishi has had financial troubles in the past. They will be worse when everyone realizes they are lying about being the "Best Backed" Their warranty is just a sticker on a box full of Dog ****!

Nuff said I am out!
Old Jul 8, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
haha no... I have Fujita intake with UICP and AMS LICP it dont affect MAF..

If MAF problem go SCHUCKS Auto parts store buy a MAF cleaner spray can, it work
Quite a few aftermarket intakes do mess with the MAF. They change how the air flows across it and that can cause MAF readings to be off. Some cause more "noticeable" changes than others. When you get tuned a good tuner will take care of that by adjusting the MAF for the intake.

You do have to watch for the air filters with the oil since that oil can cause the MAF to go bad over time.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:09 AM

Just had mountain rebuild my tranny under warranty. They told me they don't care about mods, but if the regional mitsu rep wants to inspect the car, he can void as he wishes from modifications. He didn't request to inspect my car, but I made sure I put it all back to stock before I took it in. Just keep your stock parts guys.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:45 PM

any used evos on hand for sale, they are so hard to find for a good price. If i am getting off topic I apolagize
Old Jul 24, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Just expect a voided warranty when you mod. My subie dealership was way too cool with me for a long time. Longer than I expected when I gave them the keys with the access port key chain to them.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Service department - A+++
Dealership - F
Old Aug 14, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Walker Renton always did warranty work on my 03.. from transfer cases on up!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Walker Renton always did warranty work on my 03.. from transfer cases on up!

with or without mods is the question everyone here is asking. It seems the same answer we all come up with is take all your mods off, act dumb, and cross your fingers and hope the dealwe will cover it.... Or the mitsu reps dont know the wiser..
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
JTG

This dealership is thumbs down.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
6th gear is not covered when your car is modified. Your idler pulley is not covered when you are modified. MMNA doesnt recognise the legal ramifications of the Moss Magnuson act of 1974 (fortunately I do as do my lawyers). They (Robin) flatly refused to be reasonable about the whole thing.

While I understand the basic guideline is there to prevent abuse of the warranty, this is ridiculous. The fact that my VIN is now in their system as a modified car and that I was asked to come back in and recieve this treatment is also ridiculous.

Luis was cool.

All others involved can go eat a plate of richards. Everyone that I have ever tuned, dealt with, talked to, slept with, drank with, related to, halucinated, or might have in any other form come into contact with will know about this. I will notify every military personel I know that might even remotely think about buying a Mitsu to avoid Mt like the plague.

Buying a car that has MR for Mitsubishi Racing in the name that wont be covered if the car is ever modified and used for that exact purpose is false advertising. Best Backed Cars In The World...I am speechless. I can say the least backed cars in the world for sure.

Last edited by JohnBradley; Sep 1, 2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

What if I went to get my Tranny fluids and Diff fluids changes and new belts. Think it would be worth going to them...they wont try to take some info from me since I am modified will they? Btw, hope everything works out for you John.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 03:23 AM
Evolved Member

Mt. is starting to become inconsistent...btw i am one of the ones hes slept w/...keke
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

then we should Rollin to MOD 08 and COMPLAINS to Headquarter of Mitsubishi of America.. tell where is our Best Backed Cars In The World.. and VOID our cars if we have intake or Exhaust.. whatever? Japan Mitsubishi allow have alot Ralliart, some Mod they didnt Void warranty... I know Ralliart under mitsubishi..

Mountain mitsubishi have WORKS now.. but they wont void if u use WORKS perfomances.. come on THAT BS! we have mods that non WORKS performance parts we get VOID???.. Works and aftermarket performance Brands are same..

Mitsubishi rep and warranty rep are stupid.. that why we just buy and take somewhere to service at World one, English Racing, West Werk, Pina motorsport, Drift Office, Illtech, Axiom, whatever they just fix and keep under warranty if they break or misplace they still replacement it.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xturdfergusonx
with or without mods is the question everyone here is asking. It seems the same answer we all come up with is take all your mods off, act dumb, and cross your fingers and hope the dealwe will cover it.... Or the mitsu reps dont know the wiser..
Walker Renton knew I had mods (cams, catless exhaust, etc) and always covered my warranty work. I dont know if things have changed because I havent been there in a few years. A couple of the mechanics did a lot of moonlight work too which was cool, but I think they have all left.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Subaru has been really good to me replacing an ecu I burned up and some other minor issues. I really want to get into an evo, but I am afraid the tranny or t-case will go and they will deny me. I have heard so many horror stories of misu not covering items even on stock cars.

Quick Reply: Mod Friendly?