Notices
Mountain Mitsubishi - Tacoma, WA [Visit Site]

Mod Friendly?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mofoSTI
Subaru has been really good to me replacing an ecu I burned up and some other minor issues. I really want to get into an evo, but I am afraid the tranny or t-case will go and they will deny me. I have heard so many horror stories of misu not covering items even on stock cars.
I hear ya. If your too worried just keep the clutch stock and the restrictor pill in. Drivetrain will be fine. I ditched my Suby back in 02
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
then we should Rollin to MOD 08 and COMPLAINS to Headquarter of Mitsubishi of America.. tell where is our Best Backed Cars In The World.. and VOID our cars if we have intake or Exhaust.. whatever?
That would be a waste of time.

Japan Mitsubishi allow have alot Ralliart, some Mod they didnt Void warranty... I know Ralliart under mitsubishi..
Yes, and that is why in some countries that doesn't void the warranty since they know the quality of the ralliart parts. Warranties vary from country to country as well....so this doesn't really mean anything....its how it works in this country that is important.

Mountain mitsubishi have WORKS now.. but they wont void if u use WORKS perfomances.. come on THAT BS! we have mods that non WORKS performance parts we get VOID???.. Works and aftermarket performance Brands are same..
Not all parts are the same though. Not saying that WORKS is better than anyone else, or worse, but "the same" is a bad generalisation. I've always wondered for people who have done this through Mountain if it this is valid at other dealerships....I doubt it is. This is probably an agreement that Mountain has but i bet it doesn't apply to MMNA as a whole.

Mitsubishi rep and warranty rep are stupid.. that why we just buy and take somewhere to service at World one, English Racing, West Werk, Pina motorsport, Drift Office, Illtech, Axiom, whatever they just fix and keep under warranty if they break or misplace they still replacement it.
They also don't do the "Free" maintenance that you get under warranty...you pay those shops to do that work.

Just trying to keep things here relatively objective.

Last edited by codgi; Sep 17, 2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, the thing that chris and all of us are saying is that mt. is being inconsistent w/ whom they are warrantying. Some are modded w/ non works stuff and others are and they are inconsistently warrantying/voiding both. that is all...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by wshihdnevo
yeah, the thing that chris and all of us are saying is that mt. is being inconsistent w/ whom they are warrantying. Some are modded w/ non works stuff and others are and they are inconsistently warrantying/voiding both. that is all...
I think this is true with a lot of dealers though. Some people have had bad experiences with Renton and I haven't. From what I understand it depends on if the regional rep is there at the time or not. They also tend to be a lot more **** about these things than some of the dealers.

Either way I understand what you guys are saying.

Last edited by codgi; Sep 17, 2007 at 11:37 PM.